• Published 31st Aug 2012
  • 13,616 Views, 1,318 Comments

M0re Than Gam3rs - P3RROHAMBRE



Gamer Luna and Derpy are best friends, with a love of gaming. Will it turn to something more?

  • ...
51
 1,318
 13,616

Level 17 Part 2

WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!

The red light in her visor flashed the words repeatedly, but there was nothing she could do to stop it.

Shielding Offline! Take cover!

But she couldn’t. There was nowhere to run and nowhere to hide. The dirt ground she laid on was all she had. Her friends were occupied with the others, trying their best to not be the pony that lost the game.

They wouldn’t have to worry though. In mere moments, she was going to bear that title.

Her visor was cracked, but it didn’t obstruct the view of the barrel of the silver pistol that was pointed right at her face. Luna’s eyes looked over to the score near the corner of her HUD.

Lunar Team: 150

Solar Team: 240

She couldn’t believe it, but the score was there. How could she have seen this coming? Of all ponies, she was going to be beat by the very one that was the worst in video games.

Or at least she thought the very worst.

Her eyes looked back up to the pistol and then up at a pony covered in white armor, bearing the cutie mark of the sun on her chest.

“Luna! We’re coming Luna!”

She heard Lyra’s voice and then she heard the others, all discussing how they could somehow stop her sister from taking the winning kill.

It was too late though and they would have to pull a miracle out of their asses to come back and win from such a deficit.

“So little sister,” she heard her beloved nemesis say as she took off her helmet and held a satisfied smile, “What was that about karma being a bitch?”

Luna grit her teeth, seeing that Celestia was enjoying this and relishing that she had beaten her.

How did this bucking happen?? How did they beat us? How did she beat me?!

The gun clicked.

“And you know what this means right?”

Luna knew full well what it meant and her face turned a violent red as the image took shape in her mind, because soon it would be a reality.

“I know Tia. A deal’s a deal, so how about you stop rubbing it in and just end this so we could get on with the day.”

Celestia shrugged playfully.

“If you say so Luna...”

The alicorn closed her eyes. She couldn’t believe that she had lost. All that shit talk and confidence was dismantled by her sister and now she was going to pay for it in the form of striped socks and ass-tight panites.

“...but I can’t wait to see how sexy you’re going to look.”

There was a bang.

Then only silence remained.

M0re Than Gam3rs

Level 17-2

Gamer Luna: The Rookie

Earlier. . .

“Holy shit I’m loving this gun right now..”

“Be careful where you point that thing Vinyl.”

“Don’t get your tail in a bunch Bon Bon, I know what I’m doing.”

“Trixie doesn't think so. Maybe it’s best for the lowly DJ to sit out this game and watch greatness at work as Trixie goes out and dominates all!”

“Ha! Yoursh gonna get dominatesh!” she slurred, which added to the humor of the situation.

“I don’t know Berry, she may like that kind of stuff.”

“You’re one to talk Lyra.”

Princess Luna and Derpy Hooves simply watched as their armored friends bickered and shit talked each other. It had only been a few minutes since they all had reunited from what they dubbed as ‘The White Room’ and ended up inside one of the bases on the map.

There was a ramp that led to the outside and above them a small glass looking pathway that acted as a ceiling. The detail was exactly what it was supposed to be within the game. The metals and alloys were perfect and even the pillar that erected out of their base shot it’s usual beams of light here and there.

This was truly a virtual reality for them. Everything looked real from their environment, to their armor, and even the bullets they had loaded into their weapons.

Now they simply waited. In all of their HUD’s there was a timer that counted down to the start of the match.

Luna looked over to hers.

Two minutes left.

That was two minutes until the beginning of the end for her beloved sister. For once, she knew that she had the upper hoof on her sister. Celestia knew nothing about gaming and she made a mistake in trying to challenge the gamer princess to such a thing.

Luna was determined to show her sister how royally she bucked up in the most badass fashion that she can.

Wonder if I should just snapshot her across the map?

Her mind wandered. There was so many ways she could take her down, but she couldn’t choose. Regardless, every one of them made her smile.

Was it a bit creepy and disturbing that she was imagining all the ways she could ‘kill’ her sister?

Possibly.

But her thoughts were halted as Derpy gained her attention.

“Maybe I should’ve picked out the BR than the assault rifle,” she heard Derpy say as she examined her weapon.

“But you do just fine with the Assault Rifle. We already decided that you should get the sniper rifle when we start. It will be a nice backup in case somepony gets close to you.”

There was no arguing that Derpy was the best sniper out of all them. Even with crossed eyes, she would put Deadshot to shame. She was the type of sniper that could tell you how and when she will get you, and no matter what you did, she would somehow find you and pop you right in the dome.

One bullet was all she needed.

Derpy took off her helmet, setting it on the metal floor next to her as she continued looking over the rifle

Luna did the same and held onto her helmet with her foreleg.

“I wouldn’t worry about it Derpy. This is going to be quick anyways. We’re going to demolish my sister’s team.”

Derpy looked up to her with a face of uncertainty accompanied with a small, almost nervous, laugh.

“Well you never know Luna. Isn’t this really your first time actually playing against her? I mean, look at you. You’re really good, so maybe she is too?”

Luna eyed her with confusion, a bit taken back by Derpy’s statement. Did she actually think that they actually had a real fight ahead?

The alicorn knew for a fact that her sister was nothing like her when it came to gaming and it was surprising that her best friend and secret love was actually doubting herself.

“There’s no way in Tartarus that Tia is going to beat us Derpy,” Luna reassured, “You and I have much more experience than her and her team put together.”

Luna looked over to their friends.

“And we have all of them with us.”

Derpy chuckled and it was apparent that she was taking Luna’s encouraging words to heart.

“Yeah, even Trixie right?” the pegasus smartly remarked with a grin

Luna nodded with a smile of her own.

“Yeah, even Trixie.”

The two watched their friends bicker on as they now discussed who was going to do what and how many kills they thought they were going to walk away with. Of course, a certain magician didn’t care about how many kills she got, which would likely be none, but considering that this was Celestia they were facing, Luna figured she had a chance to get at least one in.

“I don’t know if Twilight plays video games, but I’m sure she could beat you anyday Trixie. You just suck horn that bad,” Vinyl said, trying to shut the magician up about how she was going to beat her arch-nemesis.

But Trixie wouldn’t relent in her opposition against Vinyl.

“We will see who will be sucking horn! The Great and Talented Trixie will beat Twilight! Mark Trixie’s words!”

The group along with Luna and Derpy simply sighed in unison. They all wondered why they still even tried.

Lunar Team! Thirty seconds until Slayer Match; Ragnarok begins!

“Thanks disembodied voice that comes out of nowhere,” Bon Bon stated with a seemingly annoyed tone.

It was the same monotone voice that Luna and Derpy had heard from earlier in the White Room, which the group of friends assumed was just part of the game.

“Alright girls, it’s time to get hype and whip some flank,” Luna said as she grabbed hold of her helmet and put it back on, making sure it was tight and snug on her head.

Her eyes scanned the inside of her HUD, making sure that everything was perfect and ready for the carnage she was going to wreak upon her sister. After quickly doing a mental check of her shields, ammo count, and motion tracker, she turned her head to see her best friend making sure her own helmet was back on.

A small happiness welled up in her, causing the princess to smile behind her visor. Seeing her fancied mare dressed up in spartan armor was almost surreal, let alone the fact that they were all inside one of their favorite games.

But it was more than just seeing her mare as an armored badass. It was the fact that they both were sharing this experience together and she couldn’t imagine anypony else she would want more by her side.

Ten seconds.

The monotone voice made Luna come back into focus and she switched into her game mode mentality.

“Okay everypony, “ she began as they all readied their weapons in hoof and got into a circle, ready to listen, “You all know what to do right?”

They all nodded and sounded off their parts.

“Lyra, Berry, and I will take the Warthog and put down some distracting fire so Derpy can do what she does, and once she gets in position we’ll keep the right side with the downed pelican locked down,” Bon Bon said.

“Ish call the driver!” the drunken mulberry colored armor mare said.

“Yeah, I don’t think so,” Bon Bon said looking over to Berry, “I can’t imagine you being a good driver at all. You’re taking passenger.”

Seven seconds.

Luna looked over to Derpy and the muffin mare knew her part.

“I’m going to take the left side of the map and provide sniper fire and give out positions of the others for you guys,” Derpy said with confidence and looked to Vinyl, “How fast do you think you can get to me?”

Five seconds.

“Don’t worry Derps, I got you,” Vinyl said reassuringly and continued on, giving a recap of her objective, “ The mongoose is mine. I’m going to drive up the middle and head for the Spartan Once Laser. Once I have it, I’ll head over to you and provide protection in case somepony tries to go after you.”

They all nodded and looked to Luna and she gave her part.

“I’m taking the Mantis and I’m covering Vinyl from the middle until she can get to Derpy. I’ll do as much damage as I can before getting out of it and destroying it. Everpyony except for Derpy and Trixie will move up on their base and we will pin them and rack up the kills. We’ll have these guys beat within minutes.”

The plan was set and everypony knew their part.

Well, almost everypony.

“Hey! You never told the Great and Powerful Trixie what she will be doing,” the magician said, “Trixie demands you give her an objective that involves Twilight Sparkle.”

They all looked at her and Derpy answered the eager unicorn.

“Uhhh, we kinda decided you just stay here and uhhh, you know, not get killed,” the muffin mare said as politely as she could.

“What??!!” Trixie blurted, “That’s not fair! Trixie is a great gamer! Trixie can beat anypony with both her hooves tied! Trixie can-!”

But the rest we’re not having it.

“No!” they all said in unison, “Stay!”

The magician huffed and took off her helmet and sat on the metal ground and crossed her forelegs, muttering something under her breath.

Game start! Infinity Slayer! Eliminate the other team!

The anticipated words sounded like music to Luna’s ears. Immediately after the disembodied voice announced the start of the match, a cylinder container materialized in front of them, revealing a brand spankin’ new sniper rifle.

Without hesitation, the mailmare grabbed it with her armored hoof and cocked it, ready to pop some headshots.

“So who’s ready to some smack some bitches?” Derpy snickered.

“Awww yeah!” Vinyl cheered as she charged out from the ramp and to the outside, “Let’s go kick some ass!”

“Let’s do this!” Bon Bon and Lyra said in unison as they followed right behind the DJ.

“Lesh gish this oversh with, I neesh a drink,” Berry Punch slurred as she staggered behind.

Derpy followed behind the drunkard and Luna followed suit, but before she could go to the outside and begin her onslaught of badassery, the magician spoke up.

“You know, Trixie wishes you guys would give Trixie a chance to show how good she is, “ the unicorn huffed, still holding her pouting demeanor.

The princess looked back at the disgruntled mare.

Maybe I should give her something to do. It really isn’t fair to just have her sit there.

Luna knew that Trixie was not the greatest gamer she had ever seen-well actually- she was the worst, but that was beside the point. Trixie was part of their group and it really wasn’t fair to just have her sit out the game.

But the alicorn didn’t want to risk Trixie being the reason they lost. It wasn’t that she was afraid of Celestia being actually good or anything, but this wasn’t to say the same for the rest of her sister’s team.

Luna couldn’t risk losing.

The last thing she wanted to do was be in very sexy socks and panties and go to a party that couldn’t be innocent in nature if her sister was going to it.

“Look Trixie,” Luna said, coming up with a quick solution, “We need you to stay here in case anypony from their team comes around and tries to camp the area. Your job is to make sure they don’t get into our base. We don’t want them taking us down as we respawn and taking our vehicles right?”

But this answer still didn’t satisfy her.

“Trixie doesn't want to stay back. Trixie wants to find Twilight Sparkle and finally beat her and show her how great Trixie is!”

Damnit Trixie. I don’t have time for this.

There seemed to be no way of reasoning with Trixie unless it involved giving her Twilight, which Luna wasn’t going to risk. By the time Trixie would get a kill on Twilight, which wasn’t saying she would, she would be killed ten times over and some.

Simply put, Trixie would get her ass ravaged to hell and back.

“Hey are you coming? Bon Bon and Lyra are already in the hog and we’re waiting for you,” she heard Derpy say over her built in comms inside her helmet.

“Yeah I’m coming,” Luna replied and quickly looked over to Trixie before leaving her, “Look just stay here and if anypony comes around that’s not us, you take them down.”

With that, Luna turned and quickly went up the metal ramp. The shade from the base was quickly overtaken by artificial sunlight as she stepped out onto the dirt. Luna’s teal eyes went wide seeing her environment behind her visor. The clouds that hung over them slowly moved above and she could even see what looked like bird-like creatures in the sky.

“Woah,” she said to herself as her focus was being taken seeing by a world that wasn’t real, but yet here she was within it.

That awe and admiration was quickly broken though.

“Hey, uh, you just gonna stare at shit or are we gonna play?” Vinyl said over her comm.

Luna looked over to the white armored DJ and saw she was ready to go, mongoose and all. Lyra was sitting in the driver seat of the Warthog while her lover stood ready at the gun and their drunk friend spewing profanities about wanting another drink. Luna turned her head to see Derpy standing next to the Mantis, ready for her signal.

The alicorn went over to the Mantis as it sat idly, waiting to be commanded, and Luna couldn’t help but have a girl boner over it. She could see the immense chain gun attached to it one of its arms while the other held a thick and shiny missile launcher.

It seemed to call to her, asking to be dominated by her awesome skills.

She was happy to oblige.

She looked back to her friends before getting into her mass weapon of destruction and she smiled wide. She couldn’t help the rising excitement within her and she gave her last piece of encouragement to the others.

“Let’s go kick some ass!” she cheered as she lifted her rifle and they all gave a strong ‘Hell yeah!’.

With that, Lyra started up the hog while Bon Bon readied the gun and the couple took off, ready to cause havoc.

Vinyl revved up her Mongoose and drove down the metal ramp that held the little off-roader.

“Well you better get going Luna,” Derpy said, making Luna turn back to her, “We got some royal flank to kick.”

****

“We got one in a ghost and another in the Mongoose! They’re coming over to your side Derpy!”

“Got it! Vinyl you got that Spartan Laser ready?!”

“Charging it!”

“I got the guy in the other Mantis!” Luna said as she maneuvered her mech to ready its missiles. The group of friends were all running with the plan, but things were still chaotic. Their voices filled her comms but Luna was focused.

The bright holographic screens within the mech showed what was in front of her and to her peripherals. She could hear bullets flying off the metal of her weapon from the enemy Mantis, but instead of throwing her mind into a frenzy, she was finding it exhilarating.

To hear the sounds of virtual bullets and explosions around her, the adrenaline filled voices of her friends, and her goal of destroying her sister made her feel as if this was real.

The reality of this game seemed to be true to her.

Lyra killed Nexus

Lunar Team: 20

“Got the guy in the mongoose,” she heard Lyra say.

Vinyl lasered Sketch

“Lasered the Ghost,” Vinyl stated, “The enemy Mantis is still up though.”

“I’m handling it!” Luna replied, “I see him coming over the hill in the center!”

She maneuvered her Mantis, having its two legs strafe to the side, trying to line up the missile launcher before she let them fire. She didn’t want to waste such rockets and miss her target. It would prove problematic for the others if she couldn’t take this player down.

A mini map appeared on the left holographic screen, showing the entirety of the map. Her mind was already planning her next step for the possible outcomes: Take the enemy mantis down and move up towards the enemy base while her friends try to lock down the sides or if somehow she couldn’t maintain herself, try her best to take down the mantis on hoof, and rendezvous on Derpy’s position and from there have all ground players move up on their base while all vehicular units be used as distraction.

The ending result would be a massacre and landslide win.

But for now, her mind had to be pulled to the present.

“I can put some sniper bullets down on it if you need help,” Derpy informed, considering that the sniper rounds penetrated armor pretty well if this virtual reality held true to the game.

But Luna would not have that. Though it would be helpful, she wanted to take this player down. Not for anything personal, but her inner gamer wanted the satisfaction of destroying her opposer.

“No I got this, just take down anypony that may have the same idea as you.”

“Alright, I’ve spotted one pony getting on another mongoose but I don’t have a clear shot. I’ll let you know if their mantis gets back up.”

Luna left it at that, knowing that Derpy and her an understanding of how that inner gamer inside craves such challenges.

But this was more than a craving inside the princess, it was something much more fierce.

She positioned the arm of her mantis with the respective control as she charged up the rockets within it and in seconds, she saw her target come on top of the hill and watched as it turned to her.

Gotch’ ya!

Immediately she fired off all the rockets and began unloading into her target with the chain gun. She felt her entire body shake as the chain gun fired and she watched bullets and rockets slam into the enemy mech. The rush of adrenaline that was coursing through her body was beyond exhilarating.

The opposing Mantis immediately strafed, trying to avoid the barrage of rockets that Luna had fired its way, but it would not come out of it unscathed. Two rockets were able to hit its mark and the alicorn watched with a smile as the mech seemed to stagger a bit from the hit along with the bullets that were pummeling the armored weapon.

She was lost within the virtual carnage she was unleashing on this guy.

But she was not noticing something that should’ve been obvious for a pro gamer like her. Despite all the punishment she was dealing on this guy, there was no retaliation from him.

The alicorn paid no regard to it though. All she wanted was the sweet satisfaction of taking down her first kill in this virtual reality.

“Yeah bitch! Take it!” she yelled with a giant smile across her face as the roar of the chain gun reverberated in her ears.

The enemy Mantis began catching fire and black smoke rose from it and within seconds, the hunk of metal exploded and fell to its robotic legs.

Princess Luna killed Theorum

Lunar Team: 30

“Hell yeah!” Luna cried in victory with a cheesy grin behind her visor, “Mantis is down guys! Their Mantis is-”

But her small victory was short lived as red flashing lights came on and her front holographic screen showed in giant red letters ‘Warning!’

“What the?!”

“Luna! You got some pony in black armor climbing right on the back of you!” she heard Derpy yell over comms, “I’m gonna dome-”

“No!” Luna said, “Stick to the plan Derpy! I can handle this!”

“But I can easily take him out! He’s going to hijack you!”

But the princess was not accepting her friend’s offer.

She didn’t want to be the cause of her friend wasting a bullet on some scrub that she could easily deal with. Luna also was still lost within the thrill of being in what seemed a real life slayer match and she wanted to do it all herself.

“I got it Derpy!” she replied as she began getting up from her seat as flashing red lights continued on, trying to warn its controller of the danger that was about to happen, “Just focus on the others! I’m not getting taken down by no pony!”

It was a bold claim. Luna was good, very good in fact, but she was not considering that these were ponies she really didn’t know all that well, at least to the point of knowing how good they were when it came to video games let alone the fact that this was much different than just sitting in front of a tv and using a controller.

The only thing in her mind was the goal to win and more specifically, take down her sister and finally show her how way over her head she was in trying to challenge her.

Time to get this bastard off my Mantis.

Luna opened the hatch of her Manits, letting the artificial sunlight hit her visor as she drew her Battle Rifle that was magnetically attached to her back. She knew that her BR wasn’t probably the best option as she did have a plasma pistol and could charge it to EMP her enemy’s sheilds, but she didn’t have the time.

And we all now she won’t do that cause fuck you people who do that shit. (Charge PP and headshot. Blow me)

I’ll surprise him and shoot him off.

She made a small plan up in her mind and as she climbed out the hatch, she saw the black armored pony that her blonde mare was referring to.

The pony was decorated in a venator helmet with two colored frost pointed down v-slits and his venator armor was decorated in black and white streaks. She noticed he wore a DMR on his back, but more importantly, a small blue orb that he held in his hoof as he hung onto the back of her mech and etched into it was the name Deadinlight.

“Oh hell no!” Luna said and pointed her BR and immediately began firing the three round burst weapon straight into him.

“Beep! Beep! Beep!” the stallion obnoxiously yelled out as bullets collided with his shield, but it didn’t deter the pony from what he came to do.

With quickness, Deadinlight activated the plasma grenade and threw it straight at the alicorn as he jumped off of it. Princess Luna reacted and ducked before the sticky blue ball could plant itself on her helmet, but instead of her face meeting it, the hatch that she had opened met the deadly covenant explosive.

Her eyes went wide as she looked up and saw where it had landed. Her gamer knowledge immediately kicked in and she knew that she had a very tiny time slot to get out of this situation before she went up in flames.

Three seconds. After a plasma grenade adheres to its target, a three second fuse is engaged.

Her equine body went into auto pilot as she wasted no time in thinking about any other solutions. The stuck plasma grenade called only for ultimatum: get out or be blown up.

3…
Luna climbed out the hatch and was met with the sound of a DMR and bullets whizzed past her as she stood on top of the mech and prepared to jump off, hoping to avoid a fiery demise.

“BEEEEEEEEEP!”

The black and white venator armored stallion fired off his DMR, firing shot after shot, trying to make Luna hesitate and waste precious seconds being on the Mantis. His plan was to either keep her on there in hopes that she went down with it, or take her down himself in case she was able to escape the metal weapon.

2…

Despite the bullets whizzing past her, and some even hitting her taking her shields down to 40%, she didn’t lose her focus and let herself panic. She jumped off the Mantis and rolled onto the dirt and grass, but the threat of the ticking time bomb was still there. Simply because she was off of it didn’t mean she was safe from the impending explosion. There was still splash damage to consider and she had no intention being next to the mech.

1…

Luna recovered from her roll and immediately began charging the beeping stallion, firing her BR at him.

“C’mon! You’re going to have to do better than that!” she taunted.

0…

The Mantis that Luna had commandeered exploded, falling on its own two metal legs and slumping over, but the alicorn had no concern for it. She had escaped it and now had to deal with the one that attempted to end her.

Deadinlight quickly strafed to the side and got behind a nearby boulder, trying to reduce the damage that he was taking as Luna charged him. He fired in retaliation while making his way to cover, but saw that his ammo count was getting low and he would have to reload soon.

26% on shields Luna thought to herself, being mindful of her own being.

But she had the advantage. During her charge she was able to land enough shots on the stallion to break his shields and leave him vulnerable before he was able to take cover.

I need to finish him off before his shields get back up.

And so she didn’t stop. Luna followed the pony straight to where he took cover and found him standing, trying to reload his weapon until his head turned to her and noticed that she was not a player that was afraid to be aggressive.

“Got ya bitch,” she proclaimed and before he could draw his secondary on her, she fired her BR and popped him in the head. The stallion fell to the ground and dissipated into many little pixels, but there was something odd.

Luna looked over to the score to see if it had changed.

Lunar Team: 30
Solar Team: 0

“Huh? I just killed that guy, we should be up another ten,” Luna said to herself, perplexed as to why the score hadn’t changed.

She decided to check on the others for a moment and see why their score was stagnant, her mind quickly changing gears and immediately forgetting that crucial detail moments ago. Her mind was so set on finding Celestia that it didn’t matter why the score didn’t change. All she wanted was Celestia under her hooves.

“Hey guys, what’s going on?”she asked over the comm, “We should be up more than this, are we just not finding ponies?”

“We’ve been driving around and have only taken that Ghost down,” Lyra answered along with the background sound of the Warthog.

“Okay. Derpy, have you seen anypony?”

“No, just the ones I had called out earlier, but other than that, I haven’t seen any of them.”

Luna was confused. How was it that they had only seen at least three ponies when there was nine of them? More importantly, why hasn’t her sister and Twilight been spotted? The nagging feeling of wanting to find her sister and personally take her down was now more apparent than ever.

“Keep your eyes out girls. I don’t know what these scrubs are doing, but hiding won’t win them th-”

Luna stopped as she noticed her motion tracker on the HUD. She saw a red dot appear and that it was very close to her.

There’s somepony here too? How are they hiding this well to get past Derpy and the others?

Lyra, Bon Bon, and Berry were out on Warthog while Vinyl and Derpy were searching for potential victims. There shouldn’t have been anypony that could get past the mid section of Ragnaraok without being noticed.

“What was that princess? Is the comms working Derpy?” she heard Vinyl say.

“It’s, uh, nothing, just watch out for them. I think I may have another here near me,” Luna said, shifting all her focus to this new potential threat.

“Are you sure you don’t need help Luna? I’m not finding anypony on the other side. I might be able to take him out easy and you can-”

“No Derpy, I got this. I don’t need the help.”

“Um okay, I guess,” replied an unsure pegasus, but Luna paid no mind. The game had her and she wanted to do it all herself.

Luna quickly reloaded her BR and readied it, slowly moving towards the boulder that her previous victim had tried to seek refuge in. As the sound of her metal plated hooves taking step by step filled her ears, her heart began pounding in her chest.

If you think you are going to surprise me, you got another thing coming.

Luna put into effect her armor ability and in an instant her visuals turned into a dark blue color and she saw the pony light up like a Hearth’s Warming tree. The pony’s heat signature was clear as day to her and she could see him hugging the boulder with his back, weapon at the ready.

The alicorn smirked and laughed inside. It was amusing to think that this pony thought that he was going to get the jump on her, but her smirk quickly left her face as the pony turned his head, seemingly looking for her to come around the corner.

His helmet..a venator helmet?!

And then it happened. In a blink of an eye, she noticed another red blipping dot that was right behind her and her teal eyes went wide, realizing what was going on.

“Shit!” she said as she whipped around and pointed her weapon, but the pony behind her already was too close and hit the weapon out her hooves and punched her, sending her to the ground.

“I got her guys!” she heard him say, “Two of them are on the side, one with a sniper rifle and another with a Spartan Laser!”

The name Brawny Spirit was etched into the chest piece of his dark purple armor. He rocked the entire Defender Armor set accompanied with a dark orange visor and an assault rifle that was on his back along with a big ass knife he held in his hoof.

“You got her Spirit?” she heard the pony from behind the boulder call out.

“Yeah,” he replied, “Tell Sketch and Theo to roll out the Warthog and take theirs out. Nexus is in position to get the sniper and spartan laser along with Beat Bot. I think Windy Quill got a hold of the Incineration Cannon and is heading over to the downed Pelican.”

And as if on cue, as soon as he spoke out their plan, the comms went into disarray.

“We got enemy Warthog coming out of their base!” Derpy said, “They’re coming after you Bon Bon, I’ll lay down a few-oh crap!”

Twilight Sparkle killed Vinyl Scratch with a headshot appeared in faint small lettering over her visor.

“Twilight is sniping! I don’t know where she’s posted!” Derpy cried out.

Solar Team: 10

But Vinyl was only the first of a string of casualties that was unfolding.

Lyra has been killed by Theo.

Solar Team: 20

“Horse feathers, we lost Lyra!” Bon Bon said over the comms along with the sound of a machine gun that sounded like death, “Berry climb over and get on the gunner! Berry?! BERRY! Damnit she passed out from the cider! I don’t know how much more this hog can-” but before she finishes her sentence, her voice cuts out, and the sound of an explosion was followed after.

Theo killed Bon Bon and Berry Punch (Double Kill!)

Solar Team: 40

Luna couldn’t understand what was going on as she listened and laid on the ground. It seemed their small plan was falling apart due to the patience of her sister’s team, but how was this? How were they coming out of nowhere all of a sudden?

“You can come out from behind the boulder Dead. I got her down,” Spirit said as he drew his pistol and pointed it at the alicorn.

“Alright I’m coming out, Nexus was just telling me that him and Beat Bot are fighting the blonde mare right now and once they’re done with her, he will head over to their base.”


“Wait what?!” Luna blurted, looking over to Deadinlight as he came out from behind the rock,”I just headshot you a few moments ago?! How are you still here? You should be back at the respawn point!”

“Yeah he should be, especially for all the damn beeping he’s been doing since we started,” Spirit added.

“Hologram,” he simply stated, “Those things actually help.”

But that sent Luna into more confusion. She knew about the Hologram ability, but they didn’t react to actions. They simply ran in a straight line from where they were deployed or stayed still.

A hologram? That’s bullshit! Holograms can’t react!

Luna’s mind raced on how that could be true. A hologram would not try to draw a weapon at the enemy, and a simple explanation came up.

Celestia! She must be using hacks or something! I should’ve known that she knew she couldn’t beat us, so now she’s giving her team hacks to beat us!

It made sense to her. Her sister was not beyond doing something to that caliber.

“Holograms shouldn’t do that,” she retorted, “What hacks did my sister give you? You know that doesn't make this a fair match if that’s what you two are using right?”

“Uh what?” Deadinlight said as he came over and stood next to Spirit, “What hacks? All I did was activate my hologram and hide behind the rock to reload while I waited for this guy. It did all that by itself.”

And thus, Luna’s mind was confused even more. In the game, a hologram wouldn’t react in such a way and it was pretty easy to distinguish between a player and a hologram.

So what was this? If it wasn’t hacks then what was it?

It alters the game of which you’re in, of course make it seem real, but also real within the game’s rules. For example, Spartans possess significant strength. In turn, you the player will have that same ability.

The words of her sister rang in her head.

She realized that the helmets letting them have this experience were doing exactly what they were supposed to. It was like the game, but it took the concept of a reality more literal than the virtual counter-part.

A hologram would be able to react, just not be able to inflict damage. Their purpose was to trick the enemy into thinking they are the player, and that’s exactly what they did.

Real within the game’s rules...the helmets altered some of the rules.

Maybe the game was subject to whatever the rules that the helmets dictated or whoever programmed them.

Regardless, she was still in a situation that she needed to get out of quickly.

“So, uh, why haven’t you guys killed me yet?” Luna asked, though a plan had already formed in her head.

Both stallions looked at each other and then at her.

“I think were still trying to get over how cool this is,” Spirit said, “But yeah you're right, we probably should off you and get-”

Luna drew the knife that was strapped to her inner thigh and threw it, making it lodge right into Brawny’s head.

“Holy bucking beep!” Deadinlight exclaimed as he stared at his teammate who now just stood there with the knife in his head and poked him with his hoof, “Are you okay dude?”

Spirit turned his head at him and nodded.

“This is freaking awesome!” and with that, Spirit dissipated into pixelated particles, leaving the knife behind as it dropped on the ground.

“Well then,” Deadinlight said in a unsure tone after witnessing his teammate’s head getting impaled by a knife, “I probably should kill you now princess.”

He looked over to the ground with his weapon ready to end her, but once he looked, there was no alicorn. But instead, the barrel of a menacing looking shotgun was placed mere inches from his visor, the shotgun itself being held by a mare with a blond mane, her helmet missing with a sniper rifle attached to her back.

“Get away from my teammate.”

The shotgun went off, blowing the stallion a few feet back and before he could hit the ground, he broke into pixels and disappeared.

Derpy Hooves looked over to Luna as she laid on the ground and held her hoof out to help her up.

“Thought you needed some help,” Derpy said, getting the alicorn to her hooves, “I got over here after dealing with two ponies that came after me as fast as I could. They even gave me a nice shotgun to use.”

“Thanks Derpy,” Luna said, picking up her BR and knife from the ground, “But I could've handled them. I was just gonna stick that pony with a plasma before he shot at me.”

Derpy simply nodded, but immediately readied her shotgun again.

Luna followed suit and readied her weapon, but her motion tracker didn’t show anything.

“Do you see somepony Derpy? Nothing is being picked up on radar.”

Derpy was silent for a moment before answering.

“No, but I don’t think the radar works.”

“What?” Luna replied, “Mine was working just fine.”

“Well mine wasn’t. Those two ponies that attacked me were invisible and my radar didn’t even pick up on any scrambler. I think this game is glitched or something,” the pegasus said, keeping her shotgun at the ready.

Derpy was right. When camo was active, it would emit a scrambler that would make red dots on the motion tracker appear everywhere. That was the dead giveaway of somepony using active camo.

“So you’re telling me that there was no sign of a scrambler?” Luna asked for confirmation.

This was not good.

If what her fancied mare said was true, then this would change the game radically and they would have to defer from their belief that this virtual reality would hold true to the game’s mechanics.

“So the majority of her team could be camouflaged?”

“Possibly,” Derpy replied, staying diligent of her surroundings,”And I think we should re-group with the others back at our base and get a new plan going.”

Derpy was right, but Luna didn’t want to waste time in going back and re-plan. The desire to find her sister and take her down was still present within her. Also, something was telling Luna that her sister was still within the security of her own base, probably planning out her team’s next move.

“You go back Derpy.”

“What?”

“You go back and regroup with the others and come up with a counterattack. I’m going to move forward on hoof and find my sister and take out anypony that gets in the way.”

Derpy’s eyes went wide and she immediately protested to the idea.

“But Luna, you know I’m not good with all that stuff. I point out targets and snipe, not make the plans. You always do that and I’m sure by now that they have figured us out. I know you're good, but why not just get everypony together first and we can all go after her?”

Luna shook her head, wanting to be the sole pony that took Celestia down.

“Because knowing my sister, she’s the one that planned what her team did. Hell, she’s probably still at her base with her head up her plot while she makes her teammates do all the work. I’ll be damned if I let her beat me and not raise a hoof to do it.”

Derpy could tell in the tone of Luna’s voice that she was set on this and saw no point in trying to protest more. Derpy knew her princess well, and she knew sometimes her alicorn could be stubborn.

“Okay. We will back you up as soon as we regroup,” she said with reluctance, “But if you can, try to wait for us so we can help you, okay?”

Luna nodded, and not wanting to waste more time, she trotted off to face her sister and left Derpy to her task, but the mailmare stood there a bit longer and stared as Luna went to take down her sister.

The pegasus was confused on why Luna was so set on trying to beat Celestia to the point that she wanted to go and do it alone. She had never seen her fellow gamer throw away tactics and planning simply to get a kill on one pony. It was quite honestly a rookie thing to do.

Regardless, she did what she agreed to and began to run back to the others.

While one ran to find a way to win, the other unwittingly was running right into what would possibly be their downfall.



















Dashing :Editor

Author's Note:

Editors Note: Hey guys. It’s an honour for me to be helping with this fic, i have been a fan of P3rro’s for a while, and was ecstatic when he took up my offer to be an editor on this. I really hope you enjoy this, feel free to point out any mistakes that pass your eye *As long as you’re civil*, and i guarantee, there is more to come, and i am sure you will agree with me, in saying the wait was worth it. ^_^

Also, i want to thank P3rro for being awesome and patient with me, and i look definitely look forward with working with him in the future.

Keep being awesome guys,
~Dashing.