Fixing the Finale 172 members · 186 stories
Comments ( 17 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 17

Remember what prompted Celestia to decide to get her and Luna to retire is apparently Equestria experienced a long time of "peace" since a long while?
Imagine how hilarious it would be if Discord's plan backfired and ended up basically scaring either sister out of retiring.
I mean, with how peaceful Equestria apparently had gotten, the moment the sisters decided to retire... BAM, a villain who's supposed to be dead came back and caused trouble. At such a seemingly strange timing too.
That right there might cause either sister(maybe especially Luna) to go "maybe retiring isn't a good idea.." or end up taking it as a sign that they aren't suppose to retire.

Just imagine how hilarious Discord's reaction would be.

You’re literally laughing out loud, aren’t you? :trixieshiftright:

Awwww... thinking of how Discord can hilariously embarrass himself... I can imagine that.

Surprised that didn't happen in the show.
Like with either sister beginning to have second thoughts about retiring.

Discord would certainly freak out for sure, lel

THAT WOULD BE AMAZING HANDS DOWN!

Besides, it would finally see some sense in why Celestia and Luna shouldn't retire in the first place! :ajsmug:

It would be funny to see Discord feeling ridiculous as he just freed three other villains.

And how awkward he felt with what he had just caused to the Crystal Empire, Spike and also the Tree being destroyed(or at least rendered useless since it didn't even appear in the finale. Pretty much its spirit is now powerless to do anything pretty much.).

Don't forget my reply. ^^;

Whoops. Sorry

Kind of wished the season 10 comics touch on the issue of the sisters retiring like that.
Still not fond about Luna retiring

It's k :)

Yeah, hopefully my idea would be this for the comics: Celestia and Luna come back, decided that it was wrong for them to retire, and regain their proper spots, and thus the ruling system would go back to being balanced with the 5 Princesses! (Yes I count Flurry Heart as a princess anyways. :/)

How's that? :)

Yep, it's like Hasbro forgot about what Luna did prior to the events of the show. Good Grief. :facehoof:

It felt like there should be a bunch of issues for Luna there but it all got brushed aside.

Agreed.

Sometimes I just wish this stupid arc in Season 9 never happened at all. It's just pointless to bring up something Lauren wanted for Twilight when the show was in development even when so many things have changed since her original vision. -_- :ajbemused:

If they wanted to honor Faust's original idea, the big question would be did she intended for Luna to step down too or would Luna co-rule with Twilight? I don't think she mentioned anything about Luna's fate in her original idea there.

And of course the bigger question: Did she even WANT Twilight Sparkle to become an Alicorn in order to be ruler and fulfill her original vision? :/

Not sure

I wonder what Faust even planned at all for Luna's case in general.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 17