Pokemon Club 535 members · 190 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

So, now that the Diancie event is over, I think it might be a good idea to take a look at the other two members of this trio.

First up, Hoopa.

I've gotta say, I'm not too thrilled. Sure, the design looks kind of cool. Sure, its Hyperspace Hole is basically a one-turn Phantom Force. But being a Psychic and Ghost type? That's a quadruple weakness to Ghost and Dark attacks! And giving it the Magician ability only makes things worse, since if it ever picks up an opponent's held item with that ability, it's begging for an opponent to OHKO it with Knock Off, which would do eight times the regular amount of damage under those circumstances.

Still, it seems it might have another form. It's possible that this new form will be better, but I'm not getting my hopes up. I might still get it, but I don't expect to use it much.

Next up, Volcanion.

Now that's more like it! Fire and Water is a genius typing for this guy, since it removes one weakness from each of those types! And giving it Water Absorb means any Water-type moves will only heal it, barring Mold Breaker being involved. So I plan on getting this and making extensive use of its Steam Cannon!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1