• Published 15th Sep 2013
  • 286 Views, 0 Comments

The Red Thing in the Sky - TitanicIsBestShip



A terrible mistake causes the western nation of Brismania to undergo a deavestating disaster. The question is, will a band of five ponies be able to stop it before it destroys Equestria too?

  • ...
 0
 286

The Plan, the Intergrity of the Group

Chapter Four: The Plan, The Integrity of the Group

“Ok,” Barzano said, speaking to the group, “This ship is relatively small, so try to memorize its layout. I am going to go look for another crew member.” Barzano trotted back into the city. He passed a fountain, and stood there for a second. Now, where should I look? He wondered. Just then a tan unicorn with a dark brown mane approached him.

“What’s with all the commotion?”

Barzano turned around, “Oh, all this? Oh yeah. There’s a Cascade Wall approaching Equestria, whole, ‘end of the world’ kinda thing.”

“Hmm? Oh, not a big deal,” the stallion responded.

“What? Yes it is! I’ve been sent by The Princess herself to lead an expedition to stop it. And I’m actually looking for another crew member, what’s your occupation?” Barzano asked him.

“Uh, I try a lot of different things. No real cut-and-dry skillset”

“Well, you wanna take a crack at saving the world? It’d be nice to have another unicorn on board,” Barzano said with a smile.

“Well, sure, I mean I don’t have anything better to do,” the brown pony sighed.

“Alright, what’s your name?”

“I’m DerpTime...”

“Barzano, nice to meet you!” Barzano led DerpTime to the waiting airship, introduced him to the group, and then called everypony to attention. “Alright, I know it’s getting late, but here’s our plan of attack. We leave next morning for the wall, steam right up to it, and throw the device into it. If all goes well, the wall should start slow collapsing, and we can go home.”

Cloudbolt raised his hoof, “What happens if this thing doesn’t work?”

“Then we’ll hit the wall, and we’ll all die,” Barzano responded sternly.

“Not that we will...” DerpTime muttered to himself.

“Think about it Derp,” Barzano locked eyes with him, his tone graver with every word, “If we desync, we won’t be able to interact with the synced world, that includes the sun. Everything behind that wall is barren.” The six of them sat in silence.

“Y-y-you mean….everypony that’s been hit is dead?” Flarania asked softly.

“Yes. All the plants, all the animals, all the ponies, everything,” Barzano said.

“So if we screw up, we’re done?” Michael asked.

“Pretty much,” Barzano responded. Those words ended the conversation, and the five of them went below decks to get some rest. However, as they walked into the hallway where the crew and captain’s quarters were located, the ponies saw that there were only four doors, and four beds.

“Well, this isn’t going to work,” Cloudbolt said.

“Right, I suppose two of us will have to double up,” Michael suggested.

“Uh, no, I’ll sleep on deck,” Barzano told them quickly.

Flarania quickly spoke up as well, “I’ll sleep on deck too, I like the open air more anyways.”

“Alrighty then good night everypony,” Cloudbolt yawned and walked into one of the rooms. Flarania hurried updeck, and Barzano turned to follow her when DerpTime tapped his shoulder.

“Mmm?” Barzano turned his head.

“Something about me….”

“Sure,” Bar yawned.

“You know how you said that it’d be nice to have another unicorn on board?”

“Mmmhmm”

“Well, I can’t use magic”

“Oh…that’s alright”

“Yeah….”

“That’s fine, we’ll find some other use for you,” Barzano walked up to the deck, leaving DerpTime in the hallway.

“Hey Bar,” Flarania said.

“Oh, hey,” Barzano sat next to her.

“Pretty city from the skydocks!” Flarania exclaimed.

“Oh yeah, it really is”

“Too bad it might be the last time we see it…” Her words trailed off. Barzano put a hoof over her shoulders.

“We’ll succeed, don’t you worry”

“I know, I’m just scared. This is the first time in my life I’ve had to confront my possible death,” Flarania said solemnly.

“Yeah, but we’ll make it, don’t worry,” Bar reassured her.

“I hope so….”