Fallout Equestria 5,421 members · 2,633 stories
Comments ( 30 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 30

It could be that they kept updating the armor before the bombs fell, because steel hooves armor is T-45d. or maybe they just had the one armor.

Professor Plum
Group Admin

any ideas why the Steel Rangers are using the T-45d Power Armor like the East Coast Brotherhood instead of the T-51b Power Armor

Because they don't.

FO:E doesn't have either of those kinds of armour. It just has it's own brand of it, which is never mentioned to be the 45 or 51. People just think the 45 looks cooler, so when drawing fanart, based it on that.

Power armor was never explicitly described in the story.

All fanart you see isn't canon. Any depicton of pony power armor is based on artist interpretation. It can look like anything.

Hell, people can draw Steel Rangers like Space Marine Cataphractii Terminators, if they wanted

It would be awesome ... wouldn't it.

Simply put T51b armor was designed to be easy to render on the very rudimentary graphics at the time, and as a result looks blocky and not that interesting visually (and the actual reason it doesn't appear in Fallout 3 much is the fact that they admitted it was REALLY hard to animate properly). T-45d just has so much more going on with it, and looks properly Fallout 'junky'.

4502149 Those are actually Custodes, not Astartes. Close though.

4502120 It is called the rule of cool, my brother. As long as you look amazing, nothing can harm you. It worked in 300 didn't it?

Oiled abs for everyone!

Searched 'Terminator Cataphractii Pattern' and it was the coolest that popped up.

* shrug *

Based off of teh Empra's gene seed too, so they kinda count :duck:

4502576 Actually the Custodes aren't created using a gene-seed.

Well woudja lookit dat, you're right.

4502540 They really didn't want to put their armor on no matter how many times the Emprah told them, but when you're that fabulous :raritystarry: your rock hard oily abs are all the protection you need!

On topic, which do you folks think is a more popular depiction of the Pegasus Enclave power armor: the Fo3 version, the Fo2 version , or even something else entirely? So far I've seen alot of Fo3 variants in fanart, but maybe that's just me though. :twilightsheepish:

4502795 I'm not very familiar with the Enclave.

4502802 Well here's some Power Armor from both games to clarify:

Fallout 3: (Tesla variant on the left, normal on the right)

Fallout 2 Advanced Power Armor:

And then some Fallout Equestria fanart:

I find Enclave armor doesn't precisely scan, as it's specifically stated to be lightweight and streamlined (something Fallout Enclave armor isn't).

Fallout 2's Adv. Power Armor looks more birdlike to me (mainly the helmet) so I'd like to think that GPE armor to be something on the lines of that.

4503890 The Fallout 2 enclave power armor is specifically designed to be an eagle, so yeah, it is a bird.

Although part of me wants there to be an enclave power armor that looks like the crazy outfit rainbow dash requested in "Suited for Success".

4502250 Actually the T-51 does appear in FO3, you just have to find an easily missable quest and intentionally fail it to get the keys needed to reach it.

Or have Operation Anchorage.

there were many sugguestions to change or replace the 'Steel Ranger Power armor' but the ministry of wartime technology, but ether they never
made them or never mass produced.
but there ate a few mentions of different power armors in other fanfics like: Project Horizons

there were many sugguestions to replace or change the 'Steel Ranger Power armor' but the ministry of wartime technology, ether they never
made them or never mass produced.
but there a few mentions of different power armors in other fanfics like: Project Horizons

Little known fact, the reward for that quest was supposed to be MP-47/A prototype medic power armor. One of the animators managed to get a working model for the T-51 (which he was very proud of) literally a few weeks before Gold master, and it was hurriedly replaced (some of the ID tags and the console that unlocks the containment field still refer to the armor as medic armor).

4504457 Given my experience with modelling it really wouldn't have been too hard, just time consuming.

I know nothing about modeling, but that was from the words of the developers.

Apparently it was to do with clipping and range of movement problems.

Ah, I found the quote:

"We tried to model the power armor as T-Ray did in the opening movie and game, but he could get away with clipping that would look really bad at close distances or certain angles. Simply put, building the Fallout power armor as it originally looked would have resulted in a suit with a tiny range of motion or a hilarious amount of clipping. We changed as much as we needed to allow for more flexibility in movement, but tried to stay very close to the original design whenever possible."

4505395 That's actually a quote in reference to Van Buren.

I don't think they said anything about in Bethesda's FO3.

It's actually in the players guide.

Apparently the T51b was completed a WEEK before the game went gold, and it apparently was just a personal project of one of the animators. It says he was proud that he had got it to look almost identical to the original models, but doesn't add any other justification as to why they didn't include it in the first place.

I'm still unsure what Griffon Power Armor looks like. We've had plenty of fan art depicting Steel/Applejack's Rangers armor and Enclave Armor, but not Talon Power Armor.

4518450 Because far as we've seen, it doesn't exist. We've never seen a Griffon wearing Power Armor, just Combat Armor. Power Armor seems to be an exclusively Pony thing in the FOE setting.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 30