TwiMac 468 members · 138 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12

What pairings do you think are the most boring?

I don't know that I think any of them are boring, not even the ones I dislike. I suppose FlutterMac would qualify as boring though. Mostly I just have a list of ships that make me want to scream whenever I see anyone has made a story with them.

2891351 eh I don't think any are really boring, the ships story could be boring but not really the ship in general. Though truthfully if you asked me do I think ___ + ____ was boring depending who it is I might say ehh maybe a little :trollestia:

Wanna spice up a ship? why not add somepony :ajsmug: ?
I mean how much more interesting would TwiMac story be if you also add in Cheerilee , who says the ponys have to be monogamous, equines are herd creatures :pinkiehappy:

I can't think of any pairing I would call "boring"

Like Ebonsydagger said, just pairings that make me want to scream when I see them (I'd say Twilight x Trixie and Twilight x Rainbow Dash)

Like Fyreside said, the story could easily be boring, but not necessarily the pairings.

FlutterMac - Not because it blocks TwiMac, so much as it is that it takes a pony of few words and pairs him with a shy, quiet type. It's one of those pairings I just never got.

RariSpike - Ignoring the immediate fault of age difference (He's an infant, she's an adult), this pairing I feel is often forced simply because Spike has a crush on her, therefore she must like him back, right? Wrong. This is one of those pairings I think exists only because one character in the show would like it to.

TwiSentry - Much like RariSpike, I feel this exists only because the EQG movie implied Twilight had a crush. Unlike RariSpike, this one bugs me because there's just nothing interesting about Flash Sentry. He's portrayed as a perfect male type character; nice, fights for his girl, respected, etc. He's entirely boring, and honestly I'd ship Twilight with anypony before I shipped her with Flash - crack ships and OCs included.

I'm sorry, I like my pairings to be monogamous, thank you very much. That herd mentality just makes it look like that the ponies really are the sex-addicted nymphos that the obsessed cloppers think they are.

Also, love is about commitment. If you can't commit yourself fully to one person, then what's the point?

Those three, definitely, as well as Carajack, Soarindash, and Pokeypie.

2894317 Generally I do too (ship monogamously) and you're right love is about commitment,
I would however make the argument that a herd wouldn't have to be about group orgy cloppy times but could also be love between all the characters in the herd. The herd would just be a natural result between the seemingly off balance gender ratios (though lately the number of seen males has increased so it could easily be disregarded :rainbowlaugh:)

I will say that my favorite ships would be : Twilight and Mac, Spike and Rarity, Pinkie Pie and Braeburn.
then from then on would be Rainbow Dash and Soarin, Caramel and Applejack, and the most recent I've come to enjoy Fluttershy and Bulk Biceps :rainbowlaugh:

2891351 FlutterMac and TwiShy are kind of bland, in my opinion. :applejackunsure:

2891351 2894746 I agree that FlutterMac is bland. Why would anyone want to take the quietest, mild characters and put them together? Evanescence' Blog Post says all that needs to be said about Flash Sentry. And for some reason "romance" and "Pinkie Pie" don't fit in my head very well together. Also, I don't really care for M/M-F/F stuff in general.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12