Pokemon Club 535 members · 190 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3

Okay, Hoopa was initially something I was disappointed by. Psychic and Ghost, combined with Magician, makes it easy prey for Knock Off to take it out due to doing eight times the damage.

However, it seems it might not be beyond salvation, as long as it's in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

Meet Hoopa Unbound. A Psychic and Dark type, with an Attack that's boosted to base 180 and a new move called Hyperspace Fury replacing its Hyperspace Hole. Basically, it summons a bunch of portals around the enemy, and those six arms fly through those portals and unleash a barrage of punches. It has all the same effects as Hyperspace Hole, but it also lowers the user's Defense.

However, it is not without its flaws. While its new typing removes that crippling weakness to Ghost and Dark type attacks, it still suffers from a complete lack of resistances to any type of attack, a weakness to Fairy-type moves, and a double weakness to Bug-type moves, although it does gain an immunity to Psychic. Add in a pathetic base 80 Speed, and it still needs some support even in its Unbound form.

Still, I am suitably impressed by it.

I can see Volcarona and Genesect being his main threat already.

His design is rather odd too (for a Pokémon)

Still, I am interested in seeing his potential as a fighter, specially with that defense decreasing attack.

4056903 And fellow Legendary Pokemon Xerneas and Diancie would also be contenders.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3