• Published 8th Sep 2013
  • 2,446 Views, 22 Comments

A hyena's tail in Equestria - Glacia



After a close encounter with death, Shenzi, Banzai and Ed find themselves in a whole other world full of colorful ponies. Thinking that they found themselves a feast, they make themselves at home. But are those ponies really so defenceless?

  • ...
1
 22
 2,446

Who's afraid of the big bad cat?

Once Shenzi had arrived, her two idiots were already greedily gulping down as much water as they could. While Shenzi was pretty thirsty too, she had other things on her mind than water, like trying to figure out where they were. She didn’t think she had ever seen such a dense forest. Even in the most fertile of areas in the Pridelands, you'd be lucky to see maybe two or three trees bunched up together.

"Hey, Bark Breath! Have you even bothered looking around yet? I don't think we're in that oversized sandbox anymore..." Shenzi commented as she looked around, hearing some unfamiliar birds chirping somewhere in the distance.

"We’ve gone for hours without water and we’re finally out of that desert," Banzai shot back, using his paw to swipe away the leftover water dripping from his muzzle. "Isn't that good enough for you?"

Shenzi rolled her eyes in disbelief. How could that idiot not see that going from desert to jungle in less than five seconds wasn't considered 'normal'? “Not when leaving that desert means going through a creepy glowing wall of water.” Shenzi scolded Banzai as she walked up to the lake to drink some water herself.

“Where are we anyways?” Banzai said as he started taking note of his surroundings, he didn’t think he had ever seen so many plants and trees in one place.

“How should I know? You were the one with the great idea of running through that strange floating water.” Shenzi shot back after she finished drinking herself, being for hours in the desert made one quite thirsty after all.

“Yeah!? Well you-Wait… What’s that?” Banzai said as he pointed at something behind Shenzi.

“Oh, no. I’m not falling for that one, Bark Breath.” Shenzi replied. Did he really think she would allow him to change the subject just like that? There was no way he was getting out of this one.

“No! Really! Some weird fly is hovering behind you.” Banzai said, his paw pointing at the “fly”. Was it even a fly? Banzai didn’t think he had ever seen such a big one before. Or for that matter, a pink one.

Shenzi rolled her eyes, as if she would believe that, that one was weak, even for Banzai. That being said… It did make her curious…

“If there’s no fly there, you’re going to wish you simply admitted this was your fault all along.” Shenzi replied with a venomous tone. She was getting tired of Banzai’s antics, why could he never just simply admit it was his fault all along?

Looking behind her, Shenzi was surprised to find that indeed, a strange fly was hovering in the air just behind her. “What the...” Shenzi stammered as she observed the little pink ball of… Whatever flies were made out off.

The three hyenas stared for a moment at the strange little critter. It was cute, but its giant green eyes kind of ruined it. Shenzi was about to speak up as the giant fly started to cough, making the three hyenas cock an eyebrow.

“I didn’t know insects could have col-Whoa!” Banzai shouted in surprise as the three hyenas quickly backed off. Did that fly just… Just puke another fly out?

Much to the relief of the three hyenas, the two overgrown bugs flew to a nearby bush covered in small red berries, giving them a few more feet of breathing room.

Opening their mouths to impossible proportions, the two coloured flies stripped the bush clean of every single berry before proceeding to cough up another pair of friends.

The group looked on at the flies in shock as the flies moved onto the next bush and repeated the process. "...I think I've seen enough." Shenzi remarked, backing up slowly along with the other two hyenas as the flies continued their eating frenzy.

Once the three hyenas were certain they were a safe distance away from the flies, they calmed down. One question remained in their thoughts though, what on the savanna were those things!

“Did you see how fast those things ate? Even Banzai can’t gobble food that fast.” Shenzi said, gaining a few laughs from Ed whilst gaining a remark from Banzai,

“Hey! I don’t gobble!” Banzai retorted, giving Shenzi an annoyed glare.

“No you’re right; you just like to swallow without chewing!” Shenzi replied before going into a laughing fit together with Ed, much to the annoyance of Banzai.

Banzai softly growled in annoyance as the two hyenas kept laughing on, he didn’t think it was that funny.

“Okay, I think I’m done.” Shenzi said as she stopped laughing for a moment. Although after seeing Banzai’s expression, she quickly started again. “Okay I’m not!” Shenzi laughed as she and Ed rolled through the dirt, their stomach’s hurting from the constant laughing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~An hour or so later~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just as the moon started to rise, which was surprisingly quickly, the hyenas had found their sleeping place for tonight.

Slowly walking into the cave, the three exhausted and very hungry hyenas were surprised to find a rather large collection of leaves, twigs and various other plants with a small incline in the middle, suggesting something heavy had laid on it for quite some time.

“Looks like we finally have some luck.” Banzai said, stretching himself out before walking to his comfy bed for the night.

“Banzai, are you sure this is such a good idea?” Shenzi asked. While she did admit to it looking comfy, maybe it would better if they left the cave. She would rather not meet the thing that seemed to have made its home here.

“Shenzi, you worry too much. Besides, finders keepers.” Banzai said as he got comfortable in his new nest.

Shenzi sighed to herself. Maybe Banzai was right for once, and maybe she was worrying too much. Three hyenas were able to pack quite the punch after all if needed.

“Alright fine, but if this turns out to end badly; you’ll be the one that gets eaten first.” Shenzi commented as she laid down next to Banzai with Ed soon next to her. Maybe she was worrying too much indeed, and even if she would be right all along, a nice bed for once made quite a lot good.

Closing her eyes and enjoying the warmth radiating from her two idiots, Shenzi soon fell peacefully aslee*Growl* Shenzi winced in annoyance, Bark breath’s loud and empty stomach wasn’t going to ruin her night of sleep, she would make sure of it.

Just as Shenzi was about to give Banzai a good piece of her mind, the growling had stopped, much to the approval of her. Allowing her mind to come to rest once more and doze off to slee*Growl*

“Banzai! Shut your stomach up or sleep outside the cave, some hyenas are trying to sleep you know?” Shenzi complained angrily. After all the crap today, she just wanted some sleep and this wasn’t making it any easier.

“Eh-wha?” Banzai mumbled sleepily. Why was Shenzi yelling at him this time? Did he roll on her side of the cave in his sleep again?

“Your stomach, stop it from making that noise. It’s keeping me awake.”

“Yeah well, maybe it’s you. Ed doesn’t seem to have a problem with it.” Banzai said as he gestured to the still snoring hyena.

She grabbed a nearby rock with her two forepaws and smashed it against Ed's head. Resulting into... Nothing. The hyena continued his peaceful slumber as if nothing had ever happened. “Ed doesn’t have a problem with anything, Bark breath!”

“Well, how can I help it? I haven’t eaten since yesterday!” Banzai shot back. Oh what he would give for a juicy fat zebra right now.

“I don’t care, just make it stop or you’ll get to sleep outside tonight.” Shenzi said as she closed her eyes once more, she sighed. This was just great, because of the sudden outburst she had pretty much lost any chance of getting some shuteye tonight. *Growl*

“That’s it! You’re sleeping outside, Bark Breath!” Shenzi screamed at the startled hyena next to her.
“Hey, that wasn’t me, I swear!” Banzai said, lifting his paws in empathize.

“Then who was it?” Shenzi said, they were all alone in this ca- A loud roar interrupted Shenzi’s stream of thoughts and answered her question.

Turning to the source of the roar, Shenzi's ears dropped as she looked on in fear. A creature so familiar and yet, completely unknown stood before her

The beast had massive tattered bat like wings, a tail ending in a giant stinger so muscular it would’ve put an elephants trunk to shame. And maybe worst of all, a massive red mane covered lion head.

Shenzi and Banzai slowly backed off, the beast's roar resulting in the third hyena waking in a terrified frenzy. Quickly scurrying towards the other two for protection, he tried his best to get away from the all too familiar sound, a lions roar.

The mighty creature slowly approached the three intruders of its home, its scorpion tail slowly swaying to the left and right as if the beast was ready to strike any moment with it.

Shenzi leaned over to Banzai, still eyeing the lethal tail as it swayed with deadly intent. "This is all your fault, Bark Breath." She hissed, fear more evident in her voice than anger.

Banzai just stood there, shaking as he gazed at the razor sharp teeth on the monstrous beast. "Y-yeah well... I didn't think an oversized lion would live here!" He shot back, somehow still managing to speak unlike their third companion who just whimpered in despair.

Before Shenzi got the chance to respond, the creature let out a loud roar as it charged in, making the hyenas cower in fear. After escaping death so many times, would Hades finally welcome them to the afterlife?

Author's Note:

Sorry for the long wait everypony! From now on, every two weeks a single chapter will be posted on saturday.

Comments ( 13 )

Look at this chapter, this chapter is for you~
Chryssie worked so hard,and I did too~
But mostly Chryssie. :trollestia:

For making a lion king crossover you win the internet

3240109 Thank you, thank you very much ^^. Much appreciated :pinkiehappy:.

3240986 I've been waiting for one of these

3242205 Thank you very much, anything you would have liked to see otherwise, maybe?

3240109

Yeah I get what you're saying. I'm suprised nopony else actually made a lion king fic seeing as how popular it is.

3242781 I KNOW ive been waiting FOREVER for one

3361282 You will recieve more, eventually... I just realized I havn't posted for over a month... Time to get back in the gears I would say :raritystarry:.

Ok, now this is entertaining. Plus I always felt kinda bad for those guys, starvation would be a terrible way to go. :fluttershysad:

4443524 Couldn't agree more, starvation would indeed be a pretty terrible way to go :fluttershyouch:.

I believe it’s time to run away.

I'm sorry dude(or girl) but I think you failed on your once evey two weeks considering that its 2020 and there are still only 2 chapters

Login or register to comment