Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5
Muggonny
Group Admin

Okay, so, very sorry to keep everyone waiting! I had originally planned to announce the winners on April 20th, but life kept on getting in the way. Many of the judges were also very busy. Like, Flutterpriest, for example! He a member of the Barcast, which is coming to an end this Saturday! Kindly send your support and emotional words!

Also, Runic's job had a change in structure, so that hindered things a bit.

However, both Priest and Runic were able to get through all of the entries well before the 20th. So, what's the issue, then?

I had no energy. None. I would wake up and be unable to do so much as look at a page. This problem persisted for weeks, and there could be a multitude of reasons why I was jetlagged so easily. Of course, the first conclusion I jumped to was the anxiety meds my doctor prescribed me. One of the side effects was that they would make me drowsy. However, I was already experiencing bouts of lethargy before I started taking them.

So, the obvious jumped to mind: I work the night shift, and I suck in food without a care in the world of what it is. Yeah, it's no wonder I'm always effing tired.

I've made a few changes that have helped me immensely. 1) I try to wake up on time. This has been increasingly difficult because I've consistently been getting 12 hours instead of 7-8. 2) I'm focusing on making my meals at home. I'm already a bit of a health nut, so I do a good job of not buying junk food. 3) My counselor replaced my anxiety meds with Bupropion, which is supposed to help with my energy and focus. 4) I'm trying to work out more. I was already doing this consistently, but that consistency waned over the past month.

So, yeah, that's what's going on. It's not a major health crisis, but it is a sign that I need to start respecting my body more. Thankfully, all of this is working. I've already managed to read more entries, and if all goes according to plan, we should have contest winners announced within the first week of May!

That's pretty much it. Just thought I'd post this so you guys aren't left in the dark. Thank you for your patience, and even more so, thank you for all of the entries!

Namaste brethren.

No worries. I think all of us are just excited to see how we did. Take your time and focus on your health.

Soaring
Group Admin

Namaste. This is some real fucking food, sir. Also, note I will be finishing mine this weekend. Got a lot of time to dish out. :twilightsmile:

Here's hoping the adjustments help you in general. I'm also looking forward to the results, but those take a back seat to you feeling your best.

Self care and healthy living habits are SUPER important, but we often only realize that when things start to go sideways. You take care of yourself first; results of a fanfic contest are strictly in the "nice to have" column. :heart:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5