Fixing the Finale 172 members · 186 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2

Anyway, Season 10 better do them justice. I mean, it's technically going to be canon.

I got to see the first comic via YouTube one time, and honestly...I wasn’t impressed. The overall direction that they’re clearly taking pretty much feels like another example of Allspark squandering the franchise by overlooking the potential of characters outside of the Main Six, and it was frankly hard for me to visualize everything in my head.

Glad I don’t have to count them as canon, that’s for sure.

Yeah... why did they make these three the villains again instead of it being Grogar? Oh right! Because these three had better relations to the Mane 6.

But if these three had strong relations to the Mane 6... then wouldn't it have been better if they realized that they would need to work with their greatest foes in order to stop a great threat? It seems much more impactful, to be honest... and a bit more meaningful. The way I see it, it's better to have enemies realize that they may need the help of those that they hated the most... the heroes.

I’ll be front about this:

Before the revelation that Discord turned out to be Grogar came to light, I was less than enthused by the demon ram coming into the picture, as incorporating him in that season despite having little connection with the Main Six would’ve been too unnecessary because he’d be another new character with little development and wasted potential. Plus, with how much more focus the Legion of Doom was getting compared to Grogar, he was starting to feel all-the-more...unimportant.

All in all, I’m pretty much perhaps one of the only people who was pleased with the decision to have Discord pose as Grogar, as well as with the Legion of Doom being unredeemed and turned to stone.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2