Twilestia is Bestia 3,272 members · 956 stories
Comments ( 3225 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3,225
Fuzzyfurvert
Group Admin

I totally copypasta'd all of this from the Twiluna Prompt Tag Collab thread. Original post by Drizzle Quill.
EDIT: I have been notified that this copypasta comes originally originally from the AppleDash Prompt thread.

What the title says. Here are the rules:

Someone starts off by posting a 100-500 word mini-fic about Celestia and Twi. At the end will be a one word prompt. If you would like to write a 100-500 word TwiLestia mini-fic relating to that prompt within the next four hours, comment right away to claim that prompt. Post the story when you finish, and add a one word prompt at the end for the next people to claim.

Simple enough?

Just to make sure everything is clear:

* The mini-fic can be in any style, any tag, AU, humanized, whatever. It can be a cute scene, a snippet of conversation, or an excerpt from an Equestrian history book. It's not expected to be preread or proofread, and if you've never written before that's just fine. Just try to keep it rated teen or lower and make sure it's 100-500 words of fiction about Celestia and Twi and it relates somehow to the prompt you claimed.

* Claim prompts with a quick post responding to the last post. Just the word "claimed" is fine. When you finish, make a post with the mini-fic and the next prompt.

* Your claim is valid for twenty-four hours, to keep someone from accidentally holding things up all day. After four hours, another person could post a claim for the same prompt. If you ran out of time, and no one else has claimed it, and you still want to write it, just go ahead and reclaim it.

* In the event that people become confused, and two fics are posted for the same prompt, the first one posted contains the official next prompt.

* Please include a one word prompt at the end of your fic. There are lots of words, and they can mean lots of things, and it's up to the next writer what they want to do with it.

If you'd like to play, I'll make the first prompt. After we have about ten(or so) prompts completed then I (FuzzyFurvert) will put it into a story and we'll just update that as we play on this forum.

Here's the first prompt, whoever is up for it.
Prompt: Duty

This seems like it could be really fun... Although I'm not sure I'd have the time to be able to dutifully participate...

You know what, fuck it. I'll give it a shot. Just two questions: Do we post the stories here, or via a third party like Gdocs. and; What is the maximum level of swearing? (I'm in the army, so what I consider to be PG vastly differs from what everyone else does)

Claimed.

Fuzzyfurvert
Group Admin

1) You post the story here in this thread. You can put the mini-fic between some quote tags if you want to separate it better from comments in the same post:

Like this!

2) And I would keep the swearing to a relatively low-ish level? A few

Damn!, shit! or fuck!

might be appropriate, but neither :twilightoops: nor :trollestia: seem to be big on cursing. Much.

No idea if this is PG or not, but meh.

Duty:

Crimson Progress stood outside Celestia’s royal chambers, golden armour agleam from the sunlight shining through the glass ceilinged corridor. His Princess had ordered no one to disturb her and her student as they did whatever they had decided they were going to do in there.

“What do you think they’re talking about?” Golden Sword asked. The unicorn was stationed with Crimson in attempt to end the segregation of the unicorn and pegasus ranks.

“I don’t know, Sir.” Crimson responded. “Not our place to ask questions.”

“Oh but it is, Corporal.” The Lieutenant said, a smirk gracing his lips. “We have to know what the Princess is doing at all times!”

Crimson just rolled his eyes, before resuming his stony facade.

Golden sighed at Corporal, knowing he was still new to the Equestrian Army. “You gotta loosen up soon, man. Seriously. Besides, I guarantee they're doing all kinds of naughty things in there.”

Crimson’s eyes went wide at the insinuation. “Sir, what the buck are you saying!” he exploded, “That’s the Princess and her prized pupil you’re talking about!”

“And it’s our duty to keep tabs on them!” the unicorn responded instantly.

“No, Sir!” It’s our duty to protect them unquestioningly!”

The guards were so lost in their bickering about the definition of ‘Duty’ that they never noticed the doors to the Royal Chambers opening, and a rather regal figure walking out, with a flustered Archmage right on her heels.

“Come on,” Golden said, confidant in the silencing spell on the room he was protecting. “Tell me you haven’t thought about the Princess’ flanks!

The clearing of a purple throat caused both guards to spin on the spot to face a blushing monarch and an enraged magician. “Those flanks belong to me.” the purple unicorn said menacingly.

It was Crimson’s duty to faint on the spot.

Next prompt: Excercise

Knight of Cerebus
Group Admin

Luna placed a pillow over her ears, grumbling. The sounds of groaning and the smack of wet lips against one another echoed from the room above. "We will have words with Dearest Tia about the relocation of our study to the Lunar Pavilion." She sighed as she heard a particularly loud "mmph! Yes, there!" Luna attempted to flip through the book on low-light plants she was reading. Every stalk seemed to bend in a tempting way, each set of acorns nestled together reminding her of her sister and her student in a sensuous embrace. She shuddered and tried to press on. "Mnnnnaaaaaaaaah--"

"Faust alive! Is there no shame in Canterlot Palace?!" Luna's bellow echoed throughout the room.

"Shh." Luna blinked. She peaked out from under her pile of sound-suppressing pillows to find a pair of alicorns reading a rather large book in the corner of the room.

"Hiding from paparazzi" Twilight said as the audio-spell reached the end of its loop. "MnnnnaMnnnaaaMnnnaaaaMnnnnaaa" She gave it a short, sharp zap, and returned to leaning on the crux of Celestia's neck with a dopey grin.

"Do you think we should tell her that as part of the test process we set her alarm to make that noise?" Celestia inquired.

Luna was quite proud that there was enough force behind her pillow's launch that it was able to knock Celestia face first into the book.

Prompt: Lost

EDIT: Zut, I was too late. Also missed the original prompt :facehoof: I'll see what I can do with exercise. Maybe we can work this one in anyway? I'm rather pleased with it.

Fuzzyfurvert
Group Admin

We can work it in. Looks good to me! Oh, and note that the prompt you leave for the next author should be a single word prompt.

hehe. Good one!

Knight of Cerebus
Group Admin

1781344 And this is the reason why my marks are half as high as people expect them to be:facehoof::twilightblush:

1781356 any chance you could ping me whenever a new story shows up? I guarantee I'll forget about this if you don't. lol.

Knight of Cerebus
Group Admin

1781379 will do. *salutes*

[Lost\]
Before she woke the last thing Celestia remembered was a book smacking into her face. Now she wakes in a world not her own, in a body unknown to her that of a race only know about in legend. Around her she sees glass spires reach into the sky and numerous numbers of automobiles. For the first time in her life Celestia feels lost.
Then she sees a flash of purple hair, she knows instantly that it is Twilight.
“Twilight,” she calls out. “Twilight!”
Worry creeps into her mind as she tries to catch up to her student. In a large crowd she loses sight of Twilight, and soon Celestia falls her to knees with tears falling.

Prompt: Found

1781399 Herp.. I meant to send that to the OP... Fail. Thanks anyway, though.

1781344 from me, earlier: "any chance you could ping me whenever a new story shows up? I guarantee I'll forget about this if you don't. lol."

1781423 Ahh fuck it, I've got time to kill.

Claimed.

1781423>>1781344

Found

Celestia glanced around her study, throwing books this way and that, no regard for where they landed. Her mane had lost its luminescence, and her eyes were bloodshot from the tears currently streaming down her face.

She searched high and low, under her desk, above the fireplace, even behind the massive bookshelves that lined the walls. Inside the drawers of her armoire, and even the balcony.

She was losing her mind. She had looked elsewhere for but a second, but when she had returned her gaze to the subject of her search, the spot was empty. She would never forgive herself if someone had snuck into her study for the explicit purpose of harming her or her pupil.

She was desperate. It was getting late and she had destroyed her reading area as thoroughly as was possible. More tears streaked down the immortals cheeks as she realised the hopelessness of her search.

As she lay her head on her desk in acceptance of her failure, she noticed something out of the corner of her eye: her yarn basket. There was a diminutive horn poking through a grey ball of yarn, and the pile itself was raising and falling in a steady rhythm.

A tired smile wormed it’s way onto Celestia’s muzzle as she pulled the sleeping filly out of the yarn basket, and trotted out of the room.

She had finally found Twilight.

Prompt: Horror

Claiming Horror

Will do it when I return from school.

Fuzzyfurvert
Group Admin

What do you guys think would be a good title for the collab once we have enough entries to start up the actual story post?

Horror

Luna hummed a jaunty tune as she strode through the castle corridors. She'd heard by way of guard's gossip that her dear friend, the unicorn Twilight Sparkle, was visiting Canterlot for the weekend, and Luna was fortunate enough to have finished her duties for the day. Celestia had told her that she was going to be "busy" with her, but Luna was sure she was just being selfish. Twilight was her friend too, after all.

Luna danced up the tower staircase to her sister's chambers as she thought about all the things she could do now. A walk in the park? A stroll through the gardens? A trot through the fields? Who knows! The world was her oyster, after all.

An errant thought made itself known, and Luna grinned; if she was not mistaken, Twilight Sparkle was a renowned astronomer.

Oh, this will be so much fun! Luna thought, as she approached Celestia's room.

"Oh, Tia..."

"Oh, my Twilight..."

Luna froze, her hoof floating uncertainly before the door. A lance of ice shot down her spine. Slowly, she turned her head to the side and listened with rather ashamed intensity.

"Mmm, you've been practising, haven't you...

Luna forced herself to swallow. She was painfully aware that her jaw was hanging loosely somewhere near her hooves, but she was a tad too distracted to fix it. This isn't happening this is all just a dream oh no oh no-

"Ehehe, thank you, my queen...

"MY QUEEN?!" Luna shoved a hoof in her mouth. The silence was almost threatening in its absoluteness as she peeled inched backwards down towards the stairs.

Luna tried to desperately not to think of what was happening behind those evil, evil doors. I think I'll just go talk to Blueblood some more. It will be far less soul-destroying than this...

"Did you hear something, Princess?"

Celestia peeled her eyes away from the door to look at her student, who was looking at her worriedly. She smiled reassuringly, and drew some relief from watching the frown pull itself back into a smile.

"Nothing to be concerned about, my dear Twilight. And, please, call me Tia." She looked down at the board and pondered, pretending not to notice Twilight's blooming blush.

"Bishop to E4. Checkmate."

Twilight snapped out of her daydreaming and stared at the board. "Oh darn it. I lost again!"

Celestia watched Twilight's beautiful smile fall once again. Her Faithful Student was sad.

That, she could not abide.

"Twilight."

"Yes, Prin-"

Celestia kissed her gently on the lips. She pulled away after a moment.

"Please. Call me Tia."

A/N:Somehow ended up being predominantly Luna. I wonder why...
Prompt: Sunset

1785077 Oh, I got a good one for this.

Claimed.

Gonna eat supper first.

Comment posted by Celestias Paladin deleted Sep 19th, 2013
Knight of Cerebus
Group Admin

1785066 The Sun Never Sets? :rainbowhuh:

1785077>>1785066

Sunset

Celestia waited. Her sun was low on the horizon, waiting for the final push. Her strength ebbed.

She lay her head on her hooves, feeling the cold grass beneath her soft fur. The shadow of a willow tree was fading long into the distance as the sun set further. The tree held an ancient stone in it’s gnarled roots; a stone whose carvings had long since faded.

Celestia still remembered what the stone said. She had carved it, after all. “Here lay Twilight, The best that ponydom had to offer. Sister, Lover, Friend.”

She could feel the weight of the stone on her conscious still. Millenia had passed, yet she still felt the weight.

She lay there, contemplating their lives together. As the sun finally fell from the sky, Celestia closed her eyes, for the last time.

Prompt: Rejection.

Admittedly, I probably could have done more on this, but I kind of rushed it... Oh well.

1785066 Question, when this is all said and done, can I release all of the of the ones I write under a different name? I'll link the page and everything, lol.

Fuzzyfurvert
Group Admin

That could work.

Well, usually, after the collab has enough entries, it gets posted in story format with each short fic as a chapter unto itself. If you want to post your entries as their own thing on your own, that's fine. For an example of the formatting, check here -> Twiluna Collab.

1787031 Yah, I figured. I just like being able to publish my own shit under my own name, you know? I'm fine with it being in the colab and all, but you know...

Knight of Cerebus
Group Admin

1786956 Soft, downy feathers danced across bars of ivory, the odd strength of pegasus wings letting each press down on the keyboard like a heavy footfall. "And when she was lonely, I was there to dry her tears. And when she was happy so was I. When--" Equestria's mighty princess, herald of a Golden Age, was stopped mid song by the sound of a knock on the door.

A nervous filly blushed, looking in at her mentor with shining eyes. "Am I interrupting, P-Princess? It was really pretty, and I didn't want you to stop, but you said we would practice levitation today. I-I can come back later, if--"

"Of course I have time, my faithful student." The Princess laid an affection hoof upon her student's head, the touch slowly dissolving the fears of the nervous, bubbly young foal. In truth a "practice session" was oftentimes a chance for the precious youth to bury her muzzle in a book, turning to her shining light for help when the concepts grew too difficult. Leaving the quardrarch alone with her thoughts.

Where did I go wrong?

A bright green plume of smoke appeared at her side, and her heart lept into her chest. The light that had rekindled in her eyes slowly, slowly dimmed as they ran down the length of the page. "...Still no signs...if she wanted to be found we'd have found her already...I'm sorry...Twi, she's...I think it's time to move on...Some leads from her sister..nothing looks hopeful...All of us are concerned...love...Spike" The Princess sighed and hung her head, the filly at her side too engrossed to see the watery shine in her haunted gaze. The Princess watched the sunset, knowing that her better half was far away and no closer to missing her than the first decade they had been apart. The filly turned her head to listen to the sound of singing.

"When she...loved...me."

Next prompt is: Birth

1787408 Yup. However, I'm staying well away from that prompt... Unless no one claims it by tomorrow...

Fuzzyfurvert
Group Admin

Claiming Birth.

I would suggest Celestial Mechanics, but that's already a fic.

Glorious Morning? Stars in the Summertime? Heavenly Dawn?

Anything to do with stars, the sun, and heaven should do it really.

Fuzzyfurvert
Group Admin

1787408, 1790476, 1788250

Prompt: Birth

“Princess, conditions are deteriorating rapidly.” Twilight Sparkle spoke calmly enough, even though her hair was mussed and her lab coat hung off one shoulder. Her mad rush up to Celestia’s personal chambers had announced her arrival a moment earlier better than any trumpeting fanfare.

Celestia formed her lips into a mildly concerned frown as she watched Twilight straighten her askew glasses. The young archmage paused to gather her thoughts at the door before stepping into that sacred realm. She looked Celestia up and down as she approached, taking in all the tiny details of her posture and carefully constructed image.

“There has been an increase in the flare-up rate. They’re lasting longer and arching higher through the coronal layer than we’ve ever recorded before.” Twilight sighed tiredly.

Celestia gestured for Twilight to approach her closer. Twilight had permanent permission to do so, but even now she needed a gentle nudge. The girl worshipped the very ground her princess stood on, would do anything Celestia told her to do, even things she never ordered, but Twilight simply assumed Celestia would want attended. The weariness Twilight wore at the moment around her eyes was enough to catch Celestia’s breath.

She’d been too aloof.

Celestia cursed herself silently. She knew full well the extent that Twilight Sparkle would chase an idea or worry, especially if it had to do with her personal paragon. She patted a plush pillow next to her own seat and smiled politely as Twilight’s face shed its fatigue and split into a grin. Far from the first time, it reminded Celestia of the dawn. Her student took the offered seat and after a moment leaned ever so lightly against Celestia’s side, a pleasantly warm spot on her arm.

“I know you said it was nothing, that everything would be alright in time. But… I’m just worried. About the solar activity we’ve seen. About Equestria.” Twilight lowered her voice to subvocalize. “About you.”

Celestia heard her of course. She could hear Twilight’s blood flow through her veins if she focused on it. She made no move to signify any of this, of course. She remained silent and silently supportive. It had been her experience that her subjects were more honest and free with their thoughts and actions if she didn’t make herself a part of the conversation.

“I’m frightened. I don’t want anything bad to happen to anyone. And I’m powerless to make the changes needed to save everything.” Twilight sighed again. “You can though. I trust you completely, Princess. If you say it will be ok, then I’ll believe you.”

Celestia looked down into those large amethyst eyes, holding Twilight’s gaze for perhaps two seconds longer than she really needed to. She just liked losing herself in them sometimes. Celestia nodded solemnly and turned back to her stargazing. In the morning everything would be ok.

There were always fireworks on her birthday.

Word Count: 483
Next Prompt: Decadence

Knight of Cerebus
Group Admin

Word Count: 483

Fuzzyfurvert
Group Admin

The responses have built up, so it's going to story format! As soon as it gets approved, I'll start submitting it to groups.

1792373>>1792442>>1785077

Decadence

Celestia looked to the myriad of treats arranged before her. She saw cakes, and strudels, and cupcakes galore. Oh how she wanted nothing more than to eat all of the sugary treats.

She imagined herself holding the sweets to her breast, smothering them into her fur. The sugary mess covering everything in reach. She was swimming in a river of chocolate, she was drowning in icing sugar.

She trotted through the land of her imagination on roads made of s’mores, with trees made of candy. The mountains in the distance were giant heaps of ice-cream, and the houses were all gingerbread. She could feel her suns warmth spreading through her as she imagined it was composed of nothing but jello.

The unthinkable happened shortly after. A moon made of blue cheese slowly sailed into the sky, eclipsing her jello sun. The candy trees were changing into giant asparagus, and the houses became whole-grain bread. The mountains were solidifying into bulbous carrots.

Two dark cat like eyes glanced at her as she walked through the asparagus forest. She reeled, feeling her hind limbs being taken from under her. She tried to fight back, but the path had turned to tomato paste, and made movement all but impossible. She screamed as the dark entity moved in for the kill.

------

Celestia was startled out of her waking nightmare to the sight of the confectionary table in front of her. She turned away from the sweets, and saw nothing but the black coat of nightmare moon. She screamed in panic as the abomination laughed in her face.

-----

Celestia awoke with a cold sweat in her bed. Next to her, was twilight, who had wanted so badly to have a sleepover. With an awkward realisation, Celestia realised that the sweets had taken the place of twilight in her dreams. She feared what may lead in store due to her indulgence in letting the filly into her bedchamber.

Prompt: Slavery

Claimed: Slavery

I sense chains coming up!
:twilightoops:
Appropriate response.

1792442>>1790476>>1793538>>1793367

Dear Princess Celestia

Belov

Dear Mom!

While I am more than happy that you and Twilight have finally ended your beating around the bush and confessed your love to one another (thank you for paying the therapist, by the way. Dr. Alt is very nice and helps me a great deal coping with the fact that my foster mother and my foster sister are dating), I do have one big complaint.
It is not the fact that Twilight suddenly has four times the royal duties (you feeling lonely) and suddenly leaves for Canterlot.
It is not the fact that you visit Ponyville almost every month on “royal visitation” (you two snuggling and doing… other things for a whole weekend). So much in fact, that even Mayor Mare gets tired of you (you don’t know that from me!).
It is not even the fact that I had to move my basket into the basement on several occasions when you teleported in over night (By the way: I made friends with a huge spider named Marf).
It is the fact that I have to CLEAN UP EVERYTHING AFTERWARDS!
While my beloved job as Twilight’s personal assistant does include taking care of the library, I don’t think that it includes washing bed sheets that smell like a vanilla-lavender potpourri in a stable full of mares in heat!
This can’t be good for my emotional growth!
So unless you want to pay Dr. Alt for the rest of either mine or your lifespan, tell Twilight to wash her own laundry!
I did not free the Crystal Empire’s citizen from Sombra’s slavery, just so I can be the slave instead!

Your loving and mentally scarred foster son
Spike
Dragon

Celestia moved the letter away, her cheeks crimson with embarrassment. Well… and a hint arousal, since her beloved Twilight was sprawled on her back and reading the letter by pressing her cheek against her neck. And nibbling her wing from time to time.
“He does have a point…” said the monarch sheepishly.
“So… what should we do?” the unicorn asked, her cheeks burning as well.
“Very simple, Twilight!” answered Celestia “Whenever you have dirty laundry, you bring them to the royal washrooms to be cleaned.” A dirty smile crept onto her features “And then you pay me a visit in my room…”
And everybody was happy!

Prompt: Holiday

[Prompt: Holidays]
The Sable Islands are not exactly the most ideal vacation spot in the world. They are far from the mainland and the only permanent residents are the native tropical griffins and the caretakers of the Royal Navy’s coaling station. But for Princess Celestia and her student turn lover Twilight Sparkle it was certainly the best place in the world for them to relax without anypony barging in on them, and as Luna said with a sly smile to have their honeymoon.
Both Alicorns blushed at the statement before remembering that they are actually married even though they had a simple civil ceremony instead of a big lavish wedding like Cadence and Shining Armor.
“We’ve certainly earned this haven’t we Tia,” Twilight asks as the two snuggled together watching the Sun set over the tropical sea.
“Oh yes we have, the past three years have been stressful for both of us but now that doesn’t matter.”
The Sun finally dipped below the horizon as Twilight got up from her spot. Celestia instantly felt cooler as Twilight’s body heat left her side.
The younger pony gives the Princess of the Sun a seductive smile, “oh just heading to bed.”
She enters their bedroom and closes the door behind her. Twilight counts to down from ten, and wasn’t surprised to have Celestia pounce on her and starting to kiss.
Both had the same thought, this is truly their best holiday.
[Prompt: Foals]

Also I know that I am not the best writer in the world is who ever is running the show wants clean up the grammar and whatnot you may do so.

Remember the emphasis on the plural

Knight of Cerebus
Group Admin

The Sable Islands were not exactly the most ideal vacation spot in the world. They were far from the mainland, and the only permanent residents were the native tropical griffins and the caretakers of the Royal Navy’s coaling station

But for Princess Celestia and her student-turned-lover Twilight Sparkle, ,

. And, as Luna had said with a smile, to have their honeymoon

Both alicorns had blushed at the statement, before remembering that they had actually married, even though they had had a simple marriage instead of a big lavish wedding like Cadence and Shining Armor.

"We've certainly earned this, haven't we, Tia?" Twilight asked

Oh yes, we have. The past three years have been stressful for both of us. But that doesn't matter now."

The younger pony gave Celestia a seductive smile. "Oh, just going to bed."

She entered their bedroom and closed the door behind her. Twilight counted to down from ten, and subsequently wasn’t surprised to have Celestia pounce on her and starting to kiss her.

Both ponies had the same thought: This was their best holiday ever.

Some editing. bold means that the word or punctuation point needs to be added or to replace the word currently there. struck through means the word needs to be deleted. Also, I used to live near Sable Island.

Thanks though you may want to pass those correction onto the nice man running this mad house, Holiday was just posted. And my Sable Islands are named after the horse breed that lives on the island even though it's Equestria's version of Hawaii

1796936 CUTIE MARK CRUSADER PRINCESSES MATCHMAKERS! :scootangel: :applecry: :unsuresweetie:
SORRY, reflex :twilightsheepish:

... cute but to be honest not what I had in mind

Knight of Cerebus
Group Admin

1797240 The Sable Island horses are named after the breed exclusive to the obscure...Sable Island. Of Nova Scotia, Canada. Where I used to live, eh? :twilightsmile: As for passing it on, I'm sure Fuzzy can implement those changes pretty easily. I edited one of his stories, after all. It's what I do :scootangel:.

Fuzzyfurvert
Group Admin

1797240, 1797204
Those changes have been made.

I kind if knew that, I try to be somewhat creative with place names for Equestria so I bring up the list of horse breeds on Wikipedia as my source. Funny thing originally Sable Island was the name I gave Mayor Mare and she was originally from Halifax, Equestria. Then it became the Sable Islands, home to the tropical griffins of the South Seas.

Still thanks for the correction.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3,225