• Published 6th Mar 2014
  • 580 Views, 24 Comments

Love and Cupcakes - Ponyfan57



My name is Lightning. I am in love with Derpy Hooves. I really didn't have to guts to admit it until now. Things are really going well for the both of us! And then came pinkie p

  • ...
11
 24
 580

The Morning

There I was. Tied down to a table in the middle of a dark room.
"Please just let me go! I want to go home! To my family and friends! They are all looking for me! Please!"
"I'm sorry but I just can't let that happen. That's what happens when your number comes up" said the mysterious voice.
"What did I ever do to you? "What number?"
The mysterious person walked up to me and said, "Hello Lightning."
"You..."


The day before...



It was the middle of the morning. I was eating my breakfast. I was out of stuff for breakfast and was too lazy to go to the store so I had a sandwich. I went back to bed because I was so tired from Pinkie Pie's birthday party and DJ lessons from DJ pon-3 and Neon Lights. It was my dream to become a DJ and they both agreed to give me lessons, although I had to bribe them 30 bits each. This made Octavia hate me, but I have no Idea why. My nap was interrupted when I heard a knock on my door.
"Who is it?"
"Lightning? It's me Derpy! I got some mail for you from Pinkie!"
I opened the door. "Oh ok cool! Want to come inside?"
"I can't right now. I have to deliver some more mail."
"Oh ok. Well uhh... I wanted to know if you uh.... W-want to go to uh..... Um... Uh...
"Yes lightning?"
"GOTTA GO BYE!"
I had a secret crush on Derpy. Only I knew how I felt about her, but I had been thinking about asking twilight for advice on what to do, considering I just freaked out when I tried to ask her on a date. I continued to read Pinkie's letter.

Dear Lightning,

I need you to come to sugarcube corner tomorrow night. Please come. It is very important.

Pinkie


I wondered what this was all about but I didn't really care. I was too tired. I took a nap for an hour. By the time I woke up it was around 9:00. I decided to visit Twilight to get advice. I got over there quickly considering i'm the fastest unicorn in ponyville. That's how I got my cutie mark. I knocked on the door. "Come in," she said from the other side.

"Hey Twilight, how's it goin'?“
"Good, just studying. You?"
"Well, but I need your advice."
"What about?"
"Uh... Ok.... There is this mare that I really like but I always freak out when I try to ask her out..."
"Who?"
"It's Derpy Hooves." I said shyly
"Who?""Um... Derpy Hooves. THERE I SAID IT!" I quickly stopped myself.
"You like Derpy?
"Go ahead. Laugh all you like."
"I need to use he restroom."
"Ok."
I could tell the wasn't using the bathroom because I could hear her DYING with laughter. She then came back downstairs.
"You done dying?"
"Oh... You could hear me?"
"I would be able to hear you from five miles away."
"Sorry. But Derpy? Really?
"I don't know... I just love her..."
"Ok. Can't say anything there. Here take this book. It has everything you need to overcome freaking out while speaking to other ponies. Bye."
"Thanks, bye."

When I got home I felt like killing myself for telling that secret. But held back because I got that secret off of my chest. I started to read the book. It was pretty helpful and informative. Thing is, when I actually tried again with Derpy, it was 50 times worse than before. I tried to speak with Fluttershy, but she said she wasn't good with that kind of stuff. Then I finally gave up. The last person I would go to is Applejack or Pinkie Pie because they would tell everybody, Rarity would just go on about fashion and fancy-ness, and Rainbow Dash would call me an egghead and give me no advice.

Later on in the day, Derpy decided to pay me a visit. We went inside and had some snacks even though it was a bit late at night to be eating.

"Hey Lightning?"
"Yes Derpy?"
"I got a message from a little birdie saying that you love me."
"WAT..."
I was blushing so mush that I thought my whole face turned red.
"Uhhhh.... Um.... Uh... You see.... Uh I uh...."
She leaned up to me and put a hoof on my mouth.
"There's no need to say anything. I love you too."
Then she kissed me.The kiss lasted for a while. She eventually broke the kiss.
"I will see you later. My love."
I was speechless as she left.

I went to bed to relax and take in what just happened and eventually fell asleep




The next night...


After some more lessons from the two DJ's, I remembered having to go to Pinkie's place. I got over there as fast as I could because I was late. She was about to leave to search for me when I got there

"Hey Lightning! I was about to go search for you but now your here but I was getting so worried that you weren't gonna come over but now you here!"
"Yeah, I'm here. So what's so important?"
"I need you to try this cupcake for me! It's super duper extra special!"
"Okaaaaay?"
She shoved it into my mouth.
"Mph!"
"So, is it good? Is it? Huh, huh, huh?
"Yeah! It's amazing! It is... It is....... It.... Is...... A........."
Everything went dark.

Author's Note:

Please leave any suggestions in the comments section!