• Published 9th Aug 2016
  • 834 Views, 38 Comments

80 Days: Under the Waves - Sharp Spark



The aristocratic and well-to-do unicorn Flash Fog has made a wager that she could circumnavigate the globe in only eighty days. With the assistance of her loyal valet, Porter Stout, Madame Fog is ready to face any adventures the journey may lead to.

  • ...
1
 38
 834

.

I immediately leapt to defend the citizens, rushing to the streets and seizing the weapon of a fallen pirate guard. The pale invaders were monsters from a nightmare, eyeless equines with gaping, slavering voids for mouths. They pursued anything that moved with a relentless fervor, including even fleeing children.

I fought as best as I could, interposing myself between the vulnerable and their attackers to try and buy time for the civilians to flee. Alone, however, I found myself hopelessly outmatched, and many times I saw my life pass before my eyes.

Somehow, however, I held on, fighting a rearward retreat that followed the fleeing populace. Only when I found my back to the wall of seawater did I realize my mistake; while the sharkponies dove into the ocean to flee into open waters, I had no similar capability. I was weighing my possibilities when rescue arrived in the form of Madame Fog.

While I had been waging a valiant but hopeless war, she had used the time to seek help. Thus she arrived with a weary band of sharkpony guards, nursing a wide variety of wounds.

“We are escaping, Porter,” she commanded, and I had no remaining strength to argue.

I clung to the back of one of the sharkponies as we swam away…