• Published 4th Sep 2014
  • 10,962 Views, 571 Comments

Lyra Is Crazy: Many Months Of Mommy Madness - Masterweaver



Lyra wants a baby. Bonbon is a changeling. What could possibly go wrong?

  • ...
37
 571
 10,962

Lyra Is Emotional: The Wedding Is Weird

"Wait, what the heck?!" Lyra pointed a hoof at Bonbon. "You're a secret agent?!"

"Um. Yeah. You knew that."

"I knew you were a secret agent for the changelings!" The unicorn dived forward, grabbing her companion's face. "Now you're relling me you were also working for Celestia this whole time?!"

"Yeah, under my cover identity as Sweetie Drops. Of course, that was before I defected from the hive--"

"But--this doesn't make sense! Didn't you abandon the hive?!"

The cream mare pushed the unicorn's hooves down with a roll of her eyes. "Yeah, I did that, after I got Rainbow's replacement in, which happened after I ended up employed by the Tartarus Administration for Cataloging, Tracking, and Intelligent Capture of Amoral Legends!"

"Tartarus Administration for..." Lyra mouthed to herself for a couple of moments. "Wait a minute! You were with T.A.C.T.I.C.A.L.?! I thought that was just a myth!"

"Oh, so humans are real, but a top-secret government agency is a myth?"

"Well, I mean--hold on, that's not the point! The point is you never told me you worked for Celestia!"

Bonbon sighed. "It was a long time ago. After she took Twilight in, she... actually started to slowly disband the agency. We all thought she was training Twilight to be a monster hunter in order to replace us." She glanced out the window at where the princess of friendship was busy trying to tangle with the bugbear. "I guess we were half right."

"Whoa, mom. You worked for Celestia?"

The mare turned to the stunned nymph and smiled. "That's right. It was years before you were born, though." She fondly rubbed at her daughter's head. "Now I've got more important things to worry about."

Lyra groaned. "Look... Bonbon, I just... this is a lot to dump on me all at once. Do you, uh, need to do a thing or--"

"Well... I did help capture that Bugbear. I guess he could want vengeance." With a flash of green fire, Bonbon changed into a blue pegasus stallion. "There we go! That should help out. Oh, Melody, could you take this and pin it up there?"

"Okey doke!"

Author's Note:

IT'S AN OMAKE!

Comments ( 84 )

Nice! I like this way of integrating it into your headcanon!

"I knew you were a secret agent for the changelings!" The unicorn dived forward, grabbing her companion's face. "Now you're relling me you were also working for Celestia this whole time?!"

I think you mean "telling".

On an other note: That was an interesting chapter. Good job.

Heh. That was quite fun. Poor, confused Lyra...

I'M CALLING WIBBLY WOBBLY SHENNANIGANS!!!! Personally I'm going to just assume their daughter decided to jump back in time and help her mothers out on a stress filled day. That makes as much sense as it being an omake.

Omake! Omake!

I love omake! Maybe that's why I sometimes make it for other authors.

Well that was amusing.

I don't know if I'm glad you updated this, or max that it wasn't another month. :rainbowhuh:
Well, as long as a month follows shortly, I'll go with glad :rainbowwild:

"...of course, I was also working as a double agent for Nightmare Moon's loyalists, but was really a triple agent for Filthy Rich, who wanted to make sure they weren't causing trouble for the Silver Estate, and his daughter is the chosen one of the Discordians, who are in an alliance with Tirek's secret agents so technically I'm working for them too, but only so Prince Blueblood can get enough evidence to topple their monopoly on Las Pegasus' silver mines. I'm gonna double-cross him for Chrysalis though."

"Wait, is Silver Spoon or Diamond Tiara the chosen one?"

"Ahhhhh... Lemme check my notes. Close your eyes, they're Double-Ultra Top Secret."

So, is this your official headcanon, or just a joke about the new episode?
Speaking of new episode, I wonder how many fanfictions it ruined? Pretty much everyone where Vinyl spoke would be a start, plus stories where she and Octavia live in Canterlot.

Honestly, I really didn't like episode 100. It had a lot of fun visuals, and action, but there were far too many aspects of it that make the episode inconsistent with both itself, and the series as a whole. I mean, a multi-century old earth pony who knows about time travel? Bon Bon being a secret agent? Gummy being able to have an existential crisis in the span of about 2 seconds as everypony goes flying through the air, only to have everything land in a perfect setup in the town hall?

This episode was just one big "WTF" in my books, and even though I understand that it was meant to be a tribute to all the creativity that the brony fandom has produced over the years, I don't see the events in this episode actually being a part of the main cannon storyline of the show.

6092590 Agreed, I was just responding to that guy, wondering where he got the idea horses, real world ones, have such short lives.

Melody, huh?

And nice. This was a pretty funny addendum to the story :pinkiesmile:

6092719 They could have solved this simply with one of three last second endings which would have fit the show perfectly well:

1. Pinkie's telling a story and ends it with "And that's how Cranky got laid!" (ok, I'm joking with this one... :trollestia:)

2. The episode was Dash reading the CMCs attempt at writing a romance novel... she of course thinks its fantastic.

3. Derpy is trying to explain to her boss why she's late for work. The boss huhs and gives her points for creativity and just tells her to get to work. So it was just a wild excuse! Then the bugbear flies by the window! OR WAS IT!? DUN DUN DUN!! (then just like Fluttershy's fangs, it is never spoken of again).

There's also the possibility of 4. It's Discord's pizza nightmare.

6092446 But Octavia must live in Canterlot to attend all those events and parties on a regular basis... it just doesn't make sense. :applejackunsure:

6092423 This is clearly going to come up in Season 6.

6094053
Oh! That reminds me, I see you all over the place, on all sorts of stories... Would you mind giving a couple of my more recent ones a looksie? I've been getting frustratingly little feedback as of late, save for one very dedicated (but busy) pre-reader.

Let's see how this plays out in your storyline :pinkiehappy:

Wait what? That skip is crazy far! I thought this was Lyra and Bon Bon dealing with the political implications of the pregnancy and Lyra throwing up on stuff!

Edit: Just looked up what "omake" means. Good to know!:twilightblush:

6092719
#1 Turner being hundreds of years old actually fits just fine with the rest of the show if you don't ignore that Granny Smith was supposedly at the founding of Ponyville hundreds of years ago, they have age spells, and there are multiple immortal characters that regularly appear with more being introduced all the time. Seriously, at this point I don't think those were mistakes anymore.
#2 is the idea of Bon Bon being a secret agent really any wierder than her being a changeling? Or did you really think that Celestia didn't have some way of dealing with monsters other than the main six?
#3 just chaulk that one up to standard cartoon exadderation. There's hardly any point in animating a kids show if you can't make at least a couple jokes like that.

6098543
Finding pseudo explanations for all the inconsistencies won't change my feelings on the episode. There were some bits that weren't totally out of the question (such as the Twilight scepter in that one shot), but this episode jumped the shark, both figuratively, and literally.
4.bp.blogspot.com/-sxZBgv5U0xE/VXyaaeks38I/AAAAAAAAOjU/5MjNTpgwxmA/s1600/Capture.PNG

This deserves a favorite just for puked on Celestia.:heart:







But seriously though, good stories.

6094097 Are you suuuuuuuuuure? I'm evil, you know. :trixieshiftright:

6105540
Aw, evil might just be what I need. Can't be having all positive feedback; I'd never get better if someone didn't point out what I was doing wrong!

IT'S A GIRL! :yay:

Okay, i get the scene, but that's a bit soon to show the baby's already been born... i guess that's the changeling we see in the episode?

6109264
Fairly sure this is just something thrown in here as reaction to the wedding episode, and not meant as actual next chapter :raritywink:

6140501 actually it's a reference to an old movie, a black comedy about murder.

6140625

Which in turn is based on a stage play.

"Tartarus Administration for..." Lyra mouthed to herself for a couple of moments. "Wait a minute! You were with T.A.C.T.I.C.A.L.?! I thought that was just a myth!"

"Oh, so humans are real, but a top-secret government agency is a myth?"

"Well, I mean--hold on, that's not the point! The point is you never told me you worked for Celestia!"

Lyra just still in denial. Of COURSE Humans in Equestria aren't real! They're actually Dwarfs.

6164472 Schrodinger's Morning Sickness: Until Observed, It both Did and Did Not Happen. :rainbowlaugh:

Masterweaver what happen to the next chapter for this story

6300893
In which case she DEFINITELY should have taken the pill. Or at least did some research. She knew how bad she gets without her meds, and she should've known that taking them while pregnant could affect the baby. By becoming pregnant, she knowingly agreed either to take the meds and possibly affect her foal, or not to take them and put everypony around her through however long of that.

Eh. Maybe it'll all be worth it in the end.

6300940

Actually it was safe for her to take the meds, due to the magical nature of unicorn immunology. Only AFTER Bonbon was attacked and Lyra accidentally released all her magic did it become dangerous; Lyra did not plan for that because, let's be honest, what kind of sicko would attack a pregnant mare?

Whoops :twilightsheepish: I had forgotten about that. Should've reread the last couple chapters before I made a fool of myself. Thanks for setting me straight!

6304679 I would be rather unconvinced of the psycopath part. I could say it's some kind of lack of emotional stability as "mood swings" aren't enough.

Ok, who downvoted this post, and why?

Nonbronies, my friend. Nonbronies.

6306066 Because it intrests me.

Any obsucre topic intrests me. Psycology is one of them.

And seriously I want to study medicine, technology or art. In that order. And medicine is the one most propable to get me a protected and well-paid job. Due to my poor social skills evryone hope for me to take pharmacy but I always wanted to make computer games or invent something. But those are the result of random smiles of fate. And luck really isn't my speciality...

relling me

telling

well skiping the whole birth of said nymph (insert comedic i'm going to give birth skid here)(not actual birth), well ok a single tear goes down my cheek:fluttercry: still carry on.

6313237

The term is Omake. I'd explain but I'm tired.

Was a funny and cute omake despite how short it was looking foward to reading more of this story.

That was fun, may I have another? Looking forward to more.
Keep up the good work. Deus tecum.

Well, this is delightfully bizarre.

LololololololololololLololololololololololLololololololololololLololololololololololLololololololololololLololololololololololLololololololololololLololololololololololLololololololololololLololololololololololLololololololololololLololololololololololLololololololololololLololololololololololLololololololololololLololololololololololLololololololololololLololololololololololLololololololololololLololololololololololLololololololololololLololololololololololLololololololololololLololololololololololLololololololololololLololololololololololLololololololololololLololololololololololLololololololololololLololololololololololLololololololololololLololololololololololLololololololololololLololololololololololLololololololololololLololololololololololLololololololololololLololololololololololLololololololololololLololololololololololLololololololololololLololololololololololLololololololololololLololololololololololLololololololololololLololololololololololLololololololololololLololololololololololLololololololololololLololololololololololLololololololololololLololololololololololLololololololololololLololololololololololLololololololololololLololololololololololLololololololololololLololololololololololLololololololololololLololololololololololLololololololololololLololololololololololLololololololololololLololololololololololLololololololololololLololololololololololLololololololololololLololololololololololLololololololololololLololololololololololLololololololololololLololololololololololLololololololololololLololololololololololLololololololololololLololololololololololLololololololololololLololololololololololLololololololololololLolololololololololololololololololololololololololol:rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh:This story is hillourous .Next chapter please:fluttercry: please.

This story is very entertaining. For future chapters do you need any OC changeling hives? Because you can use my if you need to. Here is the description,
The shadow hive is the most mysterious of the changeling hives in that they don't need to change into ponies to get love. They get love by absorbing ambient love in their surroundings when they hitchhike in the shadows of other races. They have the ability to dissolve into living shadows to hide and spy on the governments of the many races of the world, including other changeling hives.
Their shell and eye color is a deep emerald color with bioluminescence on the tip their horns. They live in emerald mines that they mine emeralds so that they can make three weapons that are unique to only them. The solders have a gauntlet on their right foreleg that has an emerald inside that when the changeling's magic is used on it, it ignites into a green blade. This emerald points away from the solder's body. The honor guards of the changeling hive have a staff that has an emerald pointing upwards on the inside top of it, when its ignited the blade forms a trident shape. The king's staff has two emeralds, one on top pointing to the front and one on the bottom pointing to the back of the staff. When the two emeralds are ignited they form two curved blades with the top one curved downwards and the bottom one curved upwards.
They are ruled by a king named Zulu, The Watcher. He is a patient minded ruler who is very friendly with some of the mayors of Equestria, including the mayors of Manehattan, Filydelphia, and Ponyville by keeping track of what happens in the two cities and one town and recording them and giving a written report for the mayors with out anypony else knowing about him and his hive. He controls a huge spy network around the world so that he will always know the happenings of the world.
They also have recordings of all of the histories of the other races ever since they were formed. This includes history of the events that happened during Discord's rule over the ponies of Equestria when all other history of it was lost.
This is just the basic information for my hive, I can change anything to fit in with your story ok.

Just read the footnote, and that is the best damn blurbage I have ever seen. And I have seen a lot (and I mean a LOT) of blurblage.

Comment posted by CrackedInkWell deleted Mar 21st, 2016

6970872

I'm going to take that as a challenge, bucko.

6978677
Yes please do. This is a challenge, and you should tackle it like RD would. Beat it to the pulp and make sure to end this amazing work of art. Otherwise We'll have to come there and help you, and you know how that turned out for Daring Do (lost the ring and everything).

I hope this story goes bio accurate since the gestation ( length of pregnancy) time for a horse is a year .
At least they aren't elephants they take two years for a baby to be born

Login or register to comment