Lyra & Bon-Bon 1,667 members · 536 stories
Comments ( 24 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 24
ScyStorm
Group Admin

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2016/02/mlp-facebook-celebrating-love-with-some.html

"Best Friends" indeed. ;3 Happy Hearts & Hooves Day, pones.

Does this mean they're canonically married now?

They're getting as close as they possible can to saying they're a couple without actually making it official. As long as they say 'best friends' they have plausible deniability.

5049813 They might as well just come out and admit it. Putting LyraBon on a picture with two other married couples on a holiday celebrating romance is pretty much all the confirmation anyone's gonna need as to what they really are.

5049808 don't quite count that as a ship since there is no clear answer, just them being best friends which could mean many different things.

5049808 Wow they are still trying to force that idea huh? Well they are doing a very poor job of it given the context provided by the rest of that image.

ScyStorm
Group Admin

They went on a date in the background of one episode, and Episode 100 they were basically staring into each other's eyes while saying "BEST FRIEND." It was the biggest airquotes ever and wasn't subtle at all. They're too big of pussies to go without the subtlety in a kids show, but the shipping was there, because they knew we'd pick up on it. Hooray Larson.

ScyStorm
Group Admin

They're not trying to force anything. The "best friend" thing there is just as big of airquotes as it was in Episode 100. The two of them are on a Valentine picture with two married couples for fuck's sake. It's just another wink and nod toward us~

5049960 Well it goes back to what was said during the episode and it felt a little bit forced. The idea that they are merely friends can only ring hollow when presented that way after all.

ScyStorm
Group Admin

Nah, it's pretty much official. It was after Episode 100, and it's even MORE official now. They're just not gonna remove the subtlety because they don't want to piss off the soccer moms. Or something.

Episode 100 was pure fan-service. So was this facebook thing, really. Hasbro knows we ship it, so they toe a line by pandering without going all the way.

And I don't know, they seemed perfectly happy to censor Derpy for the soccer moms.

ScyStorm
Group Admin

I doubt that was for them. She was changed too quickly.

Even so, that's really overt fanservice for the token lesbian couple. I call it canon. Gimme the cuties.

Comment posted by Yalwin Khales deleted Feb 15th, 2016

Well, there's honestly not quite enough to call it canon yet. I doubt Hasbro will go quite far enough as long as it remains controversial to expose children to "gay propaganda."

It's a nice ship and all, but... bleh, politics, so not quite canon.

Yet.

ScyStorm
Group Admin

This is as canon as it's going to get and it's pretty canon. They've done multiple things to show us they're together without outright saying it. They're not going to outright say it.

LyBon~~~~~~~

Oh, right, EqG garbage. Forgot about that but there was a buzz around that scene though I forget what happens.

They're not going to outright say it.

Then it won't be canon. :scootangel:

Good enough though.

Does that mean the S.S Lybon is finally getting that cannon they've always wanted?

5050019 my theory is that the upers at Hasbro force the team to change Derpy. I mean thats the only reason to me that makes sense at why she was changed so quickly. I could be wrong :twilightoops:

*illuminati*
LyraBon got more of the heart than Crankilda.
Poor donkeys.

5049808 Haha, nice find. I think that Hasbro is trying to show people that love comes in all shapes and forms. They show a straight couple, a lesbian couple, and then... whatever kind of couple the donkeys represent.:twilightblush:

5049989 I'm fairly certain that Derpy's censoring was for other reasons unrelated to complaint emails and soccer moms. I read that it was because iTunes wanted it changed.

5052694 The donkeys are there to show us all that interracial relationships are outside of the equestrian norm. Hence Carrot's nervousness when explaining Pound and Pumpkin's genes. Also consider Rarity's romantic rejection of Spike and AJ's rejection of Trender Hoof. Even the fact that Cadence was a pegasus in the book series is never brought up in show canon, and, if we take it at face value, the LyraBon "ship" is canonically non-romantic.

Hasbro is full of progressive ideas.

5053623 Do you think I give a shit what you think?

5053872 I'm wounded! Oh, Abby! What ever happened between us?!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 24