• Published 12th Mar 2021
  • 1,459 Views, 996 Comments

The Immortal Dream - Czar_Yoshi



In the lands north of Equestria, three young ponies reach for the stars.

  • ...
6
 996
 1,459

PreviousChapters
Storm on the Horizon

The Aldenfold was receding. Papyrus could feel the ship losing altitude, could see the mountains towering higher behind him than ahead of him, and through gaps in the peaks in the distance, could see occasional sparkles from the sea.

In many ways, nothing had changed over the last few days. He was still standing at the prow of an airship, staring at the open horizon. He still had no satisfactory reason for being here, as opposed to a corpse in the mountains where Starlight had slain him long ago. He was still chasing a plan he only nebulously was attached to, only now, it was to follow his old minions and see what life had in store for them as opposed to trying to re-conquer the Griffon Empire. It didn't help that they had flip-flopped three times over the last two days on whether to go or stay.

But there were some differences. The biggest one was, he wasn't out here alone.

"Having the next round of second thoughts yet?" Papyrus asked, glancing over his shoulder at the mare beside him.

"Give me a little credit. I'm not that wishy-washy," Senescey said, leaning on one side as she stared wistfully out at the horizon. "Now that we're actually leaving, it's easier for me to see that this is the right choice."

Papyrus raised an eyebrow. "You mean you didn't think that the last three times you changed your mind?"

"It wasn't that many," Senescey protested, ears going back with a hint of indignation.

"Wasn't it?" Papyrus grinned and leaned in. "Let me count those for you: first, you decided the Empire was far too dangerous due to Consuls with Chrysalis powers running about and wanted to leave, then we got that letter implying the Consul had some critical gaps in his knowledge we could exploit and decided to get back in the ring, and finally we saw his creepy collection of frozen sphinx corpses in the castle's maintenance wing and noped back out of there. One, two, three."

Senescey sighed. "All of those were unanimous decisions that you were part of too, remember? It wasn't just me changing their mind."

"Ah, but I relinquished my position as our fearless leader right before the very first flip-flop," Papyrus countered, raising a single taunting feather. "What was it you said, again? 'Come on, Papyrus, take a chance on me'? You might have talked me into it, but I was still just playing along with what you wanted."

"So do you think this isn't the right choice?" Senescey frowned. "Do you want me to second-guess myself even more and go back for round three? Just because we voted unanimously every time we switched course doesn't mean that no one had reservations. And right now I have a lot fewer reservations about trying something new than I did about trying to manipulate that Consul."

"Trying something new," Papyrus said, staring out at the passing mountains. "So when will I get to hear what this 'taking each day as it comes' thing actually entails? Don't get me wrong, I have nothing better to do with my time, but if it was as simple as doing what we want, then there shouldn't have been a problem with choosing to go back and screw with the Consul. When have we ever not just done what we wanted?"

"It's not that simple," Senescey said. "I have more than one desire. Vengeance. Redemption. Making it all count for something. Staying alive. And all of them are knotted up around the Empire. When everything is up in my face like that, our lives are in danger and there's a noble we could exploit, how am I supposed to decide which one I want most? It's like everything I want is screaming at me that if I don't choose it now, it'll become forever out of reach."

She cleared her throat. "And maybe that's what I want. This is a gamble that I'll be happier if payback for all the things that happened in my foalhood is completely off the table. Maybe I won't be. But it's what I want to try."

After a moment of silence, she added, "You can ask my sisters about this too, you know? I'm just trying to figure out what they figured out two decades ago when they walked out on our plans. They probably have it much more put together than me."

Papyrus considered that. Then he yawned. It was going to be a long flight back to Equestria... and if this was really the plan he was placing his bets on, it was probably worth his time to help it along a little.


Larceny was the easier of the trio to find, holed up on the bridge with Braen, the ship's patient and unsleeping pilot. For some reason, they were talking about Halcyon.

"Telling stories about everyone's favorite soloist, are we?" Papyrus asked, squeezing himself into the conversation as Braen tried to recount how she introduced Halcyon to Fort Starlight.

"Papyrus!" Braen chirped, the one member of the crew who could be legitimately enthusiastic to see him.

"Hello," Larceny said.

Papyrus eyed Larceny up, sitting on a bench in her same old bathrobe with her same old dye job that wasn't recent enough to cover her roots. "We did get old Luna to fix you up a bit before flying out here, right? Because you still look a little..." He rubbed his wingtips together and gave a dressed-up grimace. "Perky?"

"I told you how this was going to work when you recruited me," Larceny said, impassive. "Even if my body got fixed, I've still given all I had to give. Didn't think you'd actually be able to arrange it, but facts are still facts."

"Oh, you and your facts," Papyrus chuckled. "You know, old Sen... Err, I mean, Leitmotif is trying her level best to come up with a plan for her life that's good enough to warrant talking me down from reconquering the Empire, and she seems to think you're the expert since you've been quietly and peacefully retired for the last epoch."

"I suppose I am," Larceny said.

"Yes, living in a cave, very peaceful and fulfilling," Papyrus agreed, nodding along. "Random aside: do you want your lovely sisters to follow you down that road?"

Larceny gave him a questioning look that cared just a little more than she wanted to let on.

"Straightforward question," Papyrus encouraged. "Is your life a model you'd be happy for your loved ones to follow?"

Larceny's eyes shadowed. "I betrayed my family and my entire world. I was crippled in an apocalyptic war. I bought my way across the sea with the only thing I had to offer and got pregnant as a result, and lived the rest of my life off of charity as a helpless refugee. What do you think?"

"Oh, I already know you're a messed-up bag of regrets," Papyrus told her with a gentle smile. "In fact, I'm fairly sure you acted like this back in the good old days to begin with. But here's the thing: Senescey thinks you're the role model. I mean Sen-! I mean Leitmotif. That's what I meant to say. Anyway, she looks up to you! Somehow remembers you more for the whole betrayal thing than whatever mess you made afterwards, not that I can fathom why. Now, I don't know if anyone else feels like making decisions around here, but I've passed the buck to her and you clearly don't want to, which means she's trying to figure out what to do and looking to your example as a primary source of inspiration. Is that really what you want?"

Larceny blinked at him. "What?"

Papyrus shrugged. "Not that I expect she'll retrace your steps perfectly, seeing as we already have a ship and are mostly clear of any war zones, but partying it up in a boring cave? Maybe you think you've burnt yourself to a stub, but she hasn't. Neither have I! Can you imagine the two of us trying to pretend decades don't exist while watching paint dry?"

"That's why she won't," Larceny grunted. "If pretending you're doing it for her sake is the only way you can tell me to get my life together, then knock yourself out. But she'll be fine. She met me in Icereach and knows where my path led. Thanks for your concern."

Papyrus's eyes went wide with indignation. "I'll have you know I'm doing this for my own sake, thank you very much? She's our captain now, and as a loyal and obedient follower that means I sink or swim with everyone else. Simple as that."

Larceny didn't have a reply to that, and Papyrus actually found himself stewing. Why even did he come down here, anyway? Right, because Senescey encouraged it...

"Well," Braen said, breaking the awkward silence. "Papyrus probably has plenty of Halcyon stories from Ironridge. Nehaley collects Halcyon stories. Great way to break ice?"

"Yes, that does remind me!" Papyrus perked up. "Excellent story, right here: the first time we met, I did the old introduce-myself-as-Gazelle joke, and it fell flat because she didn't even know who that was. Then one of us challenged the other to a duel, I don't remember how it happened, but I beat her up. Those the kind of stories you're looking for?"

"Of course Papyrus did," Braen sighed.

Larceny did react, however. "Do you remember how you felt about Lyn, in the Empire?"

"The same way I feel about her now," Papyrus replied primly. "Speaking of which, here's hoping Starlight got her own act together and is off to save Ironridge, because it would be a crying shame if we had to interrupt our happily-ever-after to blitz back to Riverfall and rescue her."

"Right," Larceny sighed, "you mentioned you were in the same boat... Well, you would do anything for Lyn, and I would do anything for Halcyon. She's my legacy. It's as simple as that. But I've bought Halcyon the time she needs to find her own agency in the world, and seen her safely to Equestria. My work is done. If you really think that your place in life is to learn something from me, then you should do what it takes to ensure Lyn has what she needs for her new life. And if that doesn't bring you peace, then we're just not the same. Satisfied?"

Papyrus frowned. "That's all very well and good for me, but Leitmotif?"

Larceny fiddled with her bathrobe. "I thought you were bothering me for your own sake."

"Whatever," Papyrus said, flicking his tail and wandering away. "Suppose I'll go look for someone else to annoy in the meantime-"

"Papyrus, wait!" Braen urged. "Last line of mountains is approaching. No missing out on first good view of sea!"

Papyrus rolled his eyes. "I've spent weeks on end looking at nothing but the sea. But fine, if you insist..."

He walked back to the windshield, sat down and watched, an eager Braen positioned between him and Larceny. She was almost more interesting to watch than the terrain, her luminescent mechanical eyes glowing brighter as they met the evening sun reflecting off the sea. What right did a robot have looking so happy to get out and see the world?

Admittedly, Papyrus had spent enough time around Valey to know that Braen wasn't just a robot. No one had trusted him with the finer details of what she had going on inside, but it was impossible not to pick up on. And however Valey and Shinespark had put her together to be able to appreciate the same old ocean with such wonder twenty times in a row... Couldn't they have knocked some of that into him before he left for his own adventure? For all the little attention he paid to Braen, he had never once seen her bored.

Her mechanical expression did slowly darken as she looked out at the horizon, though, an impressive feat of engineering given that her face was made entirely of metal. "Look at western horizon," she said, as Papyrus followed her gaze to see what she saw. "Big, big storm in distance."

A storm there was, a long, dark band that smothered the horizon, just below the early evening sun. It had to be at least several hours away, but it stretched on far enough that there would be no dodging it to the south.

"Well, well," Papyrus mused. "We didn't get much inclement weather on the trip east. Could this perchance mean we're in for a bumpy night?"

Larceny looked up too at the mention of a storm. "...Eh," she said when she saw it. "I've seen worse. Specs on this boat are good, too. We'll be fine."

"Very bumpy version of fine," Braen elaborated. "Papyrus is afraid of bumps?"

"Me? Not on your life," Papyrus chuckled eagerly. "But I can think of someone who might be! Play up that storm's badness for me, chums. This is going to be great!"


"Well," Felicity said, wielding a telescope a few minutes later as everyone assembled on the bridge. "I can't say that storm falls outside of this ship's specifications. Her Majesty wouldn't have outfitted us with a vessel unfit for the elements. But that storm looks big enough that it would be rather time-consuming to go around it, and flying through would make it rather difficult to get any sleep."

For her part, Floria was already living up to Papyrus's expectations. "This vessel has been tested in conditions like that?" she pressed, tail lashing nervously as she awaited her next turn with the telescope. "How recently? Does anyone have a copy of its certification?"

"Yes," said Larceny, unwilling to play along with Papyrus's request to talk up the storm. "It'll be fine."

Braen was a much better sport. "Braen has never flown in big storm before," she warned cheerfully, rotating back and forth in the pilot's chair. "Might get teensy tiny bit bumpy. But first time for everything!"

Floria gritted her teeth. "I am less afraid of bumpiness than I am of being thrown into a death spiral by winds we cannot control and dashed into the sea. Could we not retreat into the mountains, land in a valley and use its peaks as cover from the wind?"

Senescey shook her head. "Flash floods. We're not landing anywhere a river might spring up. Also, I'd rather not tempt myself to doubt our decision yet again by getting any closer to the Empire, even if it's just to seek shelter."

"Your decision is something you have control over," Floria countered. "The winds are not. But I will accept your point about the rivers. Mother, are there not other parts of these lands we could take shelter in from the storm?"

Felicity pondered this. "Well..."

Senescey raised an eyebrow.

"Eh, probably not," Papyrus cut in, stepping between Floria and Felicity with a faux-reassuring grin. "We wouldn't want to lose time anyway. It's imperative that we get to wherever we decide to go next!"

Floria gaped at him. "Do you want to toy with death? I was under the impression the whole reason we opted to leave the Empire after coming all this way was that it was too risky, and yet now you would throw us into those winds for no good reason whatsoever?"

"Why not?" Papyrus shrugged. "Do you not believe in our skilled and experienced pilot?"

Floria raised an eyebrow.

"Here," Papyrus beckoned, motioning towards the door to the galley. "I always find a nice, heavy meal soothes my nerves before a stressful situation. I'll even keep you company once the turbulence hits!"

"You savage monster," Floria said, her voice so cold she almost sounded impressed. "Mother, surely you would find this 'turbulence' disagreeable to your own constitution, even if you disregard the threat to your lifespan."

Felicity shook her head. "Most of the lands south of the Empire belong to Griffonstone, a quasi-Equestrian nation populated by the lawless and greedy. I can't exactly recommend the place as a port of harbor, although perhaps..."

Papyrus raised an eyebrow. As tempting as it was to see Floria lose her lunch to the storm, lawless and greedy bandits sounded fun. He hadn't bashed any bandits since his days as a sphinx, and surely they would make for acceptable targets, right?

"It's been over a decade," Felicity warned. "But I do have an old acquaintance in this area whom we could opt to trouble. More of a former business partner, actually. He's... well, not what I would call a perfectly upstanding character, but he does owe me a favor..."

Floria fixed her with a demanding look.

"Well?" Larceny prompted.

"On the one hoof," Felicity began, "he has a large estate, is quite well off, and already knows about Floria so we wouldn't have to jump through any hoops to protect her identity. On the other, I technically last spoke to him after fulfilling my end of a business deal and then left before seeing it through to its results. Which one would like to think would put some leverage in our favor, though Equestrian griffons are notorious for disliking being in debt. He's also very opportunistic, has a large ego, and is quick to judge others based on the size of their wallets."

Papyrus clapped his forehooves together. "Old debts and opportunistic business partners, sounds like a fantastic combination! They're not the kind who would have instant death powers like we were worried about from the Consul, are they? Because this sounds like a perfect consolation prize getaway for missing out on having fun in the Empire..." He gave Floria a teasing look.

Floria scowled, but also hesitated. "I am more concerned with not finding myself at the bottom of the sea than receiving compensation for my time flying out here. But... I... suppose I would not say no to a chance to actually socialize beyond my existing circle. Not as if I do not already have to deal with the morally odious on a regular basis."

Papyrus kept up his grin. As much fun as she was to tease, he hadn't forgotten his resolution to find something productive for her to do in the Empire, even if it was now moot. This filly needed an adventure to help her lighten up, and everything Felicity had said ticked all the right boxes for the perfect amount of shadiness. He'd be willing to sacrifice seeing her flop about like a fish as the ship deck bucked in the storm if it meant seeing this instead.

"Felicity?" Senescey looked to her. "Think it's worth it?"

Felicity nodded. "The odds of things getting interesting are quite a bit higher than zero, though the most likely way it goes wrong is that he simply isn't here anymore. But we do have quite the impressive resumes between us, and unlike with that Consul business, I think we're more than up to the task of getting out of anything we get ourselves into."

"Very well, then," Floria instructed, as no one tried to argue. "Please take us there at once."


Papyrus could feel a cold front beginning as the ship flew east, away from the storm and the sea and towards the edge of the world.

Far below, the coastline was shaped roughly like a griffon's thumb, the sea curling into the land in a great bay with a narrow peninsula sticking out from the eastern coast like an errant talon and protecting the bay's entrance. To the east of the bay, a snarled forest sprung up, sporting a thick, dense canopy that clearly took in plenty of rain.

To the south, though, the foliage abruptly fell off into a desert, so quickly that Papyrus realized it must have been the mountain runoff that the trees were actually drinking. Storms in the north would always come down from the mountains, but it seemed that storms in this area instead tried to go up the mountains and broke themselves on the slopes. Either way, apart from the runoff and its forest, the land east of the bay was mostly barren, sporting the same kind of layered, brown and yellow, dust and rock mountains that made up Everlaste.

Looking at it drove home the old stories that the Aldenfold wasn't a natural formation. In the days when it wasn't here, Everlaste's mountains had probably stretched up and down the world's eastern borders with their unique mesa geography. Then the Aldenfold sprung up between them, folded and pointy, a completely different type of mountain.

The storm was closing in on them, so it was fortunate that they didn't have far to go: just as they bay was starting to grow distant, Papyrus spotted a building in the forest that had to be their destination.

"Is that it?" Floria asked, standing next to him and everyone else on the deck, her fear of the storm outweighing her dislike of Papyrus. "That old stone castle?"

Sure enough, the forest gave way to a compound, held back by crumbling, mossy stone walls. The compound sported a small river and more than enough field space to park an airship, but most of it was taken up by a four-story chateau, with an elegantly sloped roof and dark wood blending in with the old stone that made up its smooth walls. Lights gleamed from its windows, and though no one was visible on the lawn, Papyrus could already see multiple silhouettes beyond the windows inside.

Thunder rumbled in the distance behind them. The storm was close enough now that a telescope was definitely uncalled for.

"Well," Felicity remarked, "I daresay we had better hope he is amenable to our visit, because we're not going to have time to pursue a backup."

Braen lowered the airship swiftly, everyone else present and ready on the deck. The canopy and then the walls rose up around them as the ship's landing gear extended, and with a stiff rocking motion, they finally touched down.

More thunder. The walls were high enough that Papyrus could no longer see the approaching storm, but he gave it less than twenty minutes until arrival.

"Darling," Felicity said, patting Papyrus on the shoulder with a wing as she passed him to walk down the gangplank. "Remember to let me handle the negotiations until we see what kind of welcome we're going to receive."

Floria followed her lead, giving him a look that requested a little more bluntly for him to not mess things up.

"What?" Papyrus followed them with a shrug. "Believe it or not, I know quite a bit about diplomacy..."

No one came to greet them as they crossed the manor grounds, though Papyrus was certain they were being watched. As they approached the entrance, however, the doors opened for them, a normal-sized doorway cut into the giant dark oak double doors that could be used for purposes not grand enough to move the big ones.

Out stepped two pre-teen grifflets, one male and one female, both wearing elaborately custom-tailored suits replete with dark purples and blues, oversized buttons, ruffled white undershirts and even cravats. They bowed with practiced synchronization. "Welcome to the Manor of the Forest King."

"Hello there," Felicity greeted in return, sounding slightly uncertain whether they ought to be treated as children or butlers. "Does this estate still belong to one Lord Gawain? And if so, could we impose upon his hospitality to come inside?"

The male grifflet nodded. "You picked an odd hour at which to arrive. But the manor does yet remain in my father's possession, and will do so for decades to come."

The female one just pushed the door wider, gesturing for everyone to enter by jabbing over her shoulder with a thumb. "Storm's on the way, and you wouldn't be here if you weren't desperate. Inside."

Papyrus brought up the rear along with Braen. The foyer was long and well-lit, balconies spanning both sides on the second floor. It looked like the kind of place that should have been silent except for the wind, the atmosphere charged with austere creepiness... and yet instead, it rang with the sounds of children playing.

The door creaked shut behind them as the grifflets pushed it closed.

Papyrus's ears twitched with the effort of keeping his mouth shut, following Felicity's instructions and avoiding making a scene. But a mansion with child butlers had to be commented on, right? Right?

"Now then," said the male grifflet, bowing to the party, making a much better attempt to restrain his visible curiosity about their eclectic composition than many of the adults Papyrus had bet. "What business have you at our estate? I see not a single griffon among your number."

Floria's tail flicked. "You're rather precocious, aren't you?"

Felicity held out a wing to quiet her. For his part, Papyrus stifled a reflex to gloat: sure, she had just failed at something he was trying very hard to do himself, but this could not be framed as a competition. The moment he thought of himself as someone Floria was allowed to compete against, that would put the possibility of him losing on the table, and that would allow her to enact revenge for a full month of his annoyances.

"My name is Felicity," Felicity said, bowing. "I'm an old business partner of Lord Gawain's. Might he be willing to grant us an audience?"

The male grifflet bowed to Floria, completely ignoring Felicity. "I am trained in the nobility's etiquette, as befits one of my moneyed birth. Are you not? Your station is clearly above that of your comrades."

Floria blinked, narrowing her eyes. "And why would you assume that?"

"Because they smell like work," the female grifflet sniffed. "And you don't."

The male grifflet bowed again. "If I have caused offense by addressing you instead of your spokesmare, then I apologize."

At that, the female grifflet gave him a weird look. "Why? You know dad is so rich we probably outrank her even as his children, right? And if we don't, it's her fault for not making that clearer."

The male grifflet shook his head. "The presumption of equality is a tenet of etiquette, Glyre. This is why Father has placed you under my tutelage."

"Excuse me," Floria cut in, clearly just as bothered by their back-and-forth as Papyrus was fascinated by it. "But while I appreciate your concern towards my ego, I am not the leader of this band."

Felicity politely cleared her throat. "That would in fact be me. Now, would it be at all permissible for us to visit Lord Gawain?"

The male grifflet blinked in confusion as his presumable sister made a rude talon gesture at him. She then turned to Felicity. "Dad's in his study so he can watch the storm start," she said. "He likes big weather. You think he likes you enough to share his time with it, then come along. Try not to trip."

Papyrus tried to follow her advice as she led them up two flights of stairs, first to the balcony and then up again, though there really wasn't anything to trip on. On the third floor, the layout of the manor changed, the grifflets leading them down a broad, carpeted hallway and through a door to a room that occupied the full northwestern corner of the building, its walls replaced with a massive window and its roof with a quarter-turn glass pagoda.

It looked like it should have been a greenhouse, though the interior walls were lined with absurdly tall bookshelves, a crackling hearth forming the centerpiece of one and a wide old desk taking up most of the other. Custom-made carpets followed curved pathways around the tables in the rest of the room, some of which were strewn with open books and others of which stood empty. And in the corner, back to them, was a high-backed chair, turned to watch the horizon.

From the small bits of fur, mane or tail poking out from the chair's sides, Papyrus gathered it probably wasn't occupied by just one creature.

"Father," the male grifflet said, bowing. "Is now a permissible time to receive guests? We can make them wait as long as you wish."

"For the record, Glyce was the one who wanted to ask at all, rather than just making them wait," said the female, Glyre.

"I thought I saw an airship flying in," said a refined male voice from the chair, dripping with class in a way that reminded Papyrus why he had once tried to kill all the imperial nobility. "If you came to see me, you got here just in time! There's a storm due tonight, and I suspect it will be quite a show. Not a night to be out flying, indeed not. Now who have we here, and what brings you into the presence of the Forest King?"

The chair turned around, its tall back neatly bisecting the view out the window: the forest canopy to the left, and the slopes of the Aldenfold to the right. Sitting within was a lanky middle-aged griffon with a long face dressed in extraordinarily posh ceremonial armor, red fabric that glittered with gold in the tailoring of an old military suit, replete with pauldrons and a cape. And for reasons that were really better left unexplained, he had no fewer than two mares in his lap.

Both mares, not griffons. Exotic ones, too: a batpony lay curled on his hind legs with her back to Papyrus, looking disinterestedly over her shoulder, and a zebra hung from his side, upright, regarding them warily with her forelegs wrapped around his neck.

Papyrus felt a phantom twitch of the claws he no longer had. Definitely the kind of nobility he once wanted to kill. And the look on Senescey's face was the exact same one she used to use when trying to trick imperial lords into thinking she didn't want the same.

Actually, Floria was doing a pretty good job mimicking that look too. How about that, they were on the same page!

"That countenance..." the griffon noble leaned forward, fixated on Felicity. "Felicity, my old friend? Could it be you?"

"That it is, Blue." Felicity smiled awkwardly. "Though I take it you've abandoned that callsign by now. Long time no see?"

The stupid griffon smiled warmly. "Well, this is an unexpected surprise! Blue I am, though most know me these days as Lord Gawain. I take it these are your traveling companions? Glyce, Glyre, bring drinks for my friend and her entourage! Felicity, it has been far too long."

Papyrus patiently restrained himself from doing anything stupid. Patiently. Very patiently. Did Felicity really have to neglect to mention that her 'old business partner' was a stuck-up blueblood?

"Likewise," Felicity assured him. "I'm glad to see you're still around and in the business."

"Hold that thought," Gawain encouraged, swinging his chair back around to face the window. "I would love to hear what's brought you back out to this distant corner of the world, but let's not get so caught up in our reunion that we miss the opening act of nature's show."

Papyrus's fur prickled as the temperature dropped faster and faster, the flames in the hearth dancing as the pressure swung and played havoc with the air in the chimney. "Maybe this was a better storm to watch from the ground after all," he admitted to no one in particular as a river of clouds boiled over the horizon.

PreviousChapters
Comments ( 4 )
Okie Brony #1 · Monday · · ·

When the last chapter ended on a wicked cliffhanger, I had a feeling that a change in PoV was coming. Another awesome chapter.

Congrats on making the Featured box again. :moustache:

Boopers #2 · Monday · · 1 ·

Definitely the kind of nobility he once wanted to kill.

Yes, I wanna see that happening too!

RoboRed #3 · Monday · · ·

Yep, there's the switch. Back over to the mischief crew!

I had a feeling the POV would change - and this was an interesting chapter. The manor gave me log cabin vibes for some reason and I had "The Hall of the Mountain King" stuck in my head as I read it.

Login or register to comment