• Published 9th Nov 2016
  • 619 Views, 14 Comments

The Unexpected Events in the Life of a Vampire Bat Pony - Ankaru



When a cute little bat filly comes to town, it is an odd event. When she is made a princess in order to hide what she really is, things just spiral down from there

  • ...
2
 14
 619

Chapter 2

A trail of staggered hoofprints marked the path of the only traveler through the sun bleached desert of southern Equestria. The heat was nearly unbearable, and the stench of sweat and sounds of desperate panting were the only accompaniment for the young bat pony.


It had been a day or two since she set out from her temporary home hidden deep within the bowels of the Macintosh Hills. Silent Wish’s stomach growled its displeasure to add to the sense of time passing. She wasn't quite sure how long it had been since she last ate.


“Oh man...I should have stayed home. The old geezer definitely didn't give me enough to get to the next town. Or maybe I should have not ate it all before I left the mountains.” Another growl from her stomach proved her point. She sighed tiredly. “At least I can't die from starvation. Or can I?”


It was at that point when Silent Wish walked into a solid object. With a loud grunt and a thump of landing on her butt, she winced as she glanced up to try and focus on the giant rock that she somehow failed to spot.


A small round thing with long legs stretched over the top of the rock, shaking its tiny stick-like legs at her and seeming to yell in anger.


“Oh! What are you? Did I disturb you? I apologize.” Silent Wish got back up onto her hooves and gave the rock a wide berth, watching the black speck of a creature scurry back to the shadows of its home.


At that point, Silent heard a strange warbling sound coming from above, like the cause of the round creature’s departure. A loud and heavily distorted voice issued forth from the strange craft, shaped like a chrome covered bullet with wings, hovering above her on jets of almost invisible energy. “Hey you down there! You shouldn't be in this area! It isn't safe! We're coming down to take you home!”


Silent Wish simply stood and stared in awe as the vehicle descended with speed to gently land on the sands, blowing some sand away and blinding the girl. A door opened on the side and a stallion in a dark blue uniform beckoned to her to come closer.


As Silent came closer, the stallion took her arm and tugged her quickly into the vehicle before slamming shut the smooth metallic door, causing Silent to pout. “You don't have to be so rough, you know.”


“Sorry ma'am. But this area is pretty dangerous. Don't want to be out there for too long.” It was then that the stallion's partner, this one in the same uniform with exception of three yellow chevrons on his shoulders, took notice of the filly's arms and most importantly her wings.


“I've seen ponies like you before. I think in the history books at school?” He said as he lifted the visor of his flight helmet. Sharp green eyes and brown fur stood in stark contrast to the black helmet.


“I'm Silent Wish. I thought I was the last of the bat ponies. Does that mean there are more?” the filly asked excitedly. Her excitement faded almost instantly as the first stallion, a Pegasus with blue wings that nearly matched his outfit, shook his head slowly.


“Sorry girl. Far as I know, it's been about a thousand years or so. Ever since Princess Luna tried to take over the country. I'm Lance, by the way. A Corporal with Her Majesty’s royal guard.” The Pegasus held his hand out to shake, but Silent was being true to her namesake. She slowly sat down on one of the cushioned seats and stared out into space, replaying her conversations with the Doctor in her mind. “Hey. You alright?”


“I...I don't know.” Silent Wish said after a moment of silence. “I don't know what to think. My, uh, friend said that it's only been 200 years since I...fell asleep. Has he been lying to me this whole time?”


The last stallion in the vehicle, a gruff sound unicorn with a headset over his ears peaked his head around the pilot seat. “If’n you really been asleep for 200 years, or especially if it's been a thousand, I think we gotta call it in. See what to do with ya, since you aren't technically a citizen. Give me a minute.”


“Command, this is Artemis 5, requesting advice on a person of interest we picked up out in the Dust. Yeah, it's important. Let’s just she's part of a piece of history that was thought lost to time.” The beige unicorn spoke to whoever was listening in his headset microphone for a few more minutes. Silent wasn't exactly paying attention. Her thoughts were elsewhere. Finally the pilot spoke up. “Well alright little lady. We're to take you to Canterlot for an interview with the Princesses. Command radioed ahead and said it was all clear. Princess Luna especially seemed interested. It'll be an hour or so. Might want to get some shuteye.”


Silent Wish said nothing. She merely continued staring out into the distance at the barren wasteland that seemed to stretch on for miles.


The only sound in the flying car was her stomach growling for food, followed by childish giggling from everyone else.