Pokemon Club 535 members · 190 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9

I would be fought pretty late in whatever game; most likely either seventh or eight gym. The Poison type is my one and only specialty.

My gym would be based around falling platforms and quick thinking, much like my Mario Maker levels. It would have a desert theme as poisonous animals more than usually come from the desert (also I love desert levels). My personality would be pretty much how I am now; arrogant, slightly annoying and a little harsh sometimes, but kind and respectful of people's boundaries. Also cracks a few jokes every now and then.

Then, my battle!

You are challenged by Leader Kamek!

Toxicroak

Level: 52
Type: Poison/Fighting
Ability: Dry Skin
Moves: Rain Dance, Brick Break, Poison Jab, Sucker Punch
Item: Damp Rock

Nidoking

Level: 53
Type: Poison/Ground
Ability: Poison Point
Moves: Ice Beam, Rain Dance, Thunder, Poison Jab
Item: None

Roserade

Type: Grass/Poison
Ability: Poison Point
Moves: Toxic Spikes, Shadow Ball, Toxic, Venoshock
Item: Black Sludge

Drapion

Type: Poison/Dark
Ability: Sniper
Moves: Night Slash, Cross Poison, Ice Fang, Hone Claws
Items: Scope Lens

Crobat

Level: 55
Type: Poison/Flying
Ability: Inner Focus
Moves: Steel Wing, Dark Pulse, Poison Fang, Fly
Items: Crobatite

Mega Crobat

Level: 55
Type: Poison/Flying
Ability: Moxie
Moves: Steel Wing, Dark Pulse, Poison Fang, Fly
Items: Crobatite

After the battle, you would be rewarded with the Venom Badge, as well as TM06 (Toxic).

Now, I have a challenge for you! Everyone in the comments below tell me what your Gym Leader team would be! You are only allowed 3-5 Pokemon, but everything else is completely your choice. What moves would your Pokemon have? What would their level be (please try to keep it 55 or lower)? What type would you specialize in? And does one of them Mega Evolve?

Please! I want to hear what you guys can come up with! :twilightsmile:

Crobat has a mega evolution?:applejackconfused:
But I actually had an idea for a Dark type gym which held Honchcrow, Absol, Weavile, and Tyrannitar. Honchcrow would be the ace because Dark is mainly weak to fighting, Tyrannitar would be a powerful contender but Absol and Weavile wouldn't be slouches either for a Dark type gym.

Well... no. :twilightsheepish: This Mega Crobat is just a fake one I found online. Albeit a very badass-looking fake one, but a fake one nonetheless.

Nice Pokemon lineup, BTW!

5155710 Alright then just making sure.
Thanks man, I was worried that the Dark type pokemon had a lot of trouble given there naturally flimsy in the defense department but might as well have three fast ones and one beefy bastard

5155244 For me, I'd probably be a Psychic Type Gym Leader, cause Psychic is one of my favorites. Cause, there aren't many Psychic Type Gym Leaders now are there? Lol. I'd probably be the middle Gym Leader to fight. Around 5th to 6th.

Anyway, my Gym would be a unique type of Gym. You would have to find your way through a Teleportation Maze (and yes, I know that's done a lot, but there's a catch), however, picking the wrong one will either inflict your Pokémon with a status effect, have you battle a trainer, or faint a random Pokémon automatically. Once you find the right room, only then can you heal your Pokémon, etc etc. In order to guess the right one, there will be a pattern of sorts. Memorization. At least four colors will appear and flash, while you have to memorize the order they're in. If you fail, look above for the consequences! It'll really test your mind.

As for what kind of personality I'd have, I'd probably be seen reading a book. I would then see you (the Trainer's) arrival, and greet you with polite manners and an overall nice social attitude. I'd also be semi-serious too, and when in battle, be the epitome of levelheaded. I may even throw in a bit of casual remarks that may get the trainer flustered/frustrated to give off my Gym's appeal of playing with the mind. Also, I'd heal your Pokémon if most of them have fainted as a bonus.

Finally, the battle!

You Are Challenged By Leader Nopony!

My Team:

#1 Name: Espeon

Lvl: 50

Type: Psychic

Ability: Synchronize

Moves: Sunny Day, Morning Sun, Attract, Psybeam

Item: Leftovers

#2 Name: Hypno

Lvl: 52

Ability: Forewarn

Moves: Psyshock, Hypnosis, Dream Eater, Disable

Item: Lum Berry

#3 Name: Xatu

Lvl: 54

Ability: Early Bird

Moves: Trick Room, Confuse Ray, Rest, Night Shade

Item: Quick Claw

#4 Name: Gallade & Mega Gallade

Lvl: 55

Type: Psychic-Fighting

Ability: Justified

Moves: Close Combat, Calm Mind, Psycho Cut, Stone Edge

Item: Galladite

When I lose, I'd smile and give out a congratulations to my opponent, giving them the Memory Badge and TM29 Psychic.

What are your thoughts?

I like them! It's a good, rounded team that could prove a challenge for some people! Xatu and Hypno are just evil though. :rainbowlaugh: All-in-all, good team!

Oh, and your YouTube video is broken. There's a period in the middle of the word "youtube". And if you want to go to the bigger blog, try this:

https://www.fimfiction.net/group/1074/pokmon-fics/thread/246116/if-i-was-a-gym-leader

5156301 Thanks. I fixed that. Should I just copy and paste this on the bigger thread then??? Your compliments are also much appreciated! :twilightsmile:

Yeah, people would see it more if it's on that post instead of this one.

5156310 Gotcha! I'll do that then!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9