• Published 20th Feb 2024
  • 104 Views, 0 Comments

Love Reanimated - Madskullz96



Goodbyes are hard, magic is harder., and some ponies weren't made for it.

  • ...
 0
 104

Prolog

Prolog. - Spring Mid-day

"TWILIGHT!" Rainbow dash screamed, bursting through the doors of Twilight's castle. "Twilight!!! Come quick!" Twilight ran into the room with spike on her heels.

"Rainbow? What's wrong?"

"It's Apple Jack! She..." Rainbow began, fear almost pouring off of her. "She's hurt bad..." Without another word Twilight and Rainbow Dash took off for Sweet Apple Acres.

"Twilight!" called Apple Bloom seeing her sister's friends approaching. "This way!" She shouted running deep into the orchard. On the far side of the orchard, out of sight of the barn, Big Mac pulled as hard as he could, but the tree remained still atop his crushed sister.

"Apple Jack!" Twilight shouted. "What happened?!" She flew over and started to lift the tree with her magic.

"She was bucking apples..." Apple Bloom began. "I was cleaning the barn with Granny." The tree hit the ground with a thud, away from the scene.

"How long has she been like this?" Twilight asked kneeling down.

"I flew over and saw her like this and went for help." Rainbow said.

"She went out at sunrise, like always." Said Apple Bloom. Twilight examined her friend, crushed and bruised.

"Rainbow, go get the doctor!" She called. Rainbow nodded and took off.

"Is there time? Is she ok?" Asked Apple Bloom. Twilight and Big Mac shared a look.

"We're going to do everything we can." Twilight assured. \

"Well do something then!" Apple Bloom said in a panic.

Twilight looked at Big Mac and back at Apple Jack. With a deep breath she closed her eyes and began to cast magic on Apple Jack, trying to mend her bones, check her heart, anything that might help. After a moment she looked up to Big Mac again and shook her head. Big Mac dropped his head in grief.

"No!" Apple Bloom cried.

Filled with sadness, staring at her friend's body on the ground, Twilight stood and closed her eyes again. With a deep breath she harnessed her power, digging deep and cast it on Apple Jack. AJ's body was lifted into the air. Twilight's eyes glowed with a purple light, she began to mumble something, something old. AJ's body started glowing, getting brighter and brighter until it was blinding. Apple Bloom stood by Twilight, mouth open, tears pouring down her face. Twilight was lifted off the ground, her mumbling now louder, her magic straining. Apple Bloom watched in fear as the blinding light overtook her sister. Twilights words now came as a shout, almost crying out as if pained. Upon completing the 5th incantation at this volume, there was a crack like lighting, and Twilight dropped to the ground as the light from AJ flashed around them. Opening her eyes, Apple Bloom saw her sister, standing, smiling.

"Hey y'all" Apple Jack said. "Why is everyone crying? Did I miss something?" She asked. Apple Bloom ran to her sister, hugging her tight. Big Mac joined them, hugging them both. "Aww, y'all, what's this about?" Apple Jack asked. Big Mac let go and stepped back. Apple Bloom looked at AJ.

"You don't remember?"

Back at the barn. "So, I was... dead?" Apple Jack cried. Twilight hung her head.

"You appear to be in perfect health. As if it never even happened." Said Dr. Greymare. "I'd take it easy for a few days. Traumatic experiences tend to cause more problems over time." He continued. "I'll be on call if you need me." Dr. Greymare nodded to Twilight and walked out.

"You're sure you're ok?" Twilight asked Apple Jack.

"I feel fine." Said Apple Jack. "Honestly, if no one told me I died, I'd be more likely to believe I woke up from a nap in the sun. Refreshed and ready for the day ahead." The two mares shared a smile. "Thank you, Twilight."