Sensual Fiction (SFG) 1,726 members · 1,196 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4

I'm gonna be frank with all of you, I have continually been restarting on HWL and CFWM, over and over and freakin' over again. I just CANNOT make the set ups right, and the dialog comes out awkwardly, not to mention I always wind up writing myself into corners.

So I want to ask anyone who's interested a favor, could you, would you, help me over come this writer's block? I can't do it by myself, and I want to start working on other projects, and i know you'd all like to see these sequels I've been promising, so please lone me your ideas, suggestions, etc.

thank you all very much!

what kinda stuf you working on and have problems with

Underdogg
Group Admin

This is quite common. I used to watch old romance films, and take notes of the banter between the characters, and the flow of conversation. For instance, how do they talk? Short, quick flashes? or dramatic and lengthy? I very rarely plan dialogue, and if I do, it's because I want the story to end up at a particular point, or for a confession to slip out.
Take it slow, dialogue is so important to develop the bond between the characters, so constantly re-read it back to yourself. Imagine what your OC, or anyone else would respond. Make them say something provocative. How does the other react?

Just some of the things I used to ask myself when I was writing. Hope this helps

thank you very much! I'll defiantly remember that for future stories

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4