• Published 30th Dec 2016
  • 1,078 Views, 26 Comments

Rainbows of the Sun - IBlitz2000



A group of armed ponies sent by an infamous organisation took Twilight and the ones that she care about as hostages and demanded Princess Celestia to step down from power. Hope was fading until a group of counter-terrorist operators intervened.

  • ...
1
 26
 1,078

Chapter 3

Cadence, Twilight, Spike and Starlight were at the castle garden in a gazebo that faced the entire garden. The garden was filled with greenery, like trees, grass and bushes that were trimmed to shapes of various animals, like birds, rabbits and etc. There were flowers too, that covered most of the garden. Celestia went out, to visit the Changeling Kingdom to discuss the changeling/pony relations with the new leader, Thorax.

Cadence and Starlight were getting to know each other better.

“So, how is your life in Equestria now, after what you did was… unacceptable.” Cadence spoke hesitantly. At the same time, she also spoke in an apologetic tone. Clearly, she did not want bring back bad memories when Starlight tried to change the future, which could have ended with a huge impact upon Equestria. She felt sorry for what Starlight did, because of her disdain for cutie marks that was a consequence of losing her youth companion, Sunburst when he picked up his, giving her a contorted origination of "equality".

“I’m really sorry for being rude for asking that question, which you are not satisfied in answering. I understand if you do not want to tell me.” Cadence had a remorseful look on her face.

“It’s ok; I understand and respect your sympathy, but now, everything is fine.” Starlight spoke with a smile on her face, which warmed Cadence’s heart.

Twilight and Spike smiled at both of them, seeing how they bonded quickly. “I’m happy for both of them.” Twilight whispered to Spike.

“Yeah, they are already friends.” Spike whispered back.


At the other side of the castle, Copper and his White Masks group were roaming around the castle with the armor they had acquired as disguises. Their main guns were still in the crates as they wanted to take over the castle strategically.

However, they hid handguns and knives in the armor that they were wearing just in case, if they somehow got caught.

They also had learned that Princess Celestia went out of the castle, from eavesdropping the guards’ conversation, which is exactly what they wanted to know. Plus, there were remaining royalty in the castle, which could be used as a bargaining chip to pressure Celestia into heeding their demands.

As they came across guards, they took them out and hid their bodies in any room, where no one usually goes into without any trace of blood, due to how precise and quickly they managed to hide them.

Once they had gotten rid of the guards inside and the outside, they proceeded to the gardens and saw four figures in the gazebo. Copper smiled with delight that everything so far has been going according to plan. The imposters hid their knives and approached the four figures.


As Cadence, Twilight, Spike and Starlight were about to go back into the castle, Cadence noticed a large group of guards seemed to head towards her. All of the sudden, she felt a bad vibe coming from these guards, as if she knew that they were not who they actually are.

“Your highness, may you and your friends follow us, please?” Copper step forward in front of her, as Starlight, Twilight and Spike turned their face at the guards. They also felt the same bad vibes about them.

“Why? Is there a problem?” Cadence asked with a suspicious look on her face.

Suddenly, she felt a metallic object thrusted behind her head.

“Do as he says, or I’ll put a hole at the back of your head.” A gruff voice spoke threateningly. Cadence took a glance behind her and saw a “guard” pointing a small and black object at her.

Twilight, Spike and Starlight also had a barrel behind each of their heads. Their eyes widened with surprise in them.

“What’s going on?” Spike asked with a confused and terrified voice.

“Shut up, dragon, unless you want to have a hole at the back of your head!” another impostor snarled, while cocking the hammer of his gun, to insert more fear into Spike.

Cadence faced Copper that was speaking to her from the start. Her eyes narrowed in anger.

“What do you want and who are you? Leave them out of this!” Cadence growled through her gritted teeth as Twilight and her friends are in serious trouble. She was about to draw her breath to call out the guards, until the impostor raised a hoof.

“Don’t even bother calling for the guards. We already took care of them.” Copper’s face was calm.

“And don’t even bother using your magic, or do you want your friends’ heads to be blown up, as quickly as a blink of an eye?” a White Masks Unicorn added.

“Now, don’t make me ask another time. Please, follow us.” Copper narrowed his eyes this time.

Copper’s group guided their hostages roughly, to what seems like a living room with various kinds of furniture and wall decorations, like the twin swords that were hung above a fireplace. The room has limited windows, meaning that it would be difficult for any pony to enter the room during a lockdown.

They tied Cadence, Twilight, Spike and Starlight, while barrels were still behind their heads.

The same White Mask Unicorn walked in front of them with venomous eyes.

“Now, three of you…” he pointed at Cadence, Twilight and Starlight. Twilight and Starlight were unsure what this unicorn wanted, but whatever it is, it’s not good. The Unicorn also nodded at the others and they took out several devices that looked like headphones with a siren LED light on top of it. They placed the devices on the heads of Twilight, Cadence and Starlight.

“Alright, if one of you uses your magic, that device would let out a loud, high-pitched sound that will interrupt your concentration in your magic-casting. Furthermore, the LEDs would also flash. If it does… well, let’s hope you could handle some… intense pain.” The White Masks Unicorn grinned sinisterly.

Twilight, Cadence, Starlight and Spike looked at each other with worried faces as if any traces of magic was detected by the devices on their heads, it would mean that pain and suffering would be inevitable no matter how powerful their magic could be. It’s true that Alicorns and Unicorns need to concentrate when using their magic. If they did not concentrate and using their magic at the same time, it would end up being less effective or it doesn’t work at all. In serious cases, their magic would backfire.

“Ahem, thank you for that lecture. I’m sure they will heed your warning, isn’t right?” Copper asked rhetorically as he looked into his hostages’ eyes.

“Good. Well then, time to make some big demands…” Copper smirked.


An hour later, Celestia and her guards were standing outside of the castle gates, looking solemnly at the castle. The citizens of Canterlot were evacuated to Ponyville as their safezone, as it was heavily guarded.

She was alerted by the news of armed ponies that have invaded the castle. She was thankful that her sister was not in the castle as she went out on other political issues with other species, but she was worried by the sudden news and she hurried back to settle the matter.

Before she arrived, the guards outside the castle gates negotiated with the armed ponies, but there was no progress to be made as they made big demands, like abdicate the Princesses’ of Equestria and handing the power to them. They also said that if none of these demands are fulfilled, they would terminate the hostages.

“I want full progress on the situation at hand.” Celestia ordered sternly.

“Negotiations are not working. We need to change our methods.” The captain of the strike team said grimly.

“We have to attack.”

“We must not have a direct assault on them; they might hurt or kill the hostages, which I do not want that to happen.” Celestia said with a glare imposed on the castle.

“Your highness, couldn’t one of us teleport into the castle and attack?” The captain said.

“It might be tempting, but we do not have any information about the armed ponies. We must not underestimate them at all cost, even if we have magic. They might a Unicorn among them.” Celestia spoke thoughtfully.

“Moreover, if they are fully armed and have numbers at their advantage, I’m afraid we have to think about it for now, until we have the information we need to counter them.”

“Yes, your highness, I’m afraid so.” The captain answered solemnly.

Author's Note:

This is the third chapter of my story, please give me constructive criticism once again.

Phew, that took a while to do as I did not had the time to do this chapter as my reason is in my blog post, that I posted few days ago.

Thank you to those who read, give thumbs up and commented this story. you guys are the best :)