• Published 7th May 2024
  • 293 Views, 6 Comments

Mana is Magic - Alex1108

  • ...
 6
 293

Chapter 8

I was laying on bed and sleeping when I heard knocking from the front door. “I'm coming!” I shouted out. I got up out of bed and put on my catalyst. The knocking continued. “Hang on, just give me a minute!” I shouted. As I opened the door there was a guard holding some mail.

“Greetings sir.” He greeted me.
“Hi.” I told him while I was half awake.
“Hears some mail and once you can Cadence will be waiting for you over at the Crystal palace.” he told me while handing me the mail.
“Thank you. I’ll be there in a little bit.”
“Have a nice day.”
“You too.”

I closed the door and looked through the mail and there was a leader from Celestia. It read. “My faithful student Twilight Sparkle: I've heard that you've gone to the Crystal Empire to go through the records and books to gather some information about the Empire. I am fine with this and I may ask can you bring some to canterlot? If you can, I would be grateful. From your teacher/Princess Celestia.” “Oh, this leader is for Twilight.” I told myself and put it back in the envelope and put it up. I got a shower then I went out with the leader and Sombra’s book and walked to the Crystal palace. While I was walking to the palace I saw a symbol painted on a wall on one of the buildings. It was a green eye with purple fumes coming out of it. But I continued. When I got to the palace I was greeted by a guard and he escorted me to the throne room. When I entered the throne room I saw Cadence, her husband Shining with a cup of tea, a brown griffin with a white tail and twilight.

“What do you need me for Princes?” I asked.
“Well today is the day that you'll be starting this project and these towers need a name and we figured that you're in charge of the project. Maybe you can name them?” Cadence asked.
“Well they have been reversed engineered by our toasters. So maybe just call them Toaster Towers.”
“Ya that sounds about right.”
“I also have some news for you.”
“Oh you have twilight’s mail?”
“Yes and this is a massive shocker.”
“What is it?”
“I found it in the middle of the road KING SOMBRA’S JOURNAL!”
“What?”
“Ya I got his journal. See.” I handed them the book.
“Sam you fell to release this is just some ponies fanfiction.” Cadence told me while laughing.
“Well are you shore?”
“Ya it's just written in old ponyish and in a journal format that's it.”
“Well the plot seems interesting.”
“Whatever you say Sam.”

After humiliating myself in front of the rollers of the Empire. Twilight gave me my mail and I gave her her’s. I walked out the Palace and looked at what I got. I've gotten a check book and a leader. The leader read “Dear Moon Cuddler (Sam): I forgot to give you a check book so you can. Well feed yourself and the reason why in writing this like the modern pony is because I'm trying to get up to date on the way ponies speak and right so I'm learning on that. Also when you come back can you please cuddle me because last night I got lonely and cuddled my sister but she was too big. Im thanking on asking Vera to cuddle me. From your cuddle bud moony (Luna). PS if you can can you plz send me a leader back.”

I smiled and went back home to get ready for the day. I put the leader and book on the bed. Took a shower, got my teeth cleaned and grabbed the chack book to get myself breakfast. After a while of searching I found a place called Hayberger. it’s one of the newer buildings so it looks out of place. I walked in and a male pigasus greeted me. “How many?” he asked. “One.” I told him and he took me to my seat. Once he got me a seat, he gave me a menu and said. “Hear in a little bit I’ll be getting your order.” Then he left. As he was gone I looked around and the lase wasn't all that busy. I looked at the menu. It seemed to be a normal burger junt. But instead of meat it's hay. But there was a griffin section which had all of the good stuff. I found an axial burger. It had beef like patte, ketchup, mustard, cheese and lettuce. There was a massive hashbrown as well so I'm going to have that as well. He came back and asked.

“Are you ready to order?”
“Yes I weld like the Griffer with a side of hasher.” I told him.
“You know the Griffer isn't made for ponies right?”
“I know and that's where the good stuff is.”
“What good stuff?”
“Meat the cooked flesh of animals.”
“Uh… ok sir.”

Then he left. I saw him talking to another worker or manager then that guy looked at me and then they went to the back. After a while I got my food and the staff were at the checkout area looking at me. So I started to eat my burger and the staff stared at me like I'm one of those florida men doing it’s traditional weird crime. Then some of the customers took noted and started to look at me. Soon the whole restaurant was just looking at me. I started to eat lowder to make all of them more wired out. Shortly after I got halfway through my burger a guard came and just saw what was going on and he just had that nope face and walked out. After I had my food I came up to the desk and paid. It was 67 bits for the whole thing and I went on my way. I decided to go to the train station scents where the towers were coming.

After a while an army came but not an army of guards but an army of blue collar workers. After some more time a train came with all the parts and the workers started to unload. While every pony unloaded the train I decided to read the ‘fanfiction’ I found.

Over a 1000 years ago.

Sombra was happy today, his wife asleep in bed and his servants cared for her. But sadly he is going to a meeting with the king and his advisers about the threat of the warlords.

“Your highness, these warlords are a major threat! Don't we at least get funds for the military so we can stand a chance.” Adviser Down Hoof told the king.
“NO! More lollipops!” the king demanded. With his small body and stubby legs.
“Your highness you're 20 years old and… your highness swallow your spit.”
The king swallowed his spit and siad. “Ok but I want lollipops!”
“Yes, your highness. Any moment now Captain Sombra will be here.”

Sombra walked down the halls wearing an odd looking robe on him. He nodded to the guard and entered the throne room and greeted the king.

“Greeting King Darklok.” Sombra said with a panishent voice. “I've made a massive discovery in my richerch!”
“Like what?” Adviser Down Hoof.
“I’ve discovered how changelings change their appearance! And I’ve utilized it.”
“Thou mad how can thee do such a thing?”
“Wach.” Sombra used mana feed on his robe and his form changed to that of his adviser then back to normal.
“My Borios. This can help in war and spying all together!”
“NO! This isn't important, the important thing is my lollipops!” the king told them.
“But sir we do respect you but this can turn the tide of war.” Sombra pleaded.
“NO! It's a waste of resources. Get him out of my sight!” the king angrily said.

Sombra was grabbed by the guards and kinked out of the palace. While Sombra walked home, Down Hoof was disgusted not by Sombra but by King Darklok but Down Hoof hatched a plan. Later Down Hoof came up to Sombra’s home. He knocked on the door then one of Sombra’s servants opened the door.

“Greetings Down Hoof what may I be at thou’s needs?” the servant asked.
“Is Sombra home or at least his wife?”
“Yes he is, he's just taking care of his wife.”
“Ah I see, can I come in?”
“Yes I’ll go tell Sombra.”

Down Hoof took a seat and Smbra was notified by his arrival. After a while Sombra came down to see him.

“Adviser.” Sombra Greeted.
“Capten.” Doun Hoof Greeted. “So how did thee make such a break thru?”
“It wasn't as hard as I honestly thought.”
“Rely.”
“The pattern on the robe is the same pattern in the changeling’s exoskeleton and all I had to do was copy it and enchant the robe with the same pattern and that's it.”
“Impresif but I didn't come here to talk to you about the robe.”
“Then what did thou come here for exactly?”
“Can we talk in private?”

Sombra nodded and signaled his Servants to leave the room.

“Ok. Thou is the captain of the royal guard right.” Down Hoof said. “And the king is hated by his subjects right. How about we take over the empire, kill the king and you become king and we prepare for the warlord.”
“I was thinking the same thing as well.” Sombra Told him.
“With my knowledge of the system and thee’s army we could save the Empire!”
“That's a plan.” Sombra said, accepting the deal.

After they made the deal, Sombra went to his journal and wrote about what happened that day.

Present day.

After we unloaded the train we put all the parts in a warehouse in the city. After that the sun was setting and it was quieten time for every pony. I decided to go to the store and get an enchanting ink, string, some white cloth and some sewing tools, because I wanted to see if the book was Sombra’s diary or just fiction. When I got home and went inside. I locked the door, put my stuff down and got to work on this changing magic. Lucky all the way back in high school I took a sewing class. So hopefully my high school years don't fall on me. I followed the drawings in the journal on this.

I sewed myself a hoodie hedging all away to the flank. It wasn't professionally made but it still works. On the journal’s drawings it seemed that the enchantment goes around the body in a pattern of spirals and circles. So soaked the strings in ink and sowed the pattern in. After some time it was finished. “Ok all I have to do is put mana feed in and…” I said while I used mana feed. I didn't work. I felt sad but when I looked at my right front lage it cached. I was going for a blue stallion but this is good for now. I felt the fabric but it seemed so real. I pulled my sleeves back and it broke the aloshen. I cleaned everything up and went to bed.

Meanwhile in a dark alley in Crystal City.

“Greetings, what is the report?” Said a hooded pony to the other.
“Well some pony found it.” The other pony said.
“Dowen Hoof would be pleased.”

Comments ( 2 )

Welcome to a world of magic horses, raciest racist griffins and shapeshifting bug horses. Fallow Follow Sam through this world and his adventure of advancing the natives technology, make making friends and enemies. being summand summoned by the ryal royal sisters by table. Will Sam help modernizes modernize Equestria? (first person) (My I have spelling/grammar mistakes)

warnings: HiE, Social comnitery commentary, cuddling, and boring worldbuilding.

I also have no idea what you mean by 'by table'.

11938970
11939021
Thanks for the help I'm a new in the writing and this is just the hobby.

Login or register to comment