• Published 15th Jan 2021
  • 272 Views, 5 Comments

The Interdimensional Escapades of one Beetle the changeling - Ellery Quinn



A Changeling finds the fate of all existence thrust upon them

  • ...
3
 5
 272

Stave 3

Shortly after the incident in the cafeteria, and some brainstorming, they decided that the best plan of action would be to ask the councillor, Mrs Glimmer, who was rumored among the students to know a bit more about the darker bits of magic than the headmaster would approve of. Even though it was an assumption based on previously trying some pretty evil stuff, it was the best shot they could think of.

Beetle knocked on the door.

"Come in!"

"Hello? Mrs Glimmer? I have some thing I need to ask you. Do you know anything about these symbols? I could not find anything in the library."

"I'd be happy to help! Let me see."

Mrs Glimmer looked confused, rubbed her eyes, looked at the sketch again, and her face turned pale.

"I don't know where you learned about these symbols, but these are not anything that would be found in our library. In fact, whatever book you found this in is one of the few things that are considered forbidden contraband here. I will have to ask you to turn it over."

Beetle looked a bit cowed, but responded, "I did not get these from a book! These are sketches of the cutie marks of two other students"


Mrs Glimmer shut the door, and looked Beetle in the eye.

"Tell me everything you know about them."


-----------------one explanation later---------------------


Mrs Glimmer pulled a long neglected tome off of a shelf in the corner. She probably should have burned it, but after what she had gone through, she kept it to keep herself from making the same mistakes. That symbol emblazoned on the cover still brought memories of his laugh.

She opened it to the 13th page, "I suppose you have heard of how I figured out how to separate the cutie mark of a pony from them. In truth I had help... I had been searching for a long time for how to accomplish such an unspeakable feat. Until I found the book of the immaterium. It told of things that would make our god of chaos, Discord, look like a poseur. I learned of an ancient power which knew all secrets. His name was- " Beetle's mouth moved of its own accord to speak, "Tzeentch, The Changer of Ways."

Starlight Glimmer looked puzzled, "Where did you learn about him?" Beetle looked as befuddled, "It slipped out! I've never heard that name in my life!"

Starlight looked her in the eyes, "We'll discuss this later. Anyway, he gave me a scroll explaining how to remove the mark, and I promised to give them to him upon their owners death. I only realized later that the mark was not the thing he wanted. It was the soul that came with it. You know the rest of what happened. Anyone who would bare that mark openly is bad news. "

------------------The tower adjacent with a good view of the councilors office ----------------

Belgox put down his binoculars.

"They're on to us 'Vox. We need to grab them tonight."

"But Bel! We dont have a serious plan!"

"It's our only chance! How would you want the boss to terminate our contract? We actually had to sign in blood, and you know what that means! 6. Feet. Under. We still need to work for that stingy son of a-ah-ACHOO!!!"

"Curse you."

"Thanks."

"Get some chalk, 13 red candles, and a virgin. We have work to do. "

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment