Pokemon Club 535 members · 190 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

Okay, the new mechanic of the games, Z-Moves, looks like, while it has a similar mechanic to Mega Evolution, might actually be flat-out replacing the whole Mega Evolution mechanic from Generation 6.

I honestly don't like this. Don't get me wrong, the Z-Moves look awesome...but if you only get to activate them once per battle, they're arguably a temporary solution to a permanent problem. I much prefer Mega Evolution, which at least lasts either until the battle is over or the Pokemon faints.

So, does anyone know whether or not Sun and Moon will also feature Mega Evolution? Because Z-Moves, IMO, feel like they might not be as useful, due to having the same once-per-battle limitation that Mega Evolution has, while only lasting for a single turn.

It seems like there's something else (I think it's Tiki Evolution) that will be replacing Mega Evolution, but I do hope Mega Evolution comes back in the post game.

5428372 it would be STUPID of them to forget about whole Mega evolution... and pokemon has never replaced ANY of battle mechanics- they did not removed ablilities, nor did they removed physical/special split. Why should Mega evolution be the same? Only things that were not carried over between generation is mechanics that are not all that important to the battling like walking pokemon in HGSS or customisation in ORAS ( which is thankfully coming back). I really don't get why people say mega evolution is dead in sun and moon... it is just that it is taking a back seat in terms of promotion and advertisement since mega evolution is NOT the main focus of this gen unlike Gen 6.

5428375 what the hell is tiki evolution? I've never even heard of that

5428375 the hell? You mean Tapu Koko?

what dose it got to do with anything? How is it replacing Megas?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5