Lyra & Bon-Bon 1,667 members · 536 stories
Comments ( 24 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 24

Holy shit, all the LyraBon fuel.

They're "best friends". It's canon. :trollestia:

inb4 spy fics

To quote Yu-gi-oh abridged, "Suuuuuuuuuuuuure they are"

"Idon'tbeliveyou" :raritywink:

I kept yelling for them to just make out already in so many scenes.

Also, Bon Bon being a scret agent explains why her voice nevr stayed the same.

also the "best friends" was hilarious the way they said it you could clearly see they weren't just "best friends":rainbowlaugh:
also
the "you've lied to me the entire time we've been together"
and the "the one thing i didn't lie about is how much i love youuuu"
was their plot and it a cliche in romance movie :heart::heart::heart:

It's was good to see them together. Plus since lots of LyraBon fics have them start out as friends so no one can really say any headcanons were destroyed.:raritywink:

Hey, they said anything's possible. And that could mean anything. o.o

4461436 It's probibly just because some people would complain to Hasbro about it if they actualy said they were marefriends

4461431 I loved the voices that Lyra and Bon Bon had, those voices worked great! :pinkiehappy: Also they had a dynamic not unlike what I always would have.

Grrr. I wish they'd made their romantic relationship officially cannon. I mean yes; there's all the hints and stuff, but that can be said in other episodes too(like 'Make new friends but keep Discord')
WAI U NO MAKE LYRABON CANNON, HASBRO?!
It's clear they wanted to. Maybe they were afraid it was too much pandering? Idk. I fangirled SO MUCH when Doctor Whooves said 'Alonze!'
My headcanon (since I still ship these two LIKE CRAZY and I think it's definitely implied as canon) is that one of them (or both - but I'm betting my money on Bon Bon, who's...y'know, more secretive) hasn't, like, come out yet. Which is why they only call one another friends - and also Bon Bon seems really cautious so when they were alone in the episode, I think she would've told Lyra to refer to her as a friend even when they were alone. Like, the only safe place is their own house(es)

4461482 I see I'm not the only one to notice that.

ScyStorm
Group Admin

THEY ARE FUCKING LIKE RABBITS RIGHT NOW

4462459 its annoy how people are not going "see, SEE `FRIENDS' not relationship "
im just like are you dense or just really homophobic the only people who don't like this ship are just homophobic

4463747 I really don't know what to do with people like myself. Here is something else to consider as well. The expression is "Don't date your friends." I counter that with "Who else am I supposed to date, I know her really well and I need to date someone I can trust." Well what I saw between Lyra and Bon Bon was definitely trust, which is needed for friendships, family relationships, and romantic relationships. Sadly a simple fact of life like same sex romances can't be shown that readily because of the homophobia that is present.

There is nothing more I can say really.

Grrr. I wish they'd made their romantic relationship officially cannon. I mean yes; there's all the hints and stuff, but that can be said in other episodes too(like 'Make new friends but keep Discord')
WAI U NO MAKE LYRABON CANNON, HASBRO?!

Coff... coff... show for little girls... coff... coff...

Not to say that, making Lyrabon canon, they would have made non canon all the other possibilities.
The real threat of an episode like this one is that, pandering a large part of the fandom making their headcanons "canon", you reduce the possibilities of other developements for the others.

Yeah...the way they talked? Lyra's dismay at all those lunches, talks and benches meant nothing? Being "Bestest friends"?

LyraBon is totally canon. This is about as much as the show could possibly show of them.

Also, damn. Bon Bon is freaking awesome. A secret agent who hunts monsters for an organisation?
Equestrian SCP Foundation Confirmed.

4463850 Cadence and Shining Armour being married never stopped anyone, and it certainly hasn't stopped me. ALL the cannon relationships can be broken in fanfics and headcanons.
Plus, HOMOSEXUALITY IS BAD AND THEREFORE SHOULD NOT BE SHOWN IN A SHOW FOR KIDS. I MEAN IT'S NOT LIKE ANY OF THEM WILL HAVE PARENTS OF THE SAME GENDER, OH NO. TOTALLY UNREASONABLE.:facehoof:
(I'm not shouting at you, btw. The caps are just to emphasise my immense sarcasm)

Cadence and Shining Armour being married never stopped anyone, and it certainly hasn't stopped me.

But them being married is canon. Any fiction in which they aren't in "present" time is AU.
That means that, showing one of them coupled with another pony, is not "one of many possibilities" that can be shown even in a fiction that can be dedicated to other subjects, but a thing that the writer will write only if he explicitly want to show an alternate reality regarding Cadence and/or Shining Armour's life.
So the canon has reduced the creativity of the writers over that matter. If Shining Armour had not been introduced in an episode dedicated to his marriage, probably other shippings than that with Cadence would have become a fandom's favourite.

Plus, HOMOSEXUALITY...

Is not that I approve the thing (I know you didn't mean that), but face that. No US TV show meant specifically for little kids is going to explicitly show omosexual couples. Hasbro had even been "brave" in giving some hint that the two could be more than "best friends". :raritywink:

4464496 I know, I know. But as for the canon thing...not everything different is AU. Over time, things develop and adapt and change due on the things that affect them. Sure, it's easier when it's AU, and some things just can't change, but the transition of things developing into new and different things is one of my favourite story structures. Not everything works out, not everything doesn't. You see what I'm getting at?

4465138 I understand, but to describe a situation that's evolved, and that's not AU, it means that you have first to accept the estabilished canon , and then to describe an evolution from it.
That's not like having a complete freedom. Again, the Canon can give ideas (it's cause the canon give ideas that we all are here), but it's also limiting. A fiction in which Celestia is not a Princess and run a pastry shop, or is AU, or that Celestia, had given up from being a ruler (the limitation, this thing must have happened, and probably the readers want to have some information about how it had) to become a shopkeeper.

4465687 yeah, canon limits us. That's what's annoying about it.

4464802 Right! Also I doubt that flank bump is something you would honestly see out of two mare who are only friends. That seems like more than friends to me.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 24