Fixing the Finale 172 members · 186 stories
Comments ( 22 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 22

I wasn't a big fan of this season. A lot of stuff went down, and not all of it I liked.
Discord being Grogar was a mess. It didn't make any sense.
The resolution of the whole Daring Do thing didn't make ANY sense, and didn't fit with Ahouizotl's previous behavior. (sorry if I misspelled his name, I'm too lazy to look it up lol)
.......I'm sorry. I don't ship Big Mac and Sugar Belle.
The only good thing that happened was Pinkie's hair in The Last Problem. Oh, and CheesePie! :yay:
I did like an episode or two, like Student Counsel, because Maud is frickin hilarious when she's in love. That one episode where Twilight's in the quiz show was funny too--I don't remember it's name though.
I also liked She Talks to Angel, but only for that one line: "I want to marry Discord." XD
what do the rest of you think?

They really wanted to wrap it all up quickly and they should have given the producers another season to do so. It all just felt rushed and like they wanted to quickly get it out of the way...

I agree the whole discord being Grogar thing was just a bad idea. What was the point in building up a villain to look like the baddest only to be a fake? Ah well, I get to have him be the main villain in my primary fix fic project for the finale.

See? It's not all bad.

I left all my thoughts on the finale in my Author's Note for my Alt. Ending, The Legion's Equestria, which can be found in this group.

The ending was definitely the worst of it, with Garble and the Daring Do villains being a close second. Personally, I think Grogar being Discord was a last minute thing because of the reception these bad reformations got, because literally everyone suspected that the Legion of Doom would backstabbed by Grogar and ally with the Mane 6 to beat and reform.

They just thought we didn't want a reformation period, when in truth, we just wanted a good one that didn't rewrite evil characters as sympathetic through Lore-Rape.

Oh boy, oh boy...where do I begin? Okay, first of all, thank you for your honesty and sharing your thoughts with us. Honesty is key as constantly reinforced in the show. Now, allow me to share my thoughts on this half-raped season as follows:

1). Discord being Grogar. Why, in the name of Cybertron, would they EVER think of wasting away such a beloved G1 villain who has been absent from the franchise for over 30 years? He was literally the only reason why I was enjoying season 9!! I was so excited to see him face off against the Mane Six, Discord, and the alicorns! I had a lot of dreams about him last summer of backstabbing the villains!! Then, they pulled...an Iron Man 3???? COME ON!!! :flutterrage:

2). The most hated episodes on my end were 2,4,6 Greaaat and A Trivial Pursuit (that’s the name since you asked). I hated how Rainbow and Twilight behaved in those episodes! Why would you ever pull such a scumbag move on Pinkie, Twilight?! You idiot!! Episode 15 was also very boring. Sorry, I’m not a fan of Buckball episodes.

3). The Last Problem was decent but, to me, it felt like the writers were pandering to the fans. Seriously, screw that ending.

4). The villains were the best parts of the season. Take them out, and the whole season falls apart. Those are my thoughts. Thank you for reading this. :twilightsmile:

StarlightisVERYcute
Group Admin

I actually liked most of the season. There were only a few episodes I didn't like. A Trivial Pursuit, 2, 4, 6, Greaaat, and of course the last three stood out as by far the worst. I actually really liked the premiere because it set up so much cool stuff! If they'd sticked to what was laid out and implied there, I think the finale would have been far better.
It wasn't. The leaks have revealed that the Grogar=Discord twist was planned from before they started storyboarding.

Oh...well there goes any respect I had for the writers

I only liked Trivial Pursuit because MaudBriar was in it. :rainbowlaugh:
Same. I am very disappointed.

4 simple words of why I hate the Season most of all:

Celestia and Luna's Retirement.

IT MADE NO LICK OF SENSE AT ALL! :flutterrage:

I don't know....to me it sort of did.
Well, not them moving to a FRICKIN RETIREMENT HOME. I can see that after years of ruling, they might want a break, to lead normal lives.

But to most of us, it just doesn't make sense that Luna of ALL ponies wants to retire as well. I mean come on: She only came back from being in the moon a few years ago! IT'S SO UNFAIR TO HER!

Yeah, that IS ridiculous. She only gets like three years or so of having a say in things before being kicked off the throne.
#giveLunamorethronetime

And most of all: It's just unfair that Twilight has to rule alone. I mean, WHAT PURPOSE DOES THAT EVEN MEAN ANYWAYS!?!! IT'S GONNA WEAR HER OUT ENTIRELY!

I KNOW!!!!
Give Starlight Glimmer some wings maybe, or heck, even Trixie. Or they could drag Sunset Shimmer back from the human world. XD

YEAH.

Why I hate the Season 9 Celestia and Luna's Retirement Arc most of all.... Hasbro trying to follow, and poorly if I may add, of Lauren Faust's original vision of Twilight succeeding Celestia. I mean that's great and all but Hasbro forgot one thing: So much has changed since Lauren Faust was last involved in the show back in oh what.... Season 2 was it?

And besides, why even bring that up at all Hasbro? AT ALL?!!! -_-

Here's what Celestia is thinking, knowing that Retirement was a bad idea for her and Luna. :/

I love that one!!!!! I can see how Celestia would be so BORED, because she loves adventure.

Honestly I wonder did Faust even intended for Luna to retire too or would she rule alongside Twilight?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 22