• Published 6th Jan 2016
  • 448 Views, 3 Comments

balances might - lightningcrash 300



a man with a ring powered by balance has awoken in the land of equestria after being turned to stone for 1000 years, the danger grows as an evil from the past returns.(displaced story/ green lantern universe)

  • ...
 3
 448

Awakening

Author's Note:

Glad I finally get to share this story, had the idea rolling inside my head for about a year now.I hope you all enjoy it!

"The balance has shifted." a voice said waking a strange creature (at least to ponies) up from its sleep from within its stone 'prison' he had been put in as cracks started to form, allowing him to be set free.

"That was a good rest." He said as he stretched out a bit before looking around his surroundings.

"Guess Celestia decided to decorate a bit." He added noting the many statues of ponies throughout the garden as well as the hedge maze.

"Ring, status report. What year is this?" He asked before the ring flashed and his uniform disappeared, leaving him in his regular clothes which consisted of a black T-shirt, blue jeans, and a pair of red Nike's.

"Ring power at 15%, recommend recharging." The ring said, the center flashing with every word.

The human chuckled silently. "I'm surprised you have even that much power left."

Reaching out his hand to his side before he pulled out a grey lantern out of nowhere.

"Okay ring, time to give you some juice!" He said before placing the hand that wore the ring against the lantern.

"In this place between dark and bright, to quest for balance that is my fight. Let those who'd bring blackest night, beware my power! Harmony's silver knight!" with a flash of grey and silver light that could be seen from Ponyville, he was now back in uniform surrounded by grey energy as he sped off. Not giving the ring a chance to say that it was at full power.

"Ok buddy, where am I going?" He asked, following a trail of energy only he and a few others could see.

"Shift in balance originated in the vicinity of the Everfree Forest's outskirts." the racing said before the human finally saw what had caused the shift.

"Sweet celestia....what in tartarus is Tirek doing here?!" He said quietly before dodging out of the way as a large ball of magic went past him after Tirek deflected an attack from a certain purple alicorn.

"Oh boy....this won't end well..." He added before flying behind Tirek and blasting him in the back of the head with a bolt of grey light.

"Aggh!!!" Tirek yelled as he started to bleed from the burn of energy hitting him before it quickly healed. "Who dares to attack me from behin..." He says turning around and noticing the grey clad warrior.

"Didn't your mother tell you not to pick on creatures smaller than you?" The human said with a smirk.

"Hello Tirek, long time no see!" He quickly adds before sending a boxing glove of grey light into Tirek's jaw, sending him flying for a moment.

"Run! Don't worry about me, just get your friends to the tree!" He yells to the alicorn before facing the centaur as he started to rise from his fall.

"I'll handle this..." He added, his suit, ring, and eyes flashing red.


Twilight was running for her life as the creature and tirek battled. 'What....what was that!' She asked herself as she ran to the tree of harmony. 'Whatever he is, I hope he'll be okay...'.

"Twilight?! How in tarnation did ya get away from Tirek?!" Twilight heard from below her as she came running into the cavern that held the tree, where her friends were waiting around the mysterious chest.

"Long story that'll have to wait! We need to hurry!!" She said before placing her key into the chest.


"Urrgh....it's been a long time old friend!" Tirek shouted before sending a blast of magic at the grey lantern.

"I'm not your friend Tirek!" He said reflecting the blast with a shield construct. "Anyone that would cause this much destruction just for power is no friend of mine!"

This caused Tirek to laugh. "You say that as if you have done no wrong, Or should I remind you of your red and orange light?" He says causing the lantern to freeze as he remembers what he had done all those years ago before he was hit with a blast from Tirek, knocking him down to the ground with a sickening crack as his arm and leg breaks.

"So, this is 'Harmony's knight'? The one that helped the princesses banish me all those years ago? Pathetic." Tirek says lifting the human up to eyes level.

"I have to wonder how you lasted this long against me." He says before hearing the human laugh through his pain.

"W...who said....I was trying to beat you? I was...only giving Twilight.... Time." He says with a smirk as his ring changes his suit to a violet color.

"Ready when you are girls!" He yells before blasting Tirek in the face with violet light causing the centaur to drop him as a beam of rainbow light hit Tirek.

"No! I will not be denied!" Tirek yells, the magic slowly being drained from him but not fast enough as he let loose another blast of magic at the six with the intent to kill before it is dispelled by a violet shield made of crystal.

"You will not harm these ponies!" The now violet lantern yelled, pushing back against tirek's blast.

'I can't hold this for long....only one thing to! I just hope I don't die from this...' He thought to himself as he pushed against the blast with the crystal shield.
"Fore hearts long lost and full of fright! For those alone in blackest night! Accept our ring and join our fight! Love conquers all with violet light!" with that the shield as well as the power of harmony grew stronger and brighter, siphoning all of Tirek's magic and returning it to all of the ponies he had left powerless before being imprisoned in tartarus once again.

As the others started to cheer for their success before they were interrupted by the sound of the human collapsing onto the ground, passed out from pain and exhaustion.

Comments ( 3 )

Just based on the story description, I can tell that you're badly in need of an editor.

6807439 *hangs head*:fluttershyouch: yeah...I know that I suck at this....but I am looking for an editor.
EDIT: was that an offer or a statement?:rainbowhuh: Just wondering.:pinkiecrazy:

English is your second language, isn't it?

Login or register to comment