• Published 19th Jan 2024
  • 106 Views, 3 Comments

What Hurts The Most - KTCO-Official



Opposites attract, that's what they say, isn't it? Well what happens when that statement is false, and two young lovers get caught in the crosshairs?

  • ...
 3
 106

I Won't Let Go

Perma had trotted out of the room aggressively, not looking back to the group of ponies he so rudely left. All he knew was that none of those ponies truly understood what was at stake. He continues to move down the hallway, stopping only when he heard the voice of his mother behind him.

"Permafrost? Talk to me for a minute."

"Why? Just so you can ignore me? So you can belittle my friends?" He says, turning to look at her, frowning.

"Perma.... You're born to be a leader, we aren't ignoring you. Being a leader involves listening to what others have to say."

"Then listen to me, mom. Listen to what I'M saying."

Cuddles sighs, taking a few steps forward. "Just.... come take a seat, son." She clears her throat, gesturing for her son to take a seat next to her. He obliges, though looks away from her. "Have I ever told you the choices I had to make at your age? When I was your age I was just learning what it means to be an adult, I had to make that tough choice between my relationships and my studies... and I chose my relationships, I'm proud you did as well, but it's my job as a parent to make sure your life choices are better than mine, and Perma, sometimes a leader can't make those choices. Especially when it comes between the personal lives of two ponies that you have no control over. You can always try, but sometimes the best decision is one that-"

Permafrost cuts her off, looking at her dead in the eyes, his blue and pink mane falling over his eyes. "Then how come everypony treats us like kids? Like mistakes? Tell me why everypony thinks Winter is just some weak simple stallion? Tell me why everypony things Eclipsa is some sociopath who's only worth how well she shoots? Tell me.... tell me why everypony thinks I'm supposed to just be the leader and.... and not show my emotions too."

Cuddles looks to her son, sternly, though with a slight pang of guilt. She herself has said some things about Winter and Eclipsa in the past, and especially has been pushing her son to be in control.

Perma looks down. "Has... Has anypony even tried to be with them for longer than ten minutes.... has.... has anypony even spent more than 5 minutes looking at us as more than just soldiers for you all to mold? I know none of you have with me.... every since I can remember you've been pushing my siblings and I to be the perfect ponies."

The alabaster mare looks away, aware of how he's feeling. "Perma... I-"

"No, mom... just.... no. I have a best friend to console right now. That's my decision. That's how I'm choosing to lead this situation.... just like how I was told. To lead."

He stands up, trotting away from his mother, the air getting colder around him.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment