• Published 4th Feb 2022
  • 1,139 Views, 55 Comments

Monster Inside - Penguin17203



Starlight's old collectables are delivered to Twilight's castle, among them is a dusty Starswirl The Bearded scroll. One that transports her into a different dimension.

  • ...
3
 55
 1,139

Separate Ways

"We need to go back," Twilight said, an intense look in her eyes.

"Nu-uh, no way!" Kenny declined, sending a heavy frown her way. "We've got a limited supply of fuel and ah ain't gonna waste it by goin' back to that warzone! Hell no! We've got a plan and we're stickin' to it!"

"But, Pinkie is still back there!" Rainbow Dash shouted, throwing her arm toward the road they came from.

"Yeah, well, it's her own damn fault for not gettin' in the R.V.!" Kenny retorted, redirecting his heavy frown to her.

A hand slapped to Rarity's face, her breathing growing deeper. "This is not happening. Pinkie..." she muttered, nearly doubling over but, was caught by a pair of arms, thanks to Applejack.

"So, what!? You're saying that you're gonna leave her behind!? You're just run like a coward!?" Rainbow shouted, inching closer toward the older man, a scowl written on her features.

"We don't got the fuel needed to fuckin' go back!" Kenny snapped, not backing down, utterly indifferent to her having exceptional agile abilities. "And you ain't even fuckin' comin' with us so, there's your chance! You can fuckin' walk back to the motor-inn and find your friend since you're that fuckin' desperate!" A death stare replaced the scowl on Rainbow's face, the clenching of her jaw did not phase the man. "Oh, and by the way." He turned toward the rest of the group. "In case y'all have forgotten, ah was the one who fixed this R.V. which means ah have the final say in where we're goin' and ah say we ain't fuckin' goin' back! Period! I don't give a fuck about what any of y'all have to say!" He directed his scowl toward the Equestrians. "I don't give a fuck if y'all are the elements of harmony, if your world depends on y'all or any of that other bullshit." The older man tossed a finger toward them. "You're in our world now, I don't give a shit if Equestria or, whatever-the-fuck it's called, depends on y'all stickin' together or not! If y'all wanna go back and help your friend then y'all can go with 'er!" Kenny concluded by jerking his head toward Rainbow who was still maintaining the death stare she currently had.

Silence reigned over the group, some avoided each other's gazes, others did the opposite; looking on with heavily disapproving frowns. Applejack and Starlight were amongst that set, exchanging looks with everyone, hoping they'd speak up against it. Rarity looked downtrodden, her eyes on the ground with her head lowered, trying to keep herself from hyperventilating. Trixie was left stunned by the ultimatum given out by Kenny, so much so, that the pain in her shoulder caused by the arrow almost seemed to have lessened; she looked at the numerous expressions of the group, waiting for someone to speak up.

"Fine," everyone turned to Twilight, she sported a dejected look. "If she can't stay... then I'll go back with her."

"Twilight?" Applejack stared at her unblinkingly with a frown.

"What else can we do?" Twilight turned to her. "If Kenny isn't going to take us back then what? He doesn't even want Lilly or Rainbow in the group anymore." She sighed, her gaze falling to the ground. "I'll go back with Rainbow and we'll get Pinkie. You girls stay with the group."

"Leave you behind as well?" Rarity asked, sharing the same frown as Applejack. "With her?" She whispered, glancing at Rainbow who scoffed.

"You think I didn't hear that?"

"Oh, I know you did." Rainbow didn't reply instead fixed the fashionista with a scowl. Rarity turned back to Twilight. "Twilight, I'm certain we can figure something out."

Twilight shook her head, turning to Kenny. "Where are you going?"

"To Savannah, to the coast like we always were," he grunted. "If y'all are still alive, you can link up there with the rest of your pals but, you probably won't find us though. Once ah got a boat, we're sailin' off." He glanced at the Equestrians, the lack of hospitality was clear in his eyes. "Y'all can stay and wait in the city if you want, ah don't care."

"Well, that sounds like a w-wonderful plan." Trixie rubbed her shoulder, being mindful of moving the arrow. "N-No problem here."

"You sure you wanna do this?" Lee asked. "Just you three, at night with no shelter?"

"Don't have a choice and besides, we can't just leave Pinkie Pie alone," Twilight replied. She was hesitant as she looked at the brunette. She was afraid she was going to be faced with yet another scowl only to find that Lilly seemed entirely despondent; ashamed to meet anyone's gaze.

She heard a scoff and she turned to Kenny who was shaking his head. "Two trigger-happy bastards. Yeah, good luck with that. Lilly might end up shootin' you next."

"You wanna cool it for a minute, Kenny?" Applejack shot him a hard look.

"Oh, ah'll cool it alright." The man shifted his gaze toward Twilight and Rainbow, primarily Twilight and completely ignoring Lilly. "Y'all say your goodbyes, get whatever shit you need and go." He started walking around the R.V., over to the driver's side. "Everybody, get in, we're leavin'!" The group heard the door open and shut.

Twilight wasn't sure about what she was doing but, Kenny wouldn't have it any other way. He was not letting Rainbow or Lilly in the R.V., with Lilly gunning down Carley unjustly and Rainbow's violent impulses, she couldn't toss all the blame onto him. With what Rarity said about Rainbow going berserk on the bandits, she wasn't sure she felt safe around her either. And, it hurt to admit but, she was in the same boat as Lilly. Friend or not, element of loyalty or not, they were both dangerous and unsettling to be around. Regardless of all that, however, Pinkie was still at the motor-inn and she needed help.

Rainbow abruptly left the group, brushing past Trixie and entered the R.V. She made her way over to the built-in cabinet, opened it and gathered a couple of weapons.

Twilight turned toward the rest of the group. "Alright, look, we're just gonna go back to the motor-inn and get Pinkie. Once we do that, we'll meet you guys at Savannah... if we can find it."

"It's a city," Lee provided. "It shouldn't be too hard to find if you girls got a map. If not, just keep an eye out for landmarks or signs if you're lost."

Twilight gave a half-hearted smile. "Thanks, Lee. Stay safe, okay?"

"You too, Twilight. We'll see you there." Lee nodded, patting her on the shoulder, exchanging an understanding look before entering the R.V.

Rainbow left the vehicle afterward, shotgun in hand. She approached Lilly and held out a pistol. The woman took it, this interaction did not go unnoticed by anyone, all staring intently at them.

Rainbow noticed their stares before shrugging, irritated. "What? We're leaving, aren't we?"

Twilight's gaze remained on the brunette, eyes flicking tensely between the pistol and the woman before she tucked it away in her jeans.

Twilight turned back to the others. "Look, we're gonna be fine. We'll only be gone for a little bit."

"We could go with you," Fluttershy offered.

Twilight shook her head. "No, it's safer with the group. They have supplies and someone needs to take care of Trixie."

"Believe me," the magician started, straightening her back. "The great and... p-powerful Trixie can take care of herself." She sighed, leaning back against the doorframe of the R.V.

"Besides that, they have a vehicle. It's safer if all of you stay." Twilight added.

"Safe for you though?" Rarity interjected.

"No but, Pinkie isn't going to be much safer on her own. So, I guess this is goodbye, for now."

Starlight had a conflicting frown on her face. "I don't know about this... I-I'm not sure if this is a good idea."

"There's nothing else we can do, Pinkie Pie won't be able to survive on her own." Twilight continued, her decision final.

Applejack sighed. "Well, y'all best be safe. Both of you." She glanced at Rainbow who offered a short nod. "We'll be waitin' for y'all there."

"Be safe, girls." Twilight embraced her friends, feeling her eyes well up with tears but, managed to hold them in. Rainbow watched from the side, having no clear interest in the matter. As far as she was concerned, her primary focus consisted of Pinkie and the longer they stayed here, the more time they spent saying goodbye, the less chance they had of finding Pinkie. They left the motor-inn in a hurry, they had no time to pack, suddenly being attacked by the bandits and walkers, Pinkie was in danger and here they were wasting time. Constantly, just waste time.

"You got a weapon, right?" Starlight asked.

Twilight nodded, pulling out her pistol for a quick second to show them before placing it back in her jeans. "We'll see you later, okay?"

Starlight wrapped her arms around her mentor, squeezing tightly. "Please, stay safe."

"I will, that goes for you too, Starlight" Twilight whispered, returning the hug and rubbing circles around her back.

Rainbow sighed impatiently and began pacing.

Twilight released Starlight, their understanding gazes lingered for a moment before she looked over at Lilly and Rainbow. "Are you girls ready?" She inquired.

"Have been for a while now," came Rainbow's indignant response.

Rarity let out a silent scoff. "I expected as much," she muttered, particularly to no one.

Twilight frowned but, didn't voice her disapproval, not wanting to create another argument. "Alright, let's go then."

"Finally." Rainbow started to leave the group, trekking down the road they came from, Lilly followed shortly after.

Twilight sighed through her nose before giving one last nod to her friends and left, following after the two. As she made her way past the hood of the R.V., Kenny called out to her. "Hey!" She turned, meeting his gaze past the windshield. "Remember, Savannah, near the coast, we'll be there!"

"I got it," she replied before proceeding after Rainbow and Lilly who didn't spare a glance back.

Rainbow would be lying if she claimed she didn't care about how her friends were perceiving her but, at the end of the day, Carley was the one who was giving the bandits supplies behind their backs, she needed to die. That was not a want, it was a need. Whether it was good or not, didn't matter to her. Why? Because it was their fucking supplies, they needed it. They barely had any resources to begin with. And not only that but, after what those bandits did to Fluttershy, kidnapping and trying to assault her, Carley deserved to be shot by Lilly. If she was going to betray the group like that, handing over supplies they barely had to those freaks, then she deserved it.

And to Tartarus with whoever disagreed. It doesn't matter now anyway, she was no longer apart of the group, Kenny didn't want her or Lilly there. She definitely didn't care about him, that's for sure. It was her friends that she cared about. Whatever, they were safe with the group. Rainbow guessed they were going to have to cut ties with Lee and the others though, once they arrived in Savannah. As previously mentioned, Kenny did not want them there so, separate ways she guessed... He had already made up his mind, he was going to find a boat and sail off to wherever while her friends stayed in the city.

But, whatever. Rainbow would find out in the future, right now, she needed to focus on finding Pinkie Pie and then she'd worry about the next step.

Author's Note:

I ain't gonna lie tho, this story is messy as hell but, Imma still continue it regardless. I'll probably re-write it in the future, at some point... lol.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment