• Published 21st Mar 2023
  • 1,774 Views, 29 Comments

Dusk & Twilight Swap Places - Cxcd



Twilight finds herself in a gender-bent version of Equestria. She needs to find a way home! Of course, she does want to go home, right?

  • ...
9
 29
 1,774

07 - Princess Celestia

Dear Princess Celestia


My name is Twilight Sparkle.

I come from Canterlot, and was elected into your school for gifted Unicorns. Last Summer Sun Celebration, a pony known as Prince Solaris sent me to Ponyville, to learn about friendship, and to oversee the celebration. I found five of my best friends that day, and we later discovered that we were the Elements of Harmony. We grouped together, and with the power of friendship, banished Nightmare Moon, recovering Prince Artemis from his prison.

I hope this sounds familiar.

I am your student, Dusk Shine. A few days ago, I found a book titled ‘Alternate Dimensions and You.’ Against my better knowledge, I cast a spell that made me transport dimensions. I come from a dimension where every gender is flipped. I couldn’t help myself but cast it, against the text’s warnings, and for that, I’m sorry. I had to see what was on the other side, and I apologize.

However, I am not reaching out to you to beg you to send me back.

Instead, I write to you because I hope you can accept me as one of Equestria’s citizens.

I realize that Dusk Shine was your student, as was I Prince Solaris’s student. But I found something here that I can’t get back in my own world. I found love. I found Rainbow.

In the deepest parts of my heart, I ask that you let me stay a citizen of this world. I understand if you wish to send me back.


Your faithful student, Twilight Sparkle.



Dear Twilight Sparkle.


I am… happy and amused that you managed to find a special somepony. I didn’t think that Dusk Shine would ever find a special somepony in a million years! (No offense)

I find it… quite strange that my student is an infinite distance away in another universe. And if what you said is true, I will humbly accept the fact that my own double will be showing the same respect I show you. After discussing it briefly with my sister, we have come to the decision to let you stay in this Equestria.

Me and Princess Luna welcome you with open hooves, and I give your relationship with Ms. Dash my blessing. It would be a crime of romance to split you two up. I have also started the process of changing your legal documents from Dusk Shine to Twilight Sparkle. If you get mail in the next few days saying you are flagged for tax fraud, just ignore it until all the kinks are worked out.

However, with all of that said, the transferring of Dusk and Twilight means your friendship lessons will be sped up significantly. Keep Spines close by, as your next friendship lesson will begin shortly. I believe it has something to do with an unfinished spell of a very important pony.


Signed, Princess Celestia.

Author's Note:

Hey ya'll. I hope you enjoyed this story, because I had one of the worst weeks in my entire life.

I could really use a positive comment or two. I was going to just dump everything that happened this week in the author's note box, but I decided not to do that. I've just never felt this depressed in my life before.

Thank you, and I hope I put a smile on your face.

Comments ( 20 )

Story is great, but where TF are the Dusk Shine parts? You just totally ignored Dusk Shine.

Cxcd #2 · Mar 22nd, 2023 · · 1 ·

11536059
sorry. Dusk Shine and Twilight are the exact same characters. So similar that in my Do It For Her story, I already wrote the chapters with Twilight and last minute decided to swap her out for Dusk Shine because I thought it was funny. whenever I tried introducing Dusk it wasn't any better or worse, so I just kept him out. sorry.

11536069
I am kind of disappointed we didn't get to see who dusk gets with

11536124
Rainbow Blitz, because both dimensions are the exact same, only flipped genders.

Man I loved this story thanks for writing it :raritystarry:

11536138
Okay. Wasn't sure.

But wouldn't that be rainbow dash x dusk then

Absolutely lovely story TwiDash has always been my favorite so I'm glad to see more writing for it well written and great prompt excited to see what you write next :rainbowkiss:

This was super cute, I love how you set up the stakes of Dusk Shine and Twilight using a dangerous amount of magic so recklesly and suffering the consequences for it and how they accept (and want) their new reality. Its cute that the same story is playing out in the other universe as well.

If you screw your gender-flipped self, does it count as incest or as masturbation?

Now I wonder how Dusk is doing on the other side and slightly surprised neither princess has shown up to confirm the swap. Also where is Spines Celestia mentions him/ her put we don't see the dragon in the story. Beyond this last bit and my curiosity a very well written story

What's gonna happen with Spike? Isn't he gonna miss Twilight horribly?

This was a nice story; I enjoyed it very much.

I do feel that Twilight probably should have asked Celestia to at least send a letter to her home dimension at the end--with a similar letter arriving from her counterpart. Just something to let their family and friends know their original versions are safe, happy, and in love. Otherwise you do have this unresolved issue. What if Dusk actually does get Prince Solaris to send him back?

11536069
So what I'm taking out of this, is that what Twilight Sparkle's experiences here is the same as with Dusk Shine, with him beginning a relationship with one Rainbow Blitz? That's what I'm gonna assume.

Cxcd #16 · Mar 23rd, 2023 · · 1 ·

11537128
Yeah. The story is the exact same with Dusk and Blitz.

'Twas a fun, heartwarming story! Have an upvote :twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment