Myths meet Ponies 171 members · 152 stories
Comments ( 15 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15

Um, hi, I'm currently writing a fic about a human who must make a book of all the mythological creatures found in Equus.
I have a list of creatures, gods, deities, and mythological ideologies and some of them can be altered around pony society but the list is short, I was wondering if the wonderful people of this group had any suggestions that don't look too human. If you do then I would really appreciate it and if you want add your name to contributors and a shout out.

Hoop Snakes are fun.

The Mermecolion has the front half of a lion, bottom half of an ant.

Jackalopes (which are in the comic)

The Peluda or "La Value" is a sorta shaggy dragon or snake like creature (still has four legs)

Salamander (fiery lizard)

Roc, giant bird that picks up elephants and drops them to eat the remains

Senmuv: Dog headed bird with dog paws

Basilisks

Wyverns...

I have a few books just full of this stuff...

Let me know if you need more or details on anything. Most should show up on Google.

Don't forget the Windigo..... no not the one your thinking of. Its a beast of Indian myth, told of along the Pacific coast and Great Lakes area in Canada and the U.S. It is either a demon that possess men and makes them into cannibals, or a demon that takes the form of a man and eats men. Tonto accused Butch of being this in the recent version of "The Lone Ranger".

Oh, and Trolls.

Check out any DnD Monster Manual

I love the idea of a half lion half ant, I already have Wyverns, Basilisks, Rocs, Salamanders, and the jackalopes. Totally adding everything else though, writing the reactions will be awesome. Thank you very much for your contribution, would you like to be added to the future list?

Ha~ thats like a quarter of my list right there, it would be more but some of them didn't feel like they would fit in with the mlp universe.

I like it, both of them, I'll add it somewhere in the Griffin parts.

The offer I made to Justice4243 is open to anyone who contributed and wants their name on it.

2516557 Take what I said with a grain of salt. Everything I said, I found in the top part of a Wikipedia article.

Since it sounds like you need more exotic suggestions:

Cushna is a dog that breaths fire.

Dajoji is a large, flying, magical cougar.

Dingonek is a 15-foot-long creature with the head of an earless sabertooth tiger, body of an armadillo, and a crocodile's tail. Lives in rivers and lakes.

Eer-moonan is a pack animal with the body of a dog, long fangs, and the head of a porcupine (though they have the feet of a woman).

Filsar is a winged ape with an Elephant's head

Lemisch is a ferocious giant otter.

Strix (plural Striges) is a bloodsucking bird the size of a crow.

Kakuta is a fire breathing dragon with the body of a horse.

I can always dig up more.

Oh no worries on that part, I do extensive research on any of the monsters suggested, due to the fact that I make a Tome page with information and a picture of the creature, in the hopes of teaching someone something they didn't know.

... im going to need more ink... they will be considered, now i need to find that list i had of everything...

Mongolian Death-worm is already in, Champ (loch ness monster rip-off) hasnt been decided on, but i am interested in this Gurumapa creature. Thanks for the tip, man.

Kitsune, Thunderbirds, and Naga?(':rainbowkiss:');They where my favorite mythical creatures prior to becoming a brony and still are, just with the addition of Unicorns now.(':twilightsmile:');

Also Cyclops, the Hundred Handers, Okeanids, Nymphs, and the Mares of Diomedes. (The last one should be on equal ground as Pegasi due to being from the same myths.)(':pinkiesmile:');

2516436 Sasquatch (believe there is a chance Squatches are an i identified ape), Gorgons (what Medusa is), finally Mothman and the another American favorite of mine Thunder Birds.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 15