TwiLuna 3,809 members · 884 stories
Comments ( 732 )
  • Viewing 451 - 500 of 732

A story I never thought I would return to or build upon but the comments for that chapter gave me inspiration to continue it a bit, this started off small but quickly spun out of control.
Sequel to Mischief

Prompt: Ponies
Luna had finally managed to calm Twilight down, no easy feat given her love’s tendency for panicking; the news that Celestia AND Discord were at wars didn't help either, it was a prank war but still a war. Luna and a now calm Twilight stepped out of the Lunar Princess’ chambers and down into the castle, “Dusky Primrose?” Luna called out for her seneschal. A pony appeared though not a purple and red earth pony mare but a grey and black thestral stallion.

“Captain Night Tempest. Here to deliver the report on the status of the castle and its personnel”, he said calmly while saluting the Princesses.

“Where is Dusky Primrose?” asked Luna.

“Fled, Your Majesties.” was the short reply.

“What of the castle staff and could you provide some details please?” asked Luna.

“Fled, Your Majesties. I believe that all staff, nobles, and citizens of Canterlot have sought refuge at the Golden House, the Grand Dining Hall at the End of Equestria. From intel that I received a sizable portion of the citizens of Equestria within a-” he checked the scroll he carried, “actually most of Equestria has fled to the Golden House. They intend to form a new Diarchy centered around Duke Blueblood and Archduke Fancypants.”

“What of the ambassadors and delegates” Luna asked again hoping somepony or someone was still here.

“Fled, Your Majesties. Even the gryphons and yes even the lone dragon ambassador, all have claimed the need for a vacation and will be sure to return within the next century or so to address any concerns directed at or about their nation.”

“Wait, even the dragon?” asked a surprised Twilight.

“Of course, Your Majesties; Equestria on a global sense has been upgraded to Mostly Harmless since Discord was declared reformed and made a citizen of Equestria.”

“Explain Captain, of why Equestria is labelled as such and why Discord is the only real threat to them?”

“Of course, Your Majesties; the Equestrian Army has fought in almost no wars since the Lunar Rebellion, apologies my Princess.” He bowed slightly before continuing, “Princess Celestia has not invaded any nation in centuries, the Royal Guards are seen as little more than eyecandy by many visitors convincing them that Equestria was Harmless, Discord upgraded it to Mostly Harmless.

“What about my brother and Cadance?” Twilight asked the Lunar Captain.

“Here, Your Majesties. If the intel I have is correct, the Crystal Emperor had taken control of the Solar Guards while the Crystal Empress leads the Crystal Guards.”

“Good, maybe they cou-” Twilight was cut short by another voice.

“Sir Shield of the White I shall finally defeat you!”

“Never! Lady Heart of the Crystal, I shall be the one to defeat you!”

Twilight facehoofed and sighed, “Not again. I thought they ended it but no, they just had to continue their stupid game.”

“Game?”, Luna asked.

“Shiny used to play Oubliettes & Ogres a lot with his friends, sometimes Cadance or I or both of us would join him. His games with Cadance eventually became less working together and more of sending armies against each other. Somehow those two combined Oubliettes & Orges and chess into a game, it’s always ends in draw neither has ever won but now they both using their guards for their game.”

“Our last hope then, where are the Lunar Guards?” asked a desperate Luna.

“We must always be one with the night and shadows. We shall evermore remain the hidden dagger and cloak of Equestria” he paused, “That’s the official response. Permission to speak freely?”

Luna nodded.

Forgoing his earlier composure, “We may be sworn to serve and protect but we’re not dealing with Discord or Celestia in a pranking war. After our last incident with Discord which involved butterfly wings, twenty lengths of rope, and a dozen hammers. None of us wants to deal with him.” blurting out his words quickly. “My report’s done and I’m leaving before they get here.” He sped out the window and headed off to the horizon.

“There’s no hope left is there?” asked Twilight hugging Luna.

“None.”
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Hitchhiker’s Guide to Our World and Beyond (42th Edition, Revised)
Nation: Equestria
Population: Ponies (Sub-species of Pegasi, Unicorns, Earth Ponies, Alicorns)
Government: Triarchy (Alicorns are the leading royalty)
Hazards: Rainbows, overpowered (and insane) divine royals, chaos god.

Author's Notes
References are for Dougles Adams' Hitchhiker's Trilogy of Five.

I have no idea how well this worked out and it was never meant to have so many references to Douglas Adams but I really wanted to use the term Restaurant at the End of the Universe but it wouldn't work and neither did the phrase "So long and thanks for all the fish. Oh well.
New Prompt: Dolphin

In an attempt to revive a dead prompt thread (again) I've decided to throw out more prompts;
Whistling
Dolphin
Midnight
Sun
Gold
Ice
Sled
Ashes

Comment posted by The Princess Rarity deleted Apr 11th, 2014
Comment posted by The Princess Rarity deleted Apr 11th, 2014

I think I might pick up Ashes,

Habanc
Group Contributor

I'll claim whistling.

Habanc
Group Contributor

Prompt: Whistling

"I mean... I can't. She's just– ugh." Twilight slouched back against the bar, words slurred.

"Why not, dear? It sounds soooo simple. Just... Just do it." Rarity sipped from a crystal glass beside her, half-filled with burgundy.

The two were slumped on the classy, silver-framed stools that lived beside a chic and modern bar, crafted from a black granite that glinted with flecks of white. The garden beyond hummed with the conversations and bickerings of Canterlot's elite, while the star above shined with humble glow of the moon and its starry companions. Blue-tinted lights fell over the clearing within the royal gardens, enough space to host dozens of ponies alongside entertainment, food, and of course, a full-sized bar. How they dragged the hunk of pristinely-sculpted rock, Twilight did not know, but that was the least of her worries.

The Blue Moon Social had been designed for the nobility to meet their rulers once again. With court being slimmed down, as three ponies divvied the workload between them, the nobility had complained. Of course they would. They appealed that they could not have time to meet with each one of her majesties, and thus felt left out. A bid for more face time, and thus, more influence. But their political weight and resources could not be dismissed so easily. Unfortunately, some small concessions had to be made.

She had gone in expecting to put up with the guests of the evening. But now, five, six – seven? No, it was definitely six – glasses of vintage wine under, her focus shifted drastically. She wanted to be noticed. She wanted to be heard. She was going to get what she wanted, and by Celestia's beard, she wouldn't let anypony or anything get in her way.

Words were one such thing. Such pointless, trivial little blots of meaning upon a canvas of the indescribable, unpredictable, indetermine lives they all lived in. They felt very much of out of place, and thus, unnecessary. Yes, words would have to go.

Luna walked by them both, shooting Twilight a grin as she went. Her hooves dragged through the grass, posture bent forward, stumbling from side to side. A wine glass wobbled in her grip.

"Now, Twilight!" Rarity hissed, prodding her along with a giggle.

"Okay, okay..." she steadied herself. Inhale a breath that quaked with tangible anixety, she placed a hoof to her mouth. This was it. Fate ended here, and faith took up the helm. A faith that one's wings would grow strong enough to fly while one fell towards the earth, hundreds of meters below.

Or the moon, should she be cast there in punishment. Oh well.

A whistle rose the murmur of the social, splitting the air like a thunderclap. It pierced the heavens with its high note, before swirling down into the lower frequencies.

Thankfully, few noticed, most being too intoxicated – either in their drinks or their scheming. However, Luna froze. Her head creaked around, trying to pick out the origin of the catcall.

As instructed, Twilight caught her eye and winked, before drawing a sultry glare down to Luna's flanks. She held it there, to make her desires all the more obvious. Not that she minded, anyway. They were toned and slender, adhering to a muscular curve that drove Twilight crazy. She bit her lower lip, a silent plead to entice her target.

Luna regarded her with the grace of a pogo stick on a speeding treadmill. Her cheeks lit up hotter than the sun, nearly fumbling over her own hooves as she attempted to turn around.

Twilight wished she hadn't, as the view was intoxicating. Drunk or not, she had no problem admitting to herself that she fancied the mare; she was clever, intellectual, kind, with a personality that appealed to her. Luna's klutzy nature was an unintended, extremely adorable bonus.

But with alcohol in her bloodstream, Twilight allowed another admittance of the starry alicorn: she was hot. No two ways about it, Twilight had sufficiently flung herself head over hooves for her, and Luna's lithe, appealing figure certainly played a role. Her own cheeks flustered as she imagined the ongoings betwixt the bedsheets–

Get a hold of yourself, she scolded her wandering and lecherous mind. She's coming over! – uh, oh shhhiit. I– I didn't quite plan for her to do this. What do I do?! I don't know how to pick up mares!"

"Twi– Twilight Sparkle!" Luna slurred as she stood before her. "Did... did you whistle at me?"

In the corner of her eye, Twilight saw Rarity far off in the distance. She must've escaped during her daydream. She was, in one sense of the phrase, all alone.

But if you play this right, you might not be come morning! her mind piped in.

Swallowing, Twilight put on her best assertive mask and prayed for the best. "Oh, well, of course."

"And why would you do such a thing?" Luna stepped forward, sipping from her glass.

Here it was. Do or die. Go time. Sweat beginning to bead along her hairline, Twilight, even in her drunken haze, knew she had to move fast. Her liquid courage, for all its potency, did not have the endurance to hold her up for much longer. The beams were already beginning to whine and creak.

"I liked what I saw."

Luna blushed harder, but her boldness fed off of Twilight's blunt, succinct tactics. "And what... what exactly did you see?" She closed in around her, her face less than a meter away.

Twilight's skin seemed to itch and burn with anxiety. She felt as if she couldn't bring the next sentence to bear, to be permanently locked away within the confines of a shy mind. But not tonight.

"Your butt." The incredibly crude reply caused Twilight to snicker. "I mean, it's very... alluring."

The two sat facing eachother, as Luna's hindlegs gave out and she plopped down on her afforementioned rear. Her cheeks had already reached their final color. The seconds passed. The gears appeared to tick inside the older alicorn's head, until finally her mouth edged open to speak.

"Would you like to... see it again?" Luna wondered, her voice small and tiny. "These nobles bore me, but– well, spending the rest of the night with you would be anything but."

Twilight nearly shot out of her seat, her puffed out wings projecting her from her spot against the bar. Her whisper was desperate and shuddered with desire. "Please."

New Prompt: Candy

Pearple Prose
Group Contributor

Claiming Midnight

It began at midnight, the same instant as the bell rang in the silence of the sleeping city.

When it began, Twilight Sparkle awoke, suddenly and seamlessly. She didn't remember falling asleep, and she didn't quite recall waking up either – she simply became aware of herself as she was trotting down the empty hallway in an eerie darkness. Moonlight shone, blisteringly bright, almost alien in its intensity.

There was a lilting sound on the cool night breeze that flowed through the palace. It was barely an echo, but Twilight felt an odd need rise within herself, the urge to hear this sound in its full intensity. And so she ran, her rapid hoofbeats creating a discordant melody in the somber halls. She didn't really consider where it was she was going at all. Rather, it was as if the path was being whispered into her ear.

Twilight turned another corner, and found herself at the top of a grand staircase. The sound was louder now, hauntingly close. It was deep, and mournful, and graceful, and made her soul twist as if it were a physical force, and as she listened and hummed in sync, her hooves carried her down the staircase.

But as she descended the stairs, the song became more distant, harder to recognise. Twilight looked around her, and saw the huge opulent walls around her crumble, screams of fear of defiance ringing in her ears as flames licked at her hooves and consumed the grand wooden steps beneath them. Panicking, she began to run for the great doors ahead of her, but the flames and the screams built higher and higher until they reached a crescendo, and Twilight touched the doors just as they exploded open with white light.

In the next moment, she was standing in an old, tattered courtyard. Around her were the remains of an ancient castle, open to the night sky above her. Behind her, an enormous bell tower stood, still pealing. Twilight turned back to face ahead of her, and noticed a small gray form sitting alone, facing away from her, in the centre of the yard. From where she stood, Twilight could see only a limp gray mane, a cracked horn, and a pair of tattered wings hanging loosely from its back.

Twilight stepped forward. As she approached, she began to hear sobbing. Not the loud, hacking sobs of despair – rather, they were quiet sniffles, ones that a filly would make. She stepped faster, until she was standing right by... her. It was a her, that was it.

She was staring at something intently. Her focus was unflinching, even with Twilight standing right next to her. Twilight followed her gaze, and realised that she was looking into a small pond, right by their hooves.

In the pond was a thing of darkness. Two draconic eyes stared unblinkingly from the midst of a black void, right back at the crying pony by Twilight's side. Twilight turned to look back at the pony, and simply watched for a while, as tears trickled down her cheeks.

Slowly, she lifted her hooves, and wrapped them gently around the crying pony's neck. Her coat was soft, like fine sand, and her mane smelled of moonflowers. She held tighter, and became aware of her own voice whispering sweet nothings into the pony's ear.

Her mane was glowing. It was soft, gradual at first, but it was there. The limp gray mane darkened and thickened, with pinpricks of bright light shining through. The stars were here, in this pony's mane, and Twilight felt herself smile.

She saw the pony smile too. She heard her laughter, felt her return the hug, and together they stared down into the pond. They saw a bright light wrap around a thing of darkness, and the blackness vanished, revealing a deep blue smiling pony in its place.

Yes. Yes, that's right, she was blue.

She heard a giggle, and she turned just as her vision became filled with stars.

And when she became aware again, she was flying. Flying far away, with the deep blue pony with the mane of a starry sky and the moon emblazoned on her flank. Her horn was long and resplendent, and her wings were impeccable. And as they laughed, the land below growing father and farther until it was just them, Twilight and Luna – for that was her name, she remembered – together in the infinite sea of stars.

And it ended as it began, with the eternal ringing of the bell in the sleeping city.

Prompt: Fix

So, what exactly is the release schedule for Dark Paradise Prompts? I can't find rhyme or reason for release times

Fuzzyfurvert
Group Contributor

It updates when Pearple can be sussed into doing it, that lazy bum.

I'll berate him chat tonight about it.

It also does not help that this prompt collab seems to die rather frequently as of late.
Please do get Pearple to post, we're nearly at 100 chapters and I would like to see it get (at some point).

Prompt: Fix
“I’m telling you this time it was your fault”, accused Twilight.
“My fault?” Luna roars back at almost Royal Canterlot volume.
“You left it outside!” Twilight calls back.
“Surely it is your fault since you wanted me to bring out with us.” Luna responds.
“I only asked because I know how much you like having it around.”
“That does not give it justified excuse that it was my fault!”
“It does since otherwise I wouldn’t have brought with us.”
Luna huffed, “Fine! Whoever! It’s still needs to be fixed and you should fix it since you had it last.”
“No, since it belongs to you.” Twilight retorted.
“Yet you always like having around as well.”
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Outside Luna’s chamber were a pair of therstal guards, one was clearly younger than the other given his nervous shaking from hearing Their Majesties in a heated argument. The other was older, more decorated and much more used to Their Majesties, rather frequent, departures from sanity.
“Is something wrong Private?”
“No, Captain sir!” he squeaked out, surprised at the sudden question.
The Captain just glared at him.
“Actually there is sir. How can you be so calm about those Their Majesties argument, it sounds fierce.”
“Private, this is rather normal.”
“Normal?” asked the surprised guard.
“Of course, Their Majesties may be great and powerful princesses with power over all but even they are pony. This is actually rather routine.”
“What?” yelled the guard though his yell was in no way louder than Luna’s Royal Canterlot Voice would could still be heard arguing with the newest princess.
“The last time something like this happened was a few months ago, one of Their Majesties had forgotten that Her Majesty Princess Celestia had gone on a diet at the advice of the Royal Physician and had gotten her some cake. This led to the Great Cake Armageddon in which Their Majesties attempted to fix it by getting Princess Celestia back on her diet.”
The other guard’s eyes widened as he remembered the chaos as Princess Celestia tore through the castle looking for cake before then setting out into Canterlot looking for more.”
“Then there was the time before that, almost half a year ago when one or both had gotten drunk and did a very colourful remake of the night sky. So yes, routine.”
As if on cue the guards could hear the argument settle down.
“Alright fine, it doesn't matter who’s fault it was but let’s just fix this together” Twilight suggested.
“Fine,” Luna responded lighting up her horn as Twilight did the same. Both of their magic enveloped the broken object in front of them and wrapped in the twin streams of magic was fixed to how it was before.
“Mr. Sock Jr.!” called out a happy Luna, “And Twilight of course.” She looked over at her Stars and wrapped her wings around her. Seeing Twilight’s slightly annoyed expression she said,“Don’t worry, you’re better” as she kissed her.
Outside one guard stood stunned and the other with a calm expression; the Captain said to the Private, “Routine.”

New Prompt: Promise

Another themed prompt for the mostly thematic prompts list.
Active prompts;
Dolphin
Candy
Sun
Gold
Ice
Sled
Ashes
Promise

Pearple Prose
Group Contributor

Sorry about taking so long to update guys. :fluttercry:

I'm just incredibly forgetful and get distracted easily. I'll hire Fuzzy as my official poker person.

Fuzzyfurvert
Group Contributor

I work for belly rubs.

3211025 >unrelated note - but did you make the prompts look like a bowtie on purpose? :trixieshiftright:

Prompt: Ashes (This will be sad.)
Presented with the caveat that this is the second such ficlet I've ever done. And the first was finished about five minutes ago, so I haven't gotten any feedback on it yet.

The sound of the waterfall that fell down the slopes of the Canterhorn was a distant rumble as Princess Luna sat on a ledge near the mountain's peak. It was cold, so high above the city below, and the tears on her cheeks felt like ice.

She turned her head up to the starry sky above, looking at a constellation of five smaller stars clustered irregularly around one large one. The tears streamed more freely down her face.

"I locked my heart away so long ago. I hid it behind a wall, and warded it with a Nightmare. Thou didst slay the Nightmare. Thou didst climb the wall. Thou alone hath touched my heart. I set thee among the stars..." she broke off, a sob interrupting her. For a time she wept in near-silence, the distant sound of the waterfall hardly louder than her soft sobs.

"I thought thy heart was mine, as mine was thine. I was a fool."

A soft thump made Luna turn her head. Her sister had landed on the ledge behind her. She walked over and sat beside Luna, folding a wing over her. For a long time the pair sat in silence. Eventually Luna looked back up at the stars and said, softly, "Mayhap I should remove those six stars."

"She didn't mean to hurt you, Lulu," said Celestia gently. "I don't think she even knew. You were her friend."

"I know, 'Tia. 'Twould be easier if she had acted knowingly. I could hate her then. Her and the stallion who took her from me! Yet I cannot."

"If there's anything I can do to help?"

"Just leave me to mourn, sister. There is naught to do but mourn, now."

Celestia hesitated a moment, then rose and gave Luna one last nuzzle before departing, her vast, white wings carrying her silently into the night sky.

Behind her, Luna whispered, "I locked my heart away so long ago, until thou didst come and hold it in thy hoof. Now thou hast burnt it from my breast, and ever after all I shall know is ashes."

Next prompt: Daisies

Layout was unintentional, I was grabbing words (and concepts) at random from the poem I was reading when making up most of the prompts list the first time. Exceptions are Dolphin and Candy which had nothing to do with the poem I was reading, I just added another thematic one, Promise, when I finished Fix which led to well the unintended layout.

Don't like to bother but would you mind double checking Ponies, the story is linked to Mischief from before and part of the end up to the end of the AN's was cut.

Pearple Prose
Group Contributor

The Hitchhiker’s Guide to Our World and Beyond (42th Edition, Revised)
Nation: Equestria
Population: Ponies (Sub-species of Pegasi, Unicorns, Earth Ponies, Alicorns)
Government: Triarchy (Alicorns are the leading royalty)
Hazards: Rainbows, overpowered (and insane) divine royals, chaos god.
Author's Notes
References are for Dougles Adams' Hitchhiker's Trilogy of Five.

Do you want this in the author's notes or is this part of the fic?

Pearple Prose
Group Contributor

Oh hey there, SPark! Nice to see a new face around here. Nice ficlet you got there too. :twilightsmile:

Actually while I'm here, I might claim Ice. I'm getting a little rusty.

That was part of the fic, sort had a Hitchhiker's theme for the chapter (unintentionally), AN's is AN's.

Pearple Prose
Group Contributor

le bumping of le thread

Ice

Twilight's breath was misty in the cold night air of the Frozen North. There was a frosty sheen on the crystals that formed the balcony where she and Luna lay wrapped in one another's hooves.

"It's beautiful," Twilight said, looking out over the Crystal Empire with a sleepy smile on her face.

Luna hummed in agreement, her head resting on top Twilight's own. "It does bring back memories. This place is a relic of the past, really – I feel something of a kinship with it."

Twilight lifted her head and wrapped her neck around Luna's in such a way that she could speak quietly into her ear. "It's still not as pretty as you." She buried her muzzle in Luna's mane and listened to her laughter.

"Such bold words," Luna said with a smile. "One dares to ask where this confidence is coming from?"

Twilight just shrugged halfheartedly, still drinking in the scent of Luna's magical mane. It smelled vaguely of blueberries. "Iunno. You look nice with the crystals and all." She hummed for a moment, before pulling her head back and asking, "So, you've been here before?" She paled. "Uh, I mean, obviously before... that."

If Luna took note of Twilight's blunder, she hid it well. "Hmm... Once or twice. The first couple of times were diplomatic meetings with the Cadenzas." Luna grinned preemptively as she heard Twilight's gasp. "And yes, Our fair niece does indeed have roots here. The noble family who used to rule the Empire are Cadence's ancestors. Celestia discovered this soon after she adopted the girl, I do believe. Tis extraordinary." Luna's smile turned to a slight frown. "And... There was a time after that, I think."

Four black hooves landed gently on the crystal floor of the Palace with a melody of sharp clacks. The midnight black mare they belonged to shook herself clean of the snow that clung to her coat. Her features formed a razor sharp frown as she looked back at the blizzard that raged outside the balcony window she had entered through.

"It is beautiful, is it not?" A sultry voice slithered out of the shadows. The mare suppressed a shudder and turned to face the ash grey stallion that smiled softly at her from the darkness. "The snow and the crystal sparkle so perfectly in the moonlight." He faked a shocked gasp. "Oh, but where are my manners – It is an honour to finally meet you, my Queen." He bowed low to the ground, his muzzle scraping the floor

Luna snorted. "Get back to your hooves, you sniveling sycophant. Tell me why you called me away to this pathetic hole."

Something flashed across King Sombra's face, so brief that Luna wasn't sure she'd seen it at all, before he got back to his impressive height. "Of course, of course, her Highness has important business, I'm sure." The smirk on his face made Luna's skin crawl – He wasn't so pathetic as to mock her, was he?

He circled Luna slowly as he began to speak. Luna's eyes never left him for an instant. "It's quite simple, really. I admire you, Princess– Queen Luna. I can give you power. I can give you the honour you deserve. And I think, together, we could create something beautiful." He swept his hoof towards the balcony once again. "Just look."

Luna did look. She saw the moonlight reflecting of the icy crystals of the sleeping city. She saw it sparkle as brightly and as brilliantly as her own night sky in the background.

She felt the darkness crawl across her fur as she watched, in wonder, as the storm danced to the song of the night. "It does look... beautiful," she said, with grudging awe.

She heard a voice whisper in her ear. "It's still not as beautiful as you."

Luna reached out and, with a twist, tore the darkness from his grasp. With a flicker of a thought, she sent the stallion crashing to the icy floor behind her.

"Are you truly so pathetic?" Luna snarled. She wore the darkness as a cloak, as armour, as her own skin. "You tempt a goddess, Sombra – We have no need for your kind words and your little display. Our night is beautiful without your meddling, and We shall have the entire world know that. Now, begone. Your sight offends Us."

The shadows, sharp as daggers, descended on the speechless Sombra, who whimpered in fear and crawled away from the wrathful being of darkness that stood before him like an ancient war god. He staggered to his feet and shouted, "I could have given you everything! I could have made you an empress! But no, return to your little hovel with your sister that hates you and your country that ignores you. See how much the world loves your "beautiful night", you wretched bitch."

Luna wondered, for a moment, how it would feel to crack that handsome face like an egg in her hooves. She pondered the feeling of his body impaled on her horn, and the metallic bite of his blood on her tongue.

After a minute of idly watching the pony tremble in his shoes, Luna turned and vanished into the night as a fleeting shadow, his final words to her echoing in her mind.

"Luna? Are you alright?"

Luna started. She felt warm tears dripping from her muzzle. She batted ineffectually at her eyes and forced a smile onto her face.

"Yes, We are fine. Thank you, Twilight. For everything."

Prompt: Statistics

Comment posted by Piece Bot deleted Apr 29th, 2014
Comment posted by Piece Bot deleted Apr 29th, 2014
Habanc
Group Contributor

Claiming Dolphin.

Habanc
Group Contributor

Prompt: Dolphin

There were times when fate forgot its designation, when each of life's tumblers clicked at the same time, when, for once, the governing heads of Equestria found themselves with a light workday. Each of the three handled it in their own special ways, and coincidentally on a spectrum of activity. Celestia preferred to shudder the walls in snoring sleep, while Luna, now unchained from the horrors of desk work, burst into play like a supernova. Twilight preferred a warm medium, a delightful bout of relaxation in the cozy company of a book. Rest for the body, energy for the mind.

However, seeing as she was willingly, romantically, and in very rare cases, physically chained to Luna, she had to compromise.

It had been a year ago when Celestia became disillusioned with her weight. Like her flanks weren't genetically meant to be that large, Twilight had scoffed at the time. It made no sense, and to top it off, the solar sissy decided to install a pool for exercise. Right where her favorite reading spot was. "It puts less pressure on your joints!" they told her. "It'll keep you looking ages younger!" As if shearing away twenty years really meant anything. "You'll be the envy of stallions everywhere!" Hah. She wasn't already? Besides, her little tête-à-têtes with any handsome, young guard was Canterlot's biggest unkept secret.

And guess what? She hadn't even used it once. But the solar sissy would be damned if anypony got near it, even her own sister and prodigy.

Therefore, Twilight had relented because of this, and willingly went through with Luna's plans. Curled up on a plush beach chair, enjoying the foreign feel of sunbathing while nose-deep in Brave New Stable, it seemed this was one of Lulu's better ideas. Much better than that whole incident with peanut butter, anyway.

"Twilight, you must come and relax with me for awhile!" Luna called, distant splashes heard over the rumbles of helicopters and whispers of hypnopædia.

"In a minute," she mumbled, trying to focus on the paintings of the savage reservation.

"You said that an hour ago!" Her partner whined.

"I– I know, I just have to get through this last part." She couldn't pull herself from the hungry quicksand of good literature. Carnage could rain from the heavens, manticores could establish a democracy within Manehattan, and Gummy could lead a band of revolutionary guerrillas to banish the evil grasp of cauliflower, but that would matter little until she finished a chapter.

"Twilight!" She could hear more splashes growing closer. A hoof clopped on what she presumed to be the marble-tiled edge of the pool. "Twilight, I want to enjoy this wonderful session of relaxation together. The stars have aligned for once – I promise on my moon that I only nudged them slightly – and we are in dire need of time together."

Twilight's reply was slow in coming. "Mhmmm. Hold on." A page flipped by her nose, with another pleasurable burst of book scent.

"Twiliiiiight. My heart withers, my soul threatens to tear itself apart! I cannot hope to continue on the treacherous path of life without your love-light to guide my lost soul! I require you immediately, as the flower does the sun. Oh cruel fate, what a mare have you cast upon me?" A thud hit the tiles.

Oh for pony's sake. Twilight put down her book and gave Luna an unimpressed look. Only the midnight mare's head was visible, her wet, unenchanted, cyan mane falling over her face. But as soon as Twilight gazed upon her, a tiny smile grew on her features, like a puppy before a treat.

"Well, if you think the fates are cruel, you should see when somepony interrupts me from reading," Twilight warned her before going back to her novel.

But those words formed a funny itch in the back of the head. It wasn't as if Luna was a mischievous pony, right? She didn't prank the kitchen into submission, did she? She also didn't place anti-enchanting and blue-dyeing runes on Celestia's shampoo bottle, of course? No, no, of course not.

A splash of water hit her straight in the face, covering her and her beloved book. Her conscious shed a mighty tear then and there, as ink dripped away in unison.

The defender of diction released her former charge and rose from her seat, using one giant flap from her wings to launch herself towards the pool. Adjustments from her primary feathers gave her the accuracy of a laser-guided missile, coming down upon the giggling perpetrator.

But Luna was goddess of the moon, and the seas were her vassals. There was no better aquatic combatant. That, and for one reason or another, her body simply refused to go under. Luna, shortly after being pounced upon, jabbed a hoof between Twilight ribs. With the her partner paralyzed by laughter, Luna promptly dunked her under water.

Twilight arose from the great five-foot depths, coughing and sputtering, using a hoof to clear her mane-shrouded eyes. Luna was swimming away, but still clearly within striking distance. However, no matter what she tried, she couldn't bring herself to. A goofy grin captured her features.

"Luna, what are you wearing?"

The alicorn in question glanced down around her shoulders. Floaties were inflated around each leg, keeping her afloat while she paddled around the pool. "What, you mean these?"

"Yes," she cooed, followed by a giggle. "You do know those are just for foals, right?" She set off into the deeper end, swimming by her own accord. It was rather calming, the ripple and flow of water along her body, she decided.

Luna gasped in shock. "You know not what you speak! Mr. Dolphin is a rightful and reliable friend!" The decal of a dolphin adorned the sides of the floaties. "He allows Us–" she halted herself as an archaic tongue tried to set in amidst her emotions, "–me to enjoy the relaxation of swimming without tiring. I have no fear of failing to keep my head above water, but I would be devastated if a single session in the pool could disable my plans for the rest of the day!"

"Right." Twilight rolled her eyes as she drew close. She pecked her on the cheek. "I think it's cute."

Luna docked against a wall of the pool, allowing Twilight to rest her hooves on the shallow ledge of the floor before it dipped away. "Really?"

"Yes," she affirmed as she nuzzled her again. It was hard to resist.

"I do not understand..." Luna murmured. "Twilight, would you try these on? I am confused as to how they are attractive to another."

"Me?" Memories flashed through her head. Memories of coughing and flailing like a foal beneath the water before Celestia fished her out with a chuckle. Memories of having to take swimming lessons in gym class. Memories of putting those dreaded, plastic lumps of air on because she learned a little late. "Oh no, I possibly could–" But her brain came up with another interesting note of information. A delicious, wonderful thought. "–could... Could definitely be able to!"

Luna smiled and began to take them off in earnest, putting them on the edge of the pool. When she was done, she faced her partner. "Twilight, why have you not put them on yet? I would dearly like to know, and should they make you appear, as you put it, cute, then that would be a nice boon as well."

Twilight smiled at her, saccharine sweet. "Luna, I want you to know something."

Luna took a step closer, curiosity brimming in her eyes. "What is it, my dear?"

"I want you to know that I love you very, very much, and that despite whatever mischief you put me through, that will never change." She pecked her quickly, before whispering in her ear, "That, and you should never let your guard down."

A field of telekinesis took a hold of the poor alicorn and launched her across the pool.

Next Prompt: Foals

Claimed Prompt: Foals

"I think I'm having second thoughts about this," Twilight muttered, as she was practically dragged down the walkway. Her spunky five-year-old was apparently stronger than she thought. "Luna, are you even listening to me?"

Her wife stifled a chuckle. "Of course I am," she assured. "It's just amusing."

Twilight raised an eyebrow. "What is?" she asked. She stopped for a minute, and heard whining. Her hoof was being tugged on.

"Mama, come on."

"That," Luna said, with a soft laugh.

"I'm gonna be late!"

"Well, I'm glad you can find this entertaining," Twilight whispered. "Because I don't."

"Mama-"

"Astra Selene, what have I told you about interrupting?"

The little filly frowned. "To not to," she said, with a sigh. "But what about school?"

"We're here earlier than we have to be," Twilight assured. "Don't worry." She kissed her daughter's forehead and gave a comforting smile. "Wait here for a minute, ok? I have to talk with your mother about a grown-up thing."

Astra nodded, and patiently stood by the gate of the school while she watched her mothers take a few steps away.

"Do you really think this is a good idea?" Twilight murmured.

"I thought we agreed it was fine for Astra to attend public school," Luna mused. "The teachers promised not to give her any special treatment, she's not the type to misbehave, and she's old enough for this. Let's not forget you've been drilling knowledge into her head since Day One. She'll pass every test with flying colors."

Twilight let out a sigh. "I know, I know, I just-" She glanced over her shoulder and frowned.

Astra looked far too grown up dressed in the school's plaid uniform, with her sparkly black and pink saddlebags slung over her back, and her mane tied with a blue ribbon.

Luna nuzzled her wife. "She's still our little girl," she said softly.

"Not for long," Twilight sighed.

They made their way back over to their daughter, who was practically hopping up and down with joy. The very second her mothers rejoined her, Astra pushed open the gate and bolted into the play yard of the school, her eyes were sparkling as she saw the building. The Canterlot Academy for Gifted Foals was prestigious but still low-key enough to allow Twilight to relent. After all, if she was going to send her only child to a public school, it was going to be the best of both worlds.

"So, we'll pick you up at three 'o clock, alright?" Twilight spoke up.

However, her daughter was far too entranced by the school and the playground, which was full of bustling colts and fillies her own age, playing and laughing. For somepony who had been in the castle for as long as she could remember, it was like a dream come true for Astra to be out beyond her comfort space.

"Astra?" Twilight said hesitantly -- but she was soon taken by surprise as her daughter quickly hugged her, and then Luna, only before she ran off without a word.

Twilight frowned. "Love you!" she called.

"Love you too!" Astra yelled back.

Luna wrapped a wing around Twilight. "Let her go," she murmured. "After all, she'll make friends."

A small spark caused Twilight to have a bittersweet smile. "I guess you're right," she said.

New Prompt: Wait... What?

Habanc
Group Contributor

OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH I NEED MORE OF THIS

Do you mind if I borrow Astra? Pretty please?

3245116 :rainbowkiss: No, go on -- I'd be honored!

You know we're practically sitting on the edge of the 100 Chapter milestone, actives prompts are as follows;
Candy
Sun
Gold
Sled
Promise
Daisies
Statistics

Am I allowed to claim a prompt I suggested? I wanted to claim Promise.

3268174 I don't think there is a rule saying you can't. I've done it before and nothing has happened.

*hears angry mob outside*

...dammit, not again! :raritydespair:

Prompt: Promise
“Are you free this weekend?” asked Luna.
Her companion seated at a sturdy desk populated by the mountains of paperwork gave her only a terse response, “No.”
Luna sighed, “When will you be available then?”
“Not soon.” another terse reply.
“You do need to leave this room eventually.” Luna argued, “You have more or less shut yourself in for the last few weeks. I do miss having you around and even now I rarely see you during the day.”
“Luna….” she began before pausing, taking a deep breath to help calm herself, “Luna, please. I was tasked with going over some of the final reviews for the newly proposed spells that the Magi Council put forth. I really need the time to finish this.”
Luna snorted, “Yes, a new excuse like the others. Are you certain you still wish to be with me? Perhaps it is best we end this before either of us hurts the other.”
At this Twilight broke her concentration from her work and turned to face her friend, her companion. She sighed, “You’re right, I’ve been burying myself with something or another for well a few months now. Maybe a relationship at this point was not the best idea….”
“Maybe not but I do not want to see it just end. So perhaps you could promise yourself this weekend off, let us be together for the weekend and see if we want this relationship to continue as it is?”
Twilight thought this over, occasionally glancing at her unfinished work. Taking a deep breath, “You’re right, a weekend off from this would be good. A weekend off with you is even better, perhaps we do need to reevaluate if we want this to continue. Any plans in mind?”
Luna gave a slight smile, “Oh, there are some ideas.”

This might become a series (at some point), also no new prompts as there's a half dozen active.

Habanc
Group Contributor

I'm claiming Wait... what?

Since I have had no contributions thus far, I think I shall participate. I am claiming Statistics.

This was some nice practice for writing. Might do a few more before I go back to my main story. Are we allowed to take more than one, or must we wait until another chooses a prompt?

Prompt: Statistics
Luna watched as Twilight ran past her in a panic, while simultaneous levitating four chairs, an end table, and a box of industrial strength foam. While normally this might alarm anypony who knew Twilight, Luna was far past being surprised. If anything, she was taking the news of her recent pregnancy well. Perhaps not in the sense of a normal pony, but for Twilight she was finding this quite tame.

“My love, perhaps you are going a bit overboard” Luna suggested diplomatically.

Twilight spun around “Overboard? OVERBOARD?! I am not going overboard! I am going to make sure this place is the safest place in the entire country!”

Luna arched an eyebrow as a few more hairs sprung from Twilight's mane to begin a life separate from the others.

“There is such a thing as being too cautious. I am pretty sure we reached that point when you converted every sharp object in the room into foam.”

Luna accented this point by poking what had previously been a lovely oak nightstand she received from a Minotaur ambassador.

“Do you know the statistics of workplace and home accidents are!? We live and work at the same place! The statistics have been doubled!” Twilight replied with only a hint of mania in her voice.

Luna sighed and motioned for Twilight to join her on the bed. Once the mare joined her, Luna positioned Twilights ear next to a barely noticeable bump on Lunas belly.

“What am I…” Twilight began before being hushed by Luna.

“Shhh, just listen” Luna said, as her horn began to glow.

Twilight obeyed and pressed her ear closer. At first all she could hear is the thumping of her beau’s heart. Slowly however, her hearing grew sharper and she heard a fainter, yet steady second heartbeat. It took Twilight a moment to realize what she was hearing. It her child's heartbeat.

Tears welled in her eyes as she looked up at Lunas soft smile.

“Do you hear that? Does that sound like the heart of somepony who has to worry for their safety?”

“But...but the stati-” Twilight was silenced once more by a gentle hoof on her lips.

“Dear Twilight, those statistics were made about ponies who didn’t have two powerful alicorn princesses watching over them. The moment I saw your smile at the news, I knew this filly would be safe from even the worst things Tartarus could conjure. Even before the foam” Luna teased.

Twilight sighed realizing that she had indeed been acting like a silly mare, protective yes, but even she realized that all things should be in moderation. It was just a little tougher to remember sometimes.

“I supposed the guards would like to have their weapons back”

“Yes, I do believe they would” Luna replied and the two mares burst out into giggles.

“Lulu, do you think I’ll be a good mom?”

“I can’t think of anypony more qualified”

New Prompt: Funhouse

Glad you like it. The moment I saw the prompt I pictured Twilight freaking out. I may have to try out a longer oneshot sometime. After I get my current projects out of the way :rainbowlaugh:

Very nice, well done. I could easily picture Twilight going overboard on protection.
Also to answer you're question, if you like to take another feel free. I don't think there's really a limit if you want to write another after finishing one.

Actually, once Pearple posts the new chapters then we're at 99 Chapters. Do we have a plan for the 100 Chapter milestone?

Habanc
Group Contributor

But but but but I've finished my prompt.

Pearp says it challenges Fuzzy's pole-dancing, teen rating-pushing prompt. Idk.

Anyway, if you guys want I can not post it until something else is done.

3274566 I think Lycaeus means that they won't post prompts to the story until we do the special but you can still put prompts in this thread.

3274388 ...right?

3274566 3274572
I'm not the Post Master for the story, that's Pearple. Likely it will be like other groups, posted chapters will be on the forum until the 100th special is posted and then the rest is posted. I meant that, not to not post until the 100th is finished. So in theory everything up to Statistics would be up, anything else written is on the forum until the 100th milestone chapter is posted. In other words, keep posting; we're short of people writing as is at times.

3274627 Figured. I don't think we have a plan for a 100 Milestone, but I guess we could all do, like, a collabception thing? Twilestia did something like that, I think.

Habanc
Group Contributor

Prompt: "Wait... what?"

Twilight and Luna shoved open the doors of Watering Hole Tavern, stumbling out into the dying street traffic of Canterlot. Their regalia discarded, they made somewhat unrecognizable ponies in the shroud of darkness. However, their mouths betrayed their stealth.

"Oh my gosh, yessssss," Twilight squealed, holding onto Luna's neck as they staggered down the sidewalk. "We totally should, like, like, yes."

Luna looked over at her, grinning like a drunk fool. ...Wait. Nevertheless, she slurred in ye olde butchered Equestrian all the same. "Twilight, tis thou... thou art the true genius of this most grand idea."

Twilight unhooked one of her forehooves and jammed it in Luna's mouth. "No no no, stop. I will not– I will not have that kind of tone, young missy." She decomposed into a fit of giggles, to which Luna couldn't help but join in with. "You are not going to speak Middle Equestrian. You hear me? Princess Luna is no snooty relic! She's speaking High Modern Equestrian! She's a strong, proud, beautiful mare!" She finished the last two words with a cry, throwing a hoof up into the air. Ponies nearby stared and gawked, but neither of them minded.

Luna smiled at her. "Wait... what?"

Twilight, still latched onto Luna with a hoof by her neck, spun in front of her. Placing her hooves on the alicorn's shoulders, she swayed but ultimately stood upright. Her mane was dappled over her eyes, which she shook away as she drew her face close to Luna's. "Listen to me, you. You are perfect, and nopony– NOPONY can say different. Because I said so. And what I say is right, because I'm, I'm a motherbucking Princess."

Luna snickered at her. "But Twilight, aren't we all Princesses?"

"Shush!" Twilight shook her head with as much stern steel as a nun with a yard stick. "Listen to me. You are..." Twilight remained silent for a moment, eyes studying Luna. She frowned. "...You are sooo pretty. Just look at you. Your mane is sooo pretty. Like, why can't I be as pretty as you?"

Luna tried to look at herself, but a hoof pulled her back to face Twilight.

"Look, so what if ponies sleep during the night, you don't! You do whatever the buck you want, you hear me!? What I'm trying to say is, you don't have to take anypony's crap! You... you raise the moon! Who else does that?" Twilight's voice rose high up into the sky. "You can probably pick up the entire palace with your magic!"

"I don't know–"

"You banished Discord! Like, that is pretty bucking awesome!"

"But didn't you–"

Twilight frowned again. "And your flanks are perfect. Like, why? How? Hoowwwwww do you do it? They're so toned and I bet they're firm and," she broke off into a sigh. "I just want to touch them, y'know?"

Luna smiled, too preoccupied to notice the heat flaring on her cheeks, among other places. "Wait... what?"

Twilight spun around Luna, giving her a heart slap on the rump. "Onward!" she proclaimed, pointing her hoof to the stars. "Onward to the palace, and uh... Civilization!"

Luna, now recovering, swaggered beside her. "Civilization?"

"Yeah!" Twilight cried. "Just like... like that song we heard back inside!"

Luna giggled, before belting out:

"The beating of a millions drums,"

"Duh duh, dunna duh duh!" Twilight added.

"The fire of a million guns,"

"Duh duh, dunna duh duh!"

"The mother of a million suns!"

"Duh duh, dunna duh duh!"

Twilight leaned close to Luna as they joined together on the street, with every eye on them:

"Civilization!"

-~-

Steamy breath whispered into her ear, "C'mere, you."

Twilight toppled onto Luna, driving them both onto the night-sky bed. Before Luna could so much as move, lips were pressed on hers, forcing her down. The lunar mare could hardly believe it, but she wasn't in a position to complain. She kissed back, weaving her hooves through Twilight's mane.

Their desperate making-out was interrupted by quick gasps for air, hot breath running down Luna's neck. Twilight was hungry, and with alcohol or without, Luna secretly admitted that she had no problem with whatever plans the librarian-cum-royalty had for her.

"Okay okay okay," Twilight giggled as she pulled away. "Can I just say how long I've been waiting for this?"

Luna's tongue lolled out like a dork. "For what?"

"You," Twilight claimed, running her hooves down Luna's side and stroking the base of her wings. She giggled again as Luna spasmed beneath her.

"Hah, hah..." Luna's vision rolled around the room before resettling on Twilight. "Wwhhat do you want with me?"

"Everything," Twilight purred, continuing her hooves along Luna's wings and to her flanks.

Luna could hardly contain herself. "Oh, by the stars..."

Outside the palace, on the high spire of a tower, Luna's window appeared pitch black. Then, in the blink of an eye, it flashed magenta.

"Twilight? What– what did you do?"

She giggled. "I just added another member to our party."

"Wait... what?"

There. There's my one saucy story for the year, time to go back to sadfics and fluff.

3274642 *presses upvote button aggressively (and repeatedly)*

Hence why I was asking if we have plans or not, but something would be nice. Wouldn't mind another collabception.

3274668 why do i always get to the prompts when they have died out!!!man i wanted to do some Twiluna:raritydespair:

3285750 The prompt is alive and well as far as I can see.

Prompts are active, however there are fewer writers in this collab hence the longer gaps between prompt being written.
Current prompts are as follows;
Candy
Sun
Gold
Sled
Daisies
Funhouse

• Viewing 451 - 500 of 732