Crossovers 7,423 members · 11,031 stories
Comments ( 62 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 62

5728049 And most of them get blown up by just one guy.

5728073 lol in a fighter. But I was surprised that the falcon and pelican are so close in size.

5728049 This video is basically escalating levels of "Oh shit".

5728079 Eh, I'd blow 'em all up anyway in my Y-Wing.

I always thought the Enterprise-A was a little more bigger then that, same was the D variant. I hate that they do that in movies.

5728049 Halo basically told the rest of them, "Fuck ya'll. My shit is bigger."

What bothers me is the video didn't show the Eclipse-Class Super Star Destroyer from Star Wars and the CSO-Class Supercarrier from Halo.

They also forgot the UNSC's Cruisers like the Halcyons and Marathons and, if possible, the Unyielding Hierophant from Halo.

5728115 You aren't a character though, the plot demands you be the first to get shot.

I was hoping something from the 40K universe would take the "biggest" award.

5728049 No Satellite of Love from Mystery Science Theater 3000.

5728171 I didn't make it but based on what I remember of it I'm guessing it be smaller then the star destroyers.
5728150 the left out chaos planet killer witch if I remember is the biggest ship in battle fleet gothic.but it still no where near death star size I think it would match or beat the reaper.
5728145 true but it's not that big at only twice the size of the super star destroyer Executor I have star war vehicle guide book, also the infinity was the biggest ship in halo next to high charity and the forerunner dreadnot that powered it. So a Covent super carrier, and the ship from the halo wars are if anything equal to her or smaller then it.

5728196 Actually the Infinity I believe was only about 6km long.

The CSO-Class Supercarriers were about 28km long.

5728150 Are there any actual proportions for 40K battle barges and the like? IIRC, descriptions run rather to 'big. damn big. Almost as big as moons and small planets big.'

Close but infinity is just beats it beraly

5728148 This isn't a story; this is a game. And I win in the Y-Wing. Believe me, I do the shooting in my Y and anyone who flies against me is debris before they can even get a shot off.

5728227 .....Good luck going against a wall of TIE Fighters and Interceptors. They're gonna overwhelm you before you can even get their shield down.

5728223 See, this is the problem. You're comparing the CAS-Class Assault Carrier with the Infinity, not the CSO-Class Super Carrier.

They got the star destroyer wrong; its official size is 1600 meters. That's almost double the size show here.

5728260 I there are no size charts showing that I can find well it might be on this one good luck finding it though

Good luck going against a wall of TIE Fighters and Interceptors. They're gonna overwhelm you before you can even get their shield down.

:rainbowlaugh:

First, and most obviously, TIEs and TIE Interceptors don't have shields. Ever. Not in canon or in Legends unless modified, usually by Rebels who capture them. Second, I have gone up against walls of TIEs and their slightly enhanced counterparts. Those walls don't stand up to my lasers baring down on them. I actually fly through them just for the added challenge. Their lasers cause more damage to your shield than the actual fuselage crashing into you but they're a bit tougher to chase down. But it's fun zapping them with the ion cannons and letting them spin helplessly.

Okay, Im not really finding anything useful online that will help me answer your question. So I'm turning to my personal copy of the "Rogue Trader" Core Rulebook. (Basically it's D&D with a 40K skin.) Hears what it's saying.

Note:

Since this info is coming from Fantasy Flight, and Not Games Workshop, what I'm about to give you may or may not be cannon. I hope this helps answer at least some questions.

Transports

Jericho-class pilgrim vessel:

Dimensions: 2.25 km long, 0.3 km abeam approx.
Mass: 9 megatonnes approx.
Crew: 20000 approx.

Vagabond-class merchant trader:

Dimensions: 2km long, 0.4 km abeam approx.
Mass: 8 Megatonnes approx.
Crew: 18000 approx.

Raiders

Hazeroth-class privateer

Dimensions: 1.5 km long, 0.25 km abeam approx.
Mass: 5 megatonnes approx.
Crew: 22000 aprox

Havoc-class merchant raider

Dimensions: 1.6 km long, 0.4 km abeam approx.
Mass: 6 megatonnes approx.
Crew: 24000 approx.

Frigates
Sword-class frigate

Dimensions: 1.6 km long, 0.3 km abeam at fins approx.
Mass: 6 megatonnes approx.
Crew: 26000 approx.

Tempest-class strike frigate

Dimensions: 1.5 km long, 0.4 km abeam at fins approx.
Mass: 6.1 megattones approx.
Crew: 30500 approx.

Light Cruisers

Dauntless-class light cruiser

Dimensions: 4.5 km long, 0.5 km abeam at fins approx.
Mass: 20 megattones approx.
Crew: 65000 approx.

Cruisers

Lunar-class cruiser

Dimensions: 5 km long, 0.8 km abeam at fins approx.
Mass: 28 megatonnes approx.
Crew: 95000 approx

5728323 I was referring to the Star Destroyers.

Realistically, you vs Hundreds of TIEs, you're not going to even make it to the Clostest Star Destroyer.

5728296 The Super Carriers aren't in that picture.

For Assault Carriers, refer to the Shadow of Intent

For Super Carriers, refer to the Long Night of Solace and Twilight Trascendence.

5728388 lol yeah truth is I found all the stuff by accident trying to find out how big a ketch from Destiny is. Turns out its the relative size of a unsc frigate.

5728388 Again, I beg to differ. A ton of feathers are still feathers; quantity has never mattered when it came to fighting TIEs. Despite the strategy using them, there's actually not a single mention of an engagement where the Empire won because it simply had more TIE Fighter/Interceptors or any other variety. They're space kites. The amount of volume you'd need for them to be effective in combat exceeds the limit of how many can be deployed and effectively coordinated without them crashing into each other and wiping themselves out, which has happened.

I'm sorry my friend, but the TIE Fighter is not a starfighter- it is a very much structurally and physically a kite in space. And the more kites you send up, the easier it is to get the lines tangled when a light breeze comes along or when someone panics. And TIE pilots do panic a lot, as seen in Episode 4 when one of Darth Vader's elite wing mates crashed into him just because he saw Han Solo roaring down on him.

All I gotta say is-
DAMN the Ark is huge!

5728682 Gold squadron would beg you differ.

You've only been shown moments where ships they're up against have shields or plot armor.

You on the other hand being chased by hundreds of them at the same time?

Good luck with that.

Even the best pilots the Rebel Alliance will think it's a stupid idea.

5728695 Gold Squadron was pretty much killed because of anti-plot armor. Vader had plot lasers. So your second statement makes your first irrelevant. Now, to make your second statement irrelevant:

You've only been shown moments where ships they're up against have shields or plot armor.

Incorrect; there's a scene in Episode 6 where an A-Wing is vaporized by two Interceptors after which a Y-Wing zaps them both. Every instance where a TIE kills a rebel ship is from behind, the same is not true of Rebel craft.

Finally, no, pilots in the Rebel Alliance would think getting chased by a thousand or so TIEs of regular or Interceptor variety was about business as usual. The Millennium Falcon dodged an entire fleet at sublight speed through an asteroid field and again, in episode 6, there were about 15 times the amount of TIEs as rebel ships. And no, I don't prescribe to the now non-canon theory that somehow the Emperor's death caused the Imps to lose the battle. Their ships and pilots were inferior and the Rebels wanted the win bad enough.

5728750 But by yourself? At least the Rebel Alliance pilots always had wingmen to back them up.

You by yourself on the otherhand, I'll make sure to say nice things in your funeral.

5728758 The Falcon was alone, was a bigger target in an asteroid field. And then there's all the times Wedge flew against thousands of TIEs and triumphed by himself and he has never had plot armor even once, in pretty much every rebel ship except the K-Wing.

It'll be the funeral I arrange for all those TIEs that tried and failed to kill me while I enjoy cold drinks on a beach on Kothlis.

5728766 The Falcon had shields and plot armor.

Wedge always had a wingman to back him up and he was in an X-Wing.

You by yourself in a Y-Wing will not make it.

Especially against a Fleet of Star Destroyers.

5728839 Wedge didn't have a wingman many times and he flew more than just the X-Wing. I and my Y-Wing have made it against fleets of Star Destroyers, many of which had supporting vessels with them, no plot or story armor involved. The Y-Wing is just that tough.

5729042 You're not Wedge Antilles nor are you going to make it against hundreds of TIEs behind you plus a Fleet of Star Destroyers going against you.

One other thing Wedge had that you don't have is plot armor. The plot demands he lives. The plot doesn't know who you are therefore you're going to die because you by yourself, flew against Hundreds of TIEs and a Fleet of Star Destroyers.

5729117 Wedge Antilles did not have plot armor. That's always been his thing. Therefore, it is evidence to support my claim. The plot didn't recognize Wedge, as evidenced by his lack of plot armor, therefore the same could be said of anyone the plot did not recognize.

You are wrong, sir. I fly, they die, I win, good game, 10/10 IGN would play again.

5729137 Wedge actually does have the blessing of the plot but you do not.

But even Luke Skywalker and Wedge Antilles wouldn't go against an entire fleet of Star Destroyers and their TIEs by themselves.

I will bring flowers to your funeral

10/10 your IGN ratings are fake to make yourself look better.

5729155 Wedge never had the blessings of the plot. They have gone against fleets by themselves, both of them.

You'll die when the casket explodes and I'm alive and well lightyears away on the beach.

5729157 Fail, if he doesn't have the blessing of the plot, then he wouldn't be alive, but he does.

You on the otherhand, will be vaporized, just like every other pilot who thought they were hotshit only to get swarmed by hundreds of TIE Figters.

5729184 Wrong, it's been specifically said he survived without character shields or plot armor by George Lucas and Mark Hamill. You lose, sir.

I'll be fine, they'll be dead and I'll toast to their families.

5729186 Fail, when a character survives against all odds, then it is because the plot demands it meaning he had the blessing of the plot.

Nice try, but even the best pilots wouldn't do what you want to do in a Y-Wing.

I'll buy you the finest wood for your casket unless you want to be cremated.

5729233 Incorrect, Wedge is specifically listed as a background character who survived despite a total lack of character shields, aka plot armor. He just wasn't written out. You lose.

Again, I did fight a fleet of Star Destroyers off in a Y-Wing without wing mates. But of course, you're not going to ask how this is possible for any Rebel ship to do.

And again, I'll be fine. Save it for your own cremation.

5729248 Again, false. You don't have to be a main character to have plot armor. Wedge actually has a big influence in the Star Wars universe, not just the movies, but mostly the comics. To the point where he became a General and even commanded a captured Super Star Destroyer named the Lusankya.

Your dreams are nothing but dreams. Video games is nothing compared to the actual Star Wars universe where the Empire actually had Expert pilots and not Tunnel Visioned AI pilots who don't actually maneuver like competent pilots. You're not jedi nor is a single Y-Wing going to go far against a Fleet of Star Destroyers plus Hundreds of TIE Fighters.

5729303 And again, you are false. It was specifically stated in the films he didn't have plot armor or character shields. I'm aware of his role in the EU as well, most of which is not canon any more. Whether or not he had a character shield in those forms of media is disputed considering many sources toyed with the idea of killing him off.

We're debating dreams so the first part of your response is irrelevant. Video games are a lot compared to the actual universe and it's funny you call the pilots tunnel-visioned because in the case of actual TIE Fighters, they are ALL tunnel-visioned. The TIE is designed with a cockpit that faces only forward, so the pilot can literally only see one direction- forward, meaning they are all tunnel-visioned both in games, in movies and everything else. Unless they're Force-sensitive, which only goes so far.

And again, a Y-Wing could defeat a fleet of Star Destroyers and hundreds of TIE Fighters. Any man can beat a goliath, all he needs is the proper strategy. Respectfully, I think you may be exhibiting a bit of tunnel vision and narrow-mindedness if you can't see this simple possibility.

5729331 Again, you're in denial and you're also false. Like I said, a character who beats all odds and survives is specifically because the plot demands it therefore, the character has the blessing of the plot. If not, then Wedge would've been dead a long time ago.

Nice try, but a single Y-Wing will get shot down before you can even deplete 1% of a Star Destroyer's sheilds.

5729425 And again, no, it is you who are false. A character survived against all the odds simply because he wasn't written out. Despite the odds, the possibility that he survived existed, as proof by him doing so.

And again, I've beaten dozens of Star Destroyers with barely a scratch, after which my shields regenerate. Yes, odds were long but they can be beaten. You're in denial of the possibility.

5729430 He's a character, of course the writers would want him to live, that's what's called the plot armor.

But you're not a character. You by yourself on a Y-Wing will never survive against an entire fleet realistically and win.

5729555 There was no desire to kill him off or keep him alive. He simply wasn't written out, to which the writers have admitted and verified by the actors. Wedge Antilles did not have any form of character shield or plot armor throughout the entire movie, that is one of the defining traits of him as a character, which they denoted as an antithesis of a red shirt from Star Trek.

It's still possible, realistic or not. And I've proven it's easy using my strategy. I win.

5729706 Fail, do you even read the comics?

Another question, are you a Star Wars character?

5729943 Yes to the first, as to the second no, but that's something easily fixed. And again, it depends on the source. You're clearly narrow-minded in the absolute extreme on this subject. The failure to see possibilities is yours.

5729976 You're not a Star Wars character therefore you make no impact nor can you defeat an entire fleet by yourself.

5730015 Yes, I could. Tis possible, sir. We're in a group called crossovers where characters from other franchises and even possible self-inserts can appear in different franchises, therefore, it is possible that someone who isn't a Star Wars character could defeat an entire fleet of Star Destroyers without being a canon or even legends Star Wars character.

This is fantasy. Anything is possible. Any rules you come up with can be broken. I could write a story where I destroy a thousand Star Destroyers in a flying Chrysler Cordova and George Lucas or Disney could make it canon in an instant. Judging by the way he and Disney's executives are, it wouldn't surprise me if they did. It's possible. And that's all it's ever needed to be.

Not only that, you fail to see the very easily-explained canon reason how it's possible for one person in a Y-Wing to achieve such a feat. It's been done, sir. I've already won.

5730038 Are you a Y-Wing pilot? Are you better than Wedge and Luke?

Nice try

5730077 It derailed long ago

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 62