• ...
3
 13
 587

Chapter 4, Finding the Tree.

Hitch looked as Sunny came over to him.

She looked at him and asked, “Do you trust Spike with Sparky?”

Hitch inquired, “Why?”

She told him, “Sparky maybe the only one who can help find the legendary Elements of Harmony?”

Hitch looked her in the eye, “Just make sure he doesn't try to brain him.”

Hitch then laughed, “What am I saying...? He seems nice, I am just still a little.... peeved,” Sunny winced at the swear word, “He was about to stab Sparky in the head?”

She told him, “We need to defeat Opaline and he seems to have some idea how.”

Hitch hoofed her Sparky and ask with some nervousness, “Just make sure no Raccoon Poop happens, hoof to heart.”

She replied, “Hoof to heart, and just so you know if he were going to something bad he'd have done it by now.”

She trotted back over to Spike and asked him, “Should I try to get my Alicorn Form working or should I just ride on your back?”

Spike replied, “Whatever you like, snack?”

She looked at him terrified, and he gave her a screwed-up and funny look with his tongue out, and they both laughed.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Smolder was in a giant dress and the ponies and dragonlings were at one table while the adult dragons were at another one.

They had a bowl with a mix of vegetables and bread with some freshly squeezed lemonade as a drink.

Ember stated, “Sorry my little ponies the dragonling table is the only one small enough for you guys to sit at safely. Fortunately, my children are well-behaved.”

Hitch was fiddling with his fork and so were the pegasus princesses, Izzy just used her magic.

Ember chuckled, “I suppose that's what happens when a huge dragon makes something that's supposed to be pony-sized?”

Hitch replied, “It's fine really, just takes a few moments to adapt to.”

Pipp suddenly sent her food flying at Zipp.

With the broccolini on her snout, Zipp sent her a disapproving glance.

Twi said, “Just make sandwiches using the bread.”

Hitch asks Ember looking at her, “Can we do that?”

Ember said, “I normally discourage Twi and Shiny, but hey you are adults. You could stuff your snoot in it for all I care!”

Smolder said, “'I would be doing it if adult-dragon-sized dresses weren't so expensive.”

Izzy stuffed her snoot in it.

Hitch started picking up the salad and sandwiching it.

So did Pipp and Zipp.

Ember said, “Heh, I like the Unicorn, names Izzy right?”

Izzy took her head out of the bowl and yelled, “YEAH! You know how to let your freaky fun flag fly!”

Hitch asked, “Tell me you don't have potatoes and something to fry them with?”

Ember said, “Want me to use my breath and pot full of oil to make home fries?”

Everyone yelled, “YEAH!”

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Meanwhile, Spike and Sunny were camping on their way to Bridlewood, Spike asked, “So may I ask how it's been, while I slept, it appears to be that the Ponies Segregated then Desegregated?”

Sunny told him, “Yeah that's what happened, I got everypony back together.”

Spike asked as he chowed a pile of apples, while Sunny ate only three, “So how hard was that?”

Sunny replied, ”Well yeah it was hard until Izzy showed up, I wasn't sure what to do, but when we went on our journey...”

Spike interrupted, “You found Ponies who you, 'just had a connection with!”

Sunny looked and asked, “How did you know?”

Spike explained short and sweetly, “Twilight told me the same things about her friends when I woke after they defeated Nightmare Moon!”

Sunny stated, “I wore a costume off Nightmare Moon, and wow I am like Twilight was.”

Spike said, “Probably still out there somewhere?”

Sunny inquired, “Wait are all Alicorns Immortal?”

Spike replied, “I don't know, but Twilight seemed to be."

Sunny asks, “I wonder what it's like being immortal?”

Spike told her, “Probably like an even more extreme version of being a dragon. The world by the time you're old will be very different than when you were born. With true immortality, I suspect the only end would be the end of everything. I really don't like to think about that. I just hope I can find Twilight so I can spend time with her?”

Sunny stated, “She really is your sister?”

Spike muttered loudly, “I love her sooo much!”

Sunny looked into his eyes, his silted pupils despite their differences did show a person in love with his family.

She felt guilty for having thought he might eat her still.

His sister was a pony, his brother was a pony, his parents were ponies and his first love was a pony. Yet he ended up with ponies treating him differently.

He wasn't a monster as they had originally thought, he was just as kind and loving as any pony.

In fact, she wondered, she had seen ponies who would do intensely bad things, Phyllis had led the earth ponies to fear non-Earth Ponies to a great extreme, Sprout had almost gone on a war of extermination, and despite what a great friend he was now, Hitch had gone along with a brutal system.

She remembered Hitch after the time the leftover unicorn trap had gotten Izzy stuck in a box, Hitch had admitted to her that since they would be too afraid to let her out they might have either had her ground down or poured something into it to drown Izzy, that he had been that scared of someone so innocent like Izzy, a Unicorn who'd come to an earth pony village just to find a friend. Oh by the Gods above.

How could they really not though, Sprout and Hitch had been told at their school that Unicorns and Pegasi were cannibals right after Sex Ed which they could opt out of, unlike the hate lesson.

They had been shown gory "reenactments" which if they had been movies would have been banned for being too realistic looking, according to both the Pegasus Princesses and Izzy they had been told earth ponies were dumb and smelly and that the other were cannibals, but they hadn't been shown something like that, Pipp had compared the movies to a website called Horshish which was known for showing disturbing video of violence and had halfway vomited before Sunny turned them off because Izzy had wandered in.

She had, despite that Izzy had only seen a little, they had to comfort her by explaining everything on screen and the fact was Izzy while she did close her eyes during violent scenes could watch horror movies.

Hitch didn't talk to Zipp or Pipp for a day after they rewatched it.

She knew Hitch had grown to be the two sisters' best friend and he might or might not be trying to get the courage up to make a move on Zipp.

Hitch at one point related to her when he disguised himself as Pegasus he thought that he was going to see horrible things, when he saw them eating food normal ponies would he was taken aback, they weren't cannibals at all they were like Earth Ponies only with wings. It was like having a revelation about God that contradicted your religion's teachings and it was the only reason he had gone into the unicorn forest so freely.

He had also been afraid that he would find her eaten by Izzy.

She could tell first thing she met Izzy that she was a nice person, if a little weird, which apparently due to what the shrinks believed was autism, she had trouble making friends, no wonder she had been able to march with Sunny to Zephyr Heights, she was easily influenced and Alphabittle according to her had actually been keeping her from being taken advantage of scarily enough.

Poor Spike, he was now too large to really fit into pony society anymore and she didn't know how the unicorns would react when they got to Bridlewood. She thought would they have an Earth Pony style freak out?

She looked at Spike and said, “When I first saw you, I discriminated against you for your size and... I.. am,.. sorry!”

Spike said, “Don't worry I am expecting more of it, but it's okay, you're a little pony and I am a huge dragon. I wish I could go back to pony society, but I am too big now.”

She told him, “Well you shouldn't have to... Expecting more of it that is.”

He told her, “I just need closer and then I can deal with anything.”
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The ponies were in the old Mane Six's sleeping quarters with the Dragonlings.

Shiny asks, “So how are you getting along with Twilight and friends beds.”

Pipp stated, “I just wish Sunny could be with us, but hey these are retro-medieval.”

Twi told them, “We got the dust out ourselves.”

Zipp said, “I am taking the one which belonged to Rainbow Dash.”

Twi stated, “Should Izzy take Pinkie's Bed or Rarity's and should Hitch take Applejacks or Fluttershy since he can talk to animals, but is also the tough one?”

Hitch said, “Fluttershy could talk to animals like me, just, to be honest, I am not always honest, but even though I don't believe in ACAB since I am a cop myself, I must admit sometimes it's not convenient to be nice in this job. So maybe Applejacks but maybe also Fluttershy?”

Zipp interjected, “Your the nicest guy I know, and besides you take care of my sister a lot when she's not at her best. I mean the only weird thing is you want me to eat fries with you all the time.”

Hitch said, “Well erm, what's so wrong about a stallion wanting to with his mare... female friend?”

Zipp replied snickering a little, “Well I your mare... whoops... Female Friend feel would like to know what's up with you wanting to randomly want to eat fries with me?”

Hitch told her sorrily, “I want to see you eating something I like to eat... because and I am ashamed to say this... Part of me still believes you might be a cannibal... and yes you can hate me.”

Zipp looked and walked up to Hitch, “Listen we all got brainwashed by our tribes that the others were dangerous, part of me was sure when I walked into Bridlewood that I would see horrible things, all I saw was unicorns acting pretty close to normal. Well except them all being depressed.”

Then she said, “If it will make you happy I'll eat the home fries tomorrow.”

Hitch looked and thought, Is she aware of my feelings and if so does she return them?”

End of Chapter.

Author's Note:

Just to be clear, I know of Orgish due to Republicans using it to post videos of Suicide Bombings which they used to, "prove," that all Muslims were, "Evil."

I know there are plenty of Republicans who don't hate Muslims, but this was freshly after 9/11.