• Published 7th Dec 2017
  • 639 Views, 0 Comments

Lacklustre-y Things - LackLustre



Or TotallyNotIceStar writes more things that aren't okay maybe.

  • ...
4
 0
 639

'Starry Sorority' (Before Starlight got her Backstory) [T]

Author's Note:

This is a very old and very scrapped piece from what has got to be from like, 2015 and was recently uncovered from my old old writing stuff. Sometimes, when I was having harder times brainstorming ideas and whatnot for my main stuff, I'd sit down, pull up a doc, and just type some crazier ideas and see how far I could roll with it. Or write them out by hand. It varied. One of the stories I wrote out by hand and then thought might be worth transcribing was this.

Because puns, I called it Starry Sorority, and it featured Starlight and Sunset as twins (fraternal) growing up with their single daddo Seafood Dinner. While Sunset is the princess' student and super popular and all that and a smart girl, Starlight is a slightly angsty gal that's not super bright, struggles in the school she goes with, and loves when her sis visits more than anything. She has vague memories about when her mother ran off, and doesn't like having her sis live all the way with Princess Celestia.

And one day, when she comes home from school, ready to start her homework or something, and waiting for her father and sister to come home, (the first does) she overhears Seafood and Princess Celestia of all ponies talking. From there, she learns that Sunset has vanished oh no.

This sparks in Starlight some angsty shit I literally do not remember because it has been so long and for all I know I started doing this as a joke because of all the "Starlight is Sunny's mom" stuff that was there for a while and I can't remember where I put the full first draft. It ended with Starlight as a runaway, her dark 'philosophy' starting to show and with the goal to a) find her sister b) make ponies equal and c) find her mother because she can. It wasn't all that great, but it was writing practice.

And it still eats less ass than her actual backstory.

But what's below is unedited and unfinished, but if you wanna read it and lemme know what you think, go ahead.

Star skipped home happily causing her schoolbags to bounce with a thud-thud-thud.
Today was a very lucky Friday for her. she got a C+ on a spelling test! Normally she got a lower mark but maybe her good luck charms finally helped her.
Star's horn ignited with aura as she reached up towards her ears and telekineticly twirled her large silver, sparkly clip on earrings.
Across the Canterlot street she noticed some of her classmates playing hopscotch.
They ignored her of course, Star had no friends.
But she did have a sister.

...

With a quick turn of my copy of the house key I stepped into the f-o-y-e-r and sighed.
It was good to be home, I thought as I closed the door. A muffled thud sounded as I dropped my schoolbags, overstuffed with homework and t-r-i-n-k-e-t-s.
Once I was free of this b-u-r-d-e-n I trotted over to the large mirror hanging near the cloak hooks and umbrella basket.