Aussie Bronies 448 members · 780 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9

So I'm a US CITIZEN who wants to learn about Australian History. Please PM if you're willing to teach me.

When America and India broke off from England, they needed a new place to dump their criminals, Oh I know, how about that place with the sun and the blacks, the one we have no actual claim too, perfect!

Depends on what you want to learn?

Okay, so England basically just came in and stole Australia from the Aboriginals (indigenous Australians), dumped their criminals here and committed mass racial genocide leading to the stolen generation and more bad stuff like that. Yeah. It's not all flowers and rainbows, and is actually quite similar with the African American situation you had going on.

'Mass racial genocide'

Someone needs to brush up on their history, methinks.

5582028 there wasn't any genocide. Sure, there was a lot of aboriginal people killed, but there wasn't genocide. Australia was settled by Captain Cook, not Hitler.

Uh... Australia was discovered (for England at least, ignoring the Dutch, Chinese, French... etc) by Captain Cook. The actual leader of the British settlement was Captain Arthur Phillip, who for the guy up above, carried a letter from the King which stated (among other things) that the natives were to be left alone if possible.

The whole 'Organised Aboriginal Genocide' thing is just over-exaggeration. You mix mostly-Irish convicts and primitive tribespeople together and you get violence.

5584389 i knew that there was another guy, but I couldn't remember which did which. I haven't even looked at the shit in five years so my memory on it is a bit fuzzy.

5584389 I wouldn't know about that, My family is from South Australia...

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9