• Published 10th Mar 2024
  • 230 Views, 1 Comments

The Bite of XX - CTTheSeaWing



Just Starlight and Trixie on honeymoon, nothing can go wrong, right?

  • ...
 1
 230

The Bite of XX

Author's Note:

Hi Fimfiction. This is my first time writing these characters in a few years, forgive me if they're out of character.

I'm also trying to figure out how this site works, so bare with me.

The two mares stumbled out of the cart, giggling. They were currently high on love, if it could be called that, being that their wedding had been mere days ago. The whole of Equestria had been there! Okay, maybe that was an exaggeration, Starlight’d admit as much, but Twilight herself and her main group of friends had been there, as well as Sunburst, traveling all the way from the Crystal Empire. Even Maud, who wasn’t really that big on parties, that being more of her sister’s scene, and of course Pinkie would’ve been there, she basically planned the whole thing! Though Pinkie had chilled out a bit in regarding to her wife being pregnant, but that didn’t take away from the fact that she loved parties. Starlight smiled to herself, she’d honestly thought that Twilight wouldn’t have made it, being too busy and she still didn’t really trust Trixie. Though it was, frustrating, Starlight couldn’t really blame her. But anyways, it had been a great day so far. It almost didn’t make her think about her own past. Either way, she was glad that Twilight had made it in the end. Twilight and her friends had become like a surrogate family to her in way, even though they were the same age. Starlight then turned her attention on her wife. The Great And Powerful Trixie , is a lot of things, but she’s dumb when it comes to feelings. It took her a while to even realize, though Starlight had known for a while. When Trixie lets her ego down, she’s actually quite sweet.

Said Trixie was singing a drunken version of the song that had played as they walked down the aisle, a goblet of cider floating beside her as she did so. Her levitation capabilities a lot stronger since Starlight had been helping her with her magic. Starlight smiled at the sight of this. She’d had some cider herself, but she wasn’t as much of a lightweight as her wife. Her wife. It felt weird to think of Trixie as that still, but she was really happy about it. However, it did look like she would be on pulling the cart duty in the morning judging on how much Trixie was drinking. At this Starlight rolled her eyes affectionately. It still felt so strange that they were currently on their honeymoon. They didn’t really have a set destination and had decided to just see wherever they end up. “Hnnn, why areee you soo beautiful?” Trixie slurred and snapping Starlight out of her thoughts. She felt herself smile. Starlight didn’t really answer and just continued smiling. “Yourrr smileee is prrrettyy… Starly…”

“Okay, time for bed,” Starlight stated, gently starting to levitate her wife back into the cart. Afterwards, Starlight entered herself and Trixie called her from the bed.

“Ssleepp?” She slurred and lay down on the bed. Starlight took the goblet from Trixie who had still had it and then emptied it and put it down. Starlight then looked back at her wife.

“Yeah,” she said and climbed into bed with Trixie, who immediately brought Starlight into her hooves. Starlight smiled softly at Trixie as she also wrapped her hooves around her.

“Youreeeeee warmm.” Starlight chuckled.

“I’ll take your word for it.” She then switched off the light and closed her eyes.

The next morning, Starlight awoke earlier than the two of them and prepared herself for the long journey ahead. She grabbed everything she would need and headed out. She walked over to the harness and did it, wrapping it firmly around her waist. When she started to pull forward, the cart refused to move. She’d forgotten how heavy the cart actually was. It made sense, since it was basically Trixie’s home, but with more force, she finally managed to move it forward. With effort she continued on their journey, taking them wherever her legs would lead her. She decided to head for any sort of civilization so she could get items that could possibly help Trixie’s imminent hangover. However, the only close place in sight was the colony of Thorax, in the barren wasteland known as the Changeling Plains. This place always made Starlight nervous, remembering Chrysalis’ angry declaration of revenge. However, there’d been no sightings of the former Changeling queen in a long while. While walking across the dull blue-gray scene, Starlight couldn’t shake the feeling of something watching her, something vengeful, but she couldn’t see anything. She eventually made it to Thorax’s colony and asked if they had anything to help with a hang over, but Thorax had seemed on edge the entire time, which Starlight found odd. Anyways, she got the herb and left the colony. She walked a bit more before coming to a halt in the middle of nowhere. Trixie should be awake now so she headed inside.

The sensation of eyes watching her suddenly got stronger.

Ignoring that, she started making Trixie a herbal tea to help with the possible hangover. She paused when she heard a slight, buzzing, like the wings of a bee. She looked around, but she couldn’t see anything. She finished the tea and placed it beside the bed before eventually walking out of the cart. As soon as she left she startled.

A pale green unicorn was watching her intently.

What was this unicorn doing out here in the middle of nowhere? The unicorn’s eyes were a blinding green, and a brown mane framed her face. Starlight backed away from the strange unicorn, thinking it was an apparition, but then she spoke. “Hi! My name is Pupa.” Starlight blinked. Something was… off… about this unicorn.

“What are you doing out here?” Starlight couldn’t help but notice rage flash in Pupa’s eyes before she regained her composure. The unicorn simply smiled at her, and Starlight could swear she saw fangs. Which was… strange.

“I heard a great news story about how the queen of the Changelings is still out there somewhere, I’m trying to find her.” Pupa started circling Starlight as she said this, getting too close for comfort, her green gaze briefly morphing into something else. Starlight started backing up and that seemed to be what Pupa wanted her to do.

“There hasn’t been sightings of her in-“ Starlight didn’t notice Trixie leaving the cart.

“Oh there has. But that’s not all I’m here to do…” Pupa’s voice got eerily cold and slightly aggressive. Starlight blinked.

“What else-“

“To make YOU know EXACTLY what it’s like to lose EVERYTHING !” Pupa suddenly growled, biting down hard on Starlight’s back leg with a new found aggression not previously known about. Before the unicorn could do anymore damage Trixie barreled into her from the side.

“What are you doing?!” Pupa got up, and simply looked at Trixie.

“What needs to be done,” she said simply, casting a glare at Starlight, whose leg was suddenly burning up in pain. It was like a dull ache mixed with the sharp pain of an open would. Without another word, Pupa, disappeared as suddenly as she came. Starlight took that moment to examine the wound on her leg. It was black and blue, but strangely, there was also a steady stream of red flowing from it. What kind of wound both bleeds and bruises? Trixie looked worried, and though probably still hung over, helped Starlight back to the cart. She laid Starlight on the bed, and the pain had strangely subsided by then. Trixie wrapped up the wound and tried to disinfect it and she then looked at Starlight.

“You stay here, I’ll continue on the road. We’re going back to Ponyville.”

“What? Why?”

“To get a doctor to look at it.” Starlight didn’t answer as she had ended up falling asleep. By the time she woke up, the sun was starting to set in the sky and promptly Trixie appeared at the door with some sort of bowl. She placed it down on the table and then looked at Starlight. “Eat.” Starlight gazed at the soup. It looked like soup, it smelled like soup, but strangely…

“I’m not hungry.”

Comments ( 1 )

Well, it was fine, I guess? But I found it rather difficult to figure out what was happening.

The constant use of unnecessary commas, the talking without the name of the pony talking in a few cases. Plus the paragraphs were a bit rushed and crammed together, so my eyes got confused and couldn't comprehend what was happening.

Login or register to comment