• Published 14th May 2024
  • 393 Views, 35 Comments

Spike's and Twilight's lost Connections - Twilightsonic75



Spike believes that she and Twilight are drifting apart, and wants to get closer to her friends. Can he succeed?

  • ...
2
 35
 393

Cloud touring

If Spike had a bucket list, then visiting cloudsdale would be number 3 on the list. Right after being Cadence's and Rarity's drakefriend and being a national hero. He totally did...one and half anyway, at least Rarity was interested in sharing anyway, so there's a chance in the future. But right now, he was excited! Cas, he FINALLY gets to go to cloudsdale! The city made of clouds! Fortunately he had time to head to the library and find Twilight's cloud walker potion so he can walk on clouds.


With a ride on Rainbow dash's back, Spike had FINALLY reached the place he always wanted to go! And he was very excited to be with the coolest Pegasus he knew...and nervous. He hoped not to embarrass her while he was up here.

Rainbow dash on the other hoof, was hoping not to embarrass HIM on their trip here. She wanted for the trip to go smoothly. After all, She realized that Spike was the only one of his friends to not come with them to cloudsdale. He was robbed of the young flyers Competition, and none of them made the effort to return to cloudsdale with Spike. Even though she didn't live in cloudsdale any more, she was proud of her home town! And wanted to show Spike what made it a great city!

"Wow! So THIS is cloudsdale!? It's even cooler then I thought!" Spike said excitingly, still couldn't believe he was FINALLY here!

Rainbow dash saw the excitement in Spike's eyes, and couldn't help but blush at him. She blushed with pride that this city could still make some ponys, or dragons, excitement or being in the city. Especially since the love of her life was finally gets to experience what makes cloudsdale so great! ...wait 'love of her life'? Where did that come from? Sure she felt an urge back at the boutique when he called her name in pleasure, but that was at the heat of the moment for him...right? She decided to save it for later and focus on the here and now and show Spike a grand time in cloudsdale.


"So Spike! What spectacular cloudsdale attraction do you wanna see first? Downtown, The weather factory, Rainbow river!" Rainbow said in excitement.

Spike was confused about the last part. He heard of the weather factory and about much of a tourist attraction is from Twilight. But This 'Rainbow river' was a new one for him, he didn't know if it was something Twilight didn't mention for some reason or forgot to tell him about. So he said "What's rainbow river? I've never heard of it."

Rainbow dash has a shocked look on her face. Thinking that Spike didn't know about the best place in cloudsdale in her opinion. But then she remembered that it was her secret place. A place that nopony knew about. Not her parents, not Gilda, not even fluttershy knew about that place. She didn't had plans to tell Spike about it, but she believed that he was worthy of knowing. So she decided to show it to hom later. "I can show you Rainbow river later, how about downtown? I actually have a place I wanna show you now."

While Spike was curious about Rainbow River, going to downtown sounded exciting, so he said "Alright! Let's go to downtown then!"

As they arrived in downtown, it looked busy. Pegasus were flying left and right, hurring to there jobs and other events they had planned. There were surprisingly some unicorns and earth ponys on the cloud walkways near the shops. But the shop Rainbow dash was going to was something he never expected her to go to. A clothing store.

"Here we are Spike. Vicponia's secret. Look only fluttershy knows that I come here. So I'm trusting you not to tell the others ok?"

Spike looked at the window display real quick and saw what was on display before saying "I promise Rainbow, but umm...is this a mare's ummm... it this a mare's lingerie store?!"

Rainbow was embarrassed as she said "keep your voice down! And yes, it's a lingerie store. It was my second job before I worked at the weather factory."

Spike was curious about that and said "what was your first job and why did you wanna work In a lingerie store?"

"I'll show you later. As for why I worked here foe a while? Well...come on in and I'll show you~" rainbow teased as Spike began to feel a familiar feeling he had back at Carousel boutique when Rarity teased him. He had to push it down for now as to not embarrass himself or Rainbow dash here in cloudsdale. He calmed himself, and followed Rainbow inside.

Inside was decorated like a nightclub with a elegant feel of high-end class. It reminded him of a cantrlot shop In a way. What immediately caught his attention was all the mare lingerie that was displayed on the plastic models In the store. He began to have flashbacks of cadence teasing him by walking around in their private wing of the castle wearing such lingerie and having to run to the nearest restroom.

Rainbow saw the massive blushing he had on and thought it was massively cute. Wait cute? She began to blush as she was noticing her growing feelings for Spike, but again she pressed them down for now to mend their friendship.

As the two of them were in thought a voice rang out saying "Rainbow dash?! Is that you?!" Rainbow turned around to see where was the voice came and saw a mint green Pegasus with a baby blue manel styled similar to how Rainbow's mane looked, with a star filled cutie mark and black spot on her flank the showed stars on her cutie mark more. "Nightlife?!" Rainbow said, recognizing the mare behind the counter.

Nightlife came out of the counter and said "good to see you love! How are you?"

Rainbow hugged Nightlife and said "oh you know, training for the wonderbolts and all the jazz. Nothing special love."

Spike was surprised by this and said "you two know each other?"

Rainbow looked at Spike and said "Oh right. *ahem* Spike, let me introduce you to nightlife. Manager of Vicponia's secret and my old boss. Nightlife,this is Spike the dragon."

Nightlife looked at Spike with suspicious face and said "Spike...spike...wait. that name sounds familiar. Is your full name Spike drake solàr?"

Spike was horrified that this random mare knew his full name. But he didn't have a choice or opinions now on how to get out of this while keeping the secret, or he came Clean and said "yes. That's my full name."

Rainbow was shocked to say the least 'wait...Spike's a prince?! And I brought him to a lingerie store?! He must think I'm gonna seduce him or something!'

Spike immediately saw Rainbow's face and said "Rainbow! I'm not different then you know! I may be a prince, but I'm still the same dragon you got to know. Please don't treat me differently, please!" Rainbow calmed down after he said that, put her hoof on his shoulder and said "of course Spike. You won't get Special treatment from me. But you will get special treatment as my friend- no. My BEST friend. You've been their for us for a long time now, and sacrificed so much for us. And that was BEFORE I knew you were a prince. Its part of who you are. And you should be comfortable with it. You'll still be Spike the dragon to me. But I wouldn't mind getting to know Spike the prince too as well as the others Im sure.


Spike, for the first time ever, was excited that somepony wanted to get to know his prince side without getting taking advantage of! He hugged her and side "thanks Rainbow, but other then our friends, and miss nightlife, can we keep my prince side a secret? I don't want to make a big fuss about it. Promise?"

Rainbow nodded and said "cross my heart, hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye."

Nightlife while confused still said "don't worry kid, I understand, You secret is safe here. Hay its not called vicponia's secret for nothing."

Spike smilled and said "thank you both! But nightlife, how did you know that I was a prince?"

Nightlife had gotten a sluty look on her and said "oh a certain group of clientele has been shopping her for a couple of years now. And most of them came from cantrlot castle~ something about showing a certain drake a great show on the weekends~"

"Mep" was all Spike could say as certain memories came flooding back and a aroused grin came to his face. Rainbow had a teasing look on his face and said "ooooh somepony's got some juicy story's to tell~ what's the scoop?"

Spike was about to tell when a customer walked in and Spike hid to avoid scandal. Rainbow dash then said "you can tell me later~ *wink*"

After the customer left the three of them continued to talk when Spike then asked "so nightlife. What was Rainbow's job here anyway? I've been wondering what it was here for a while?"

Rainbow dash blushed as she figured this was gonna come up eventually. As nightlife said "she was a lingerie model. And I mean a live model. Back in the day, we use to had fashion shows to show of our new wears for our mare customers. And for the stallion customers that were shopping for their marefriends well...they would get a 'different show' if you know what I mean."

If Rainbow gotten any more redder, she would be as purple as Twilight. But what got got Rainbow super embarrassed was when Spike said "wish I could have seen that. I bet that would have been the best show ever~"

Nightlife had gotten a sly idea as she headed for the front door, put the close sign on, locked the door, and said "wanna see it in a private showing~" Rainbow immediately got jealous and said "what?! Hey hold on, you can't just-"

Nightlife smiled and said "I never said that I would preform love, I'm unfortunately not in model shape anymore since I became manager. YOU on the other hoof~"

Rainbow looked confused at first, wondering why nightlife would say that. She was still in shape to put on a show for Spike. Hay, she remembered that she was more of a showmare then she was due to her stage fright of not looking hot enough.

Spike immediately understood what she meant, he had to admit that nightlife was hot, but to him, Rainbow dash was even hotter! Like lava hot! He then looked at her with pleading eyes and said "please Rainbow! I would love to have one of my best friends put on a show for me. And maybe I can put one on for you too~"

Rainbow was suddenly charged up, looked at the both of them, and thought 'no fair ganging up on me' she had to admit that doing a show for old time sake was interesting. However, what nightlife whispered just then made her decision for her, "Don't be afraid to show off your girly side love. It IS your best friend after all. And he won't judge you, show him the other side of your coin like he is now"

She made her decision as her face suddenly changed. She when from her strong, fierce look...into a innocent, cute look that made him extremely red. It got worse when Rainbow said "p-please be gentle spike."

Spike didn't know what to do. The restrooms were out of order and he didn't see a private space to release his 'stream'.

Rainbow continued, "f-fluttershy isn't the only one who can get nervous. I usually hide it this side of me Cas of my tomboy image." She then had her anime girl moment and said "But if you can be brave and embrace your royal side, then I can too!"

Spike nearly fainted from her moment and she quickly got dressed. When Rainbow dash returned, she was in a sexy black colored lingerie with a see though slip and matching socks. Spike knew that this was gonna be good.


A few hours later



After the show was over Spike and rainbow dash left after saying goodbye to nightlife, who Said that the next time he comes for a visit SHE came put on a private show for him too. Much to Rainbow's annoyance. leaving, they went on to explore the weather factory and after that they went to Rainbow's first job at the swirlcone's ice cream palor. Rainbow then told Spike that she was fired Cas she didn't be the manager at the time's marefriend. Which was for the best since he was fired the same day she was.


After their tasty treat, Rainbow took Spike on to the outskirts of town and brought him to a secret piece of land that was floating in the sky. It wasn't like a massive piece of land like a Connecticut, but it was definitely a big island. Spike was surprised at the beautiful green of the island. But his eyes were still looked on his cute guide. Spike couldn't help it now. After the private show she gave him, Spike's heart made room for Rainbow dash as he was totally in love now.

Rainbow also admitted that during her performance she noticed a certain something between his legs Spike was trying to suppress. And it made her felt great to be seen like a mare again. And she also accepted that during her performance, she had fully fallen in love with Spike. His cute face finally broke her, but she didn't want to tell him yet till she talked to Rarity first.

They eventually made it rainbow river and true to it's name, was filled with rainbow colored water. He was amazed on how the river was naturally colored like this or If it tasted different. But his thoughts were cut when Rainbow said " looks pretty, isn't it?"

Rainbow felt free, now she was letting out her girly side. It had been too long since the last time she let this side of her out. But...it was different this time. She would normally let it out for a few minutes at a time. But ever since she heard nightlife's advice, she's hasn't been able to switch off her girly side. If anything, she feels ENCOURAGED to stay like this around him.

"Rainbow?" Spike said peacefully. "This has been one of the best days of my life. Thank you." He kissed Rainbow on the check and she immediately turned red and did two things she's NEVER done. She giggled at Spike and snuggled in his chest, despite his small frame, and said "No. Thank YOU Spike. I haven't been this free of myself in a long time. I felt like a HAD to act like the hero, a tomboy, and at times...a colt."

She started to tear up, remembering the pain she experienced though her fillyhood, and did something she absolutely never thing she'd do...cry. She cried on his scales, releasing a torrent of tears, years of pain she released on Spike. Before today, she wouldn't even think of doing this. But at this moment, she didn't care of pride or image. She didn't care if anyone caught her like this. Not even the wonderbolts. She wanted, for once, to feel vulnerable, to be in the comfort of somepony, or somedrake.

Spike, as hard as he tried to comfort Rainbow, started to remember all the pain he felt at cantrlot, but was forced to bury due to his role as both prince AND Twilight's number one assistant. The bullying by blue blood, the hurt of being denied being with cadence cas of that dumb law, And The neglect from Twilight when she would go off and forget him. The most recent incident he remembered was when she moved her birthday party to cantrlot and never told him.
All the embarrassment, all the misery, all the pain in his heart...it was too much for him.

Rainbow dash looked up and saw Spike in such pain, that it made HER even sadder then before, she hugged him and cried on his shoulder. Sad that she didn't know what to do.

For spike, that was it. The walls around his heart crumbled, and years of pain came pouring out on Rainbows mane, but she didn't care now. The two of them continued to cry for over an hour as the sun set on their perfect day.


Meanwhile in cantrlot

As princess Celestia lower the sun once again on another day, and let her sister take over the night shift, she felt a pain in her heart. A pain that was so unbearable, so crushing, it made the pain of losing her sister for a thousand years feel like nothing. She then realized that this pain can only be from one being. A being that meant more to her then all of equestria.

"My baby is hurting...and I'm not there for him AGAIN!" Celestia HATED this feeling of being powerless. ESPECIALLY when it involved her son. She sometimes wished she could give up her crown, her kingdom, just to be with her son. Like a mother was supposed to be! She cursed herself for not being there to comfort him, to cuddle him, to spend time with him.

She hated to keep their relationship as mother and son a secret from the public eye. And even keep her secret feelings for her son, that weren't just familial a secret. Yes, she was in love with Spike in that way. She wished she could be with Spike not just as his mother, but also as his marefriend.

Then she got an idea. A Brilliant idea. The princess got a amazingly,Wonderful , idea! She had remembered an old cabin she had in the forest near silver shores. A remote cabin that nopony knew about. So remote, that nopody can possibly ruin the moment for them! She giggled at the idea and decided to go though with it. She when to sleep, dreaming of their perfect day as mother and son... and hopefully as lovers.

Author's Note:

...I know that I said this was be a more wholesome chapter...but I couldn't resist! As soon as I put on the name of the store, it was too late! Also if you guys want to see what happened in Spike's flashback AND Spikes private show in a side story, let me know. For now, see you guys in part 6 for Twilight's reaction to Rarity's night with Spike.