Friendship is Magic: the Gathering 250 members · 46 stories
Comments ( 15 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15

It was recently announced that a Magic the Gathering movie is being made.

This won't be the first time Magic has appeared on the big screen. It's had a few cameos as product placement. For example, a Magic the Gathering poster is hanging on Peter Parker's wall in the Spider-Man film (2002). A more recent example is Disney's The Sorcerer's Apprentice.

One of the wizards in the film, Drake Stone, has a sponsorship with Magic the Gathering, as you can see from this screen shot.

Stone also has the distinction of being featured on the first Dimir-alligned Planeswalker card. (Sorry Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas.)

So, what can we expect to see in the Magic the Gathering movie? Well, this is Hasbro we're talking about. The same people who made Equestria Girls. I think we know what to expect.

The Magic the Gathering movie will be set in Ravnica High School, home of the Fighting Froghemoths.

Niv-Mizzet is the Principal and Jace Beleren is the Vice Principal. The movie will break new ground as it delves into the seedy underbelly of highschool cliques.

If Liliana is the protag, I expect the plot to be her trying to outdo her big brother Sorin's magic act during a talent show a bajillion and a half years ago where he and his buddies made Cthulu disappear. We also see her grapple with the struggles of being a teenager. It should be fine.

2606422 Ravnica would work better for a CGI buddy cop movie. A loose cannon Boros paired with a by-the-book Azorius, maybe a Golgari as their underworld informant and some alliance of Rakdos and Orzov as the opponents.

Or an Avengers style superhero movie. Would be a good way to introduce some new planeswalkers.

And then she gets a loan from the Mafia, buys an RPG, and proceeds to hunt down the four dons to whom she owes money.

Hasbro is not making the movie Fox is

2607270 Hey, somebunny who doesn't understand sarcasm! Let's all point and laugh!

On her journey she gets bumbling sidekick named Gary, shorthand for Garruk, who eventually becomes her honey-bunny.

Ans, of course, the pair is into very elaborate roleplay when it comes to the bedroom.

Indeed, play Magic the Gathering all night in-character. A lot.

I was thinking more along the lines of a little cat and mouse.

2606422 should be interesting.

Even Team Cool Robots of Battlebots fame was getting sponsored by Hasbro.

They should've put Greven il-Vec's (I think) ugly mug on Overkill's wedge, too. Makes sense with the giant overcompensating blade.

I remember 13 year old me watching the show and seeing that new logo on Minion's wedge, wondering what it was. I vaguely recalled that Magic was the game by Wizards of The Coast, who were doing the Pokemon TCG at the time.

Little did the 13 year old me realize that Magic would be the game I would be sinking absolute fucktons of money into years later. Ever buy a Mana Crypt? It is fucking brutal. Still working to get a Juzaam Djinn.

Sorin's

Sorin, the vampire wonderbolt that loves pie.

Looks like someone cast Rescue from the Underworld on this thread.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 15