• Published 19th Sep 2018
  • 1,089 Views, 19 Comments

The Lost Pie - Crescent Cloud



After Pinkie Pie cloned herself with the mirror pond, one clone got away and went on a journey to Manehattan.

  • ...
0
 19
 1,089

Chapter Four: In Search of Lost Ponies

Suddenly there were too many questions bouncing around in my head, like the Pinkie clones hopping around, taking up too much room and making it almost impossible to focus. I decided to turn off the street into a nearby building, just for a few minutes to clear my head before going back outside into all the bustle. I didn’t even notice what building it was until I was inside. It turned out to be the Manehattan Museum of Equestrian History. I was just going to sit for a moment in the lobby and then go back outside, but something inexplicable kept me in there, and I decided I wanted to look at the exhibits. I gave the mare at the desk three bits – I had twenty – and I went into the body of the museum to have a look around.

I saw some displays of famous/infamous ponies throughout the ages, like Star Swirl the Bearded, princesses Celestia and Luna, King Sombra, and Discord, though he’s not really a pony, of course. Then I saw a wing where they had a display of dragon history, or what little is known of it, as well as some models of different types of dragons. There was also a section about griffins.

Then I came across a display that froze me in place. It was a scene from the founding of Equestria: Princess Platinum, Clover the Clever, Commander Hurricane, Private Pansy, Chancellor Puddinghead, and Smart Cookie, all six standing there, the three leaders frozen by the windigos, and the three underlings thawing the ice of their hatred with their friendship. What struck me was Chancellor Puddinghead, who looked strikingly like Pinkie Pie. I stood on my four hooves, as if welded to the floor, transfixed by the statue, thinking of how it looked so much like her. I thought, if she could so closely resemble Pinkie, yet be completely a different pony, then I must be able to claim my own identity.

That was the first time I thought of changing my name. I think I had it in the back of my mind since Ponyville, but only now did I really ponder the idea. At that moment in the Museum of Equestrian History, I hadn’t the slightest idea what I would begin calling myself. I just knew that Chancellor Puddinghead made me want more than anything to be able to look in a mirror and see someone so similar, yet so different at the same time.