• Published 17th Mar 2024
  • 130 Views, 14 Comments

Rainbow Dash learns Shine Spark - DreadX_Varia

  • ...
 14
 130

Speed Booster Acquired

“Woah...what is this thing?”

Rainbow Dash stared at the object in front of her for about thirty seconds. The object in front of her is a 1 meter high and wide glass cube attached to a metallic stand. Within the glass cube is a projection of a pastel green arrowhead. The object looks odd to Rainbow Dash. Almost not of this time. She isn’t well-versed in science and technology, but something about this cube feels otherworldly to her. And yet, she can’t help but want to take it to show Twilight. After all, she is the science whiz among the six of them. Perhaps she’d know what it is? Rainbow Dash thought.

Doing the only thing that makes sense, she attempts to lift up the object with her head. The moment she touches it, however, a flash of light surrounds Rainbow Dash and the cube slowly begins to dematerialize. She looks around herself frantically, repeatedly muttering “Ohmygosh” louder and louder as the light becomes brighter and the purple electricity surrounding her hooves becomes more intense. Then, as if it were on instinct, she crouches down and quickly jumps up. She is rapidly propelled upwards in seconds with energy and lightning in various purple hues swirling around her as she ascends higher and higher and higher. Until...BAM! She hits the spot where the atmosphere ends and the energy dissipates with a massive pink shockwave.

Finally, she starts to descend. At the last second, she flaps her wings rapidly to save herself from the impact. She lands, breathing quickly and heavily for a solid minute. Once she recovers, she slowly begins to chuckle to herself until it becomes a laugh of pure joy and thrill.

“YAHOO! WHAT A RUSH!” Rainbow Dash exclaims giddily.

She looks around herself, checking for any remaining light or electricity. None. It all dissipated once she nearly left the atmosphere. She looked up, hoping to see an impression in the sky. None. Then again, it is the sky. It wouldn't leave any visible mark of whatever she did. There was, however, a crater where she'd propelled herself.

"I gotta tell the others! Oh, Celestia! They'll think it's so awesome!"

Rainbow Dash just about attempted to fly, but she remembered the bet. She chuckled to herself when she stopped herself from flapping her wings.
"Whoops! Just about used my wings to fly there." She said to herself, finishing out her chuckle.

She gallops towards Sweet Apple Acres, wanting to tell Applejack about what happened. She's the one who made the bet, so Rainbow Dash thought, by Applejack hearing that something awesome came from the bet, Applejack would be just as giddy as her. Plus, the way she shot up technically didn't count as using her wings; even when she did use her wings, it was to save her from an injury. Even Rainbow Dash knew that Applejack wouldn't be such a stickler about the rules if bending them meant preventing harm.

She gallops and gallops, keeping her destination in mind. She felt herself going faster, and she felt the energy inside of her flowing. She gallops for three seconds before blue light and electricity surrounds her. She sees this, then immediately thinks of the pastel green arrowhead. She gasps as she realizes what the symbol represented, and she starts galloping faster. She's now going as fast as her flight speed.

"This! Is! AWESOME!" Rainbow shouts from the top of her lungs.

She is fully enveloped in energy and lightning. She's reached maximum acceleration. She can feel the wind hitting her face endlessly. In just a minute of galloping, she sees Sweet Apple Acres rapidly come to her vision. She stops herself once she reaches the trees. In doing so, however, she crouches. allowing the purple light and electricity around her hooves to return. Rainbow's grin widens as she realizes that she can show Applejack what happened to her rather than telling her about it breathlessly.

She gently trots, deciding not to risk destroying any trees if she were to speed up again. After five seconds of trotting, the energy enveloping her dissipates. Rainbow stops in her tracks and glances around her body.

Wait, what the-? Where'd the cool light go!?! C'mon!" She says to herself before groaning frustratedly and heading towards Applejack.

After finally finishing her chores, Applejack decides to take a rest. She sighs contentedly, sitting down and looking at the clouds. Her mind immediately goes to the bet she made with Rainbow Dash. Ah wonder how she's doin', not flyin' and all? Applejack thinks to herself. She's probably alright...ah think. As she ponders what Rainbow Dash is doing, she looks towards the orchard and spots the very person she's pondering about. She stands up and starts walking towards her.

"Rainbow Dash! Ah was just thinkin' of ya!" Applejack calls out.

Rainbow Dash looks up. She sees Applejack, and calls back to her.

"Yo, A.J.! I have something to show you!"

Applejack responds back "Well, what're ya waitin' for!?! C'mon up here and show me!"

"I can't show you right here! It might mess up the trees!"

Applejack looks at Rainbow Dash with instant confusion. "It might mess up the trees?" What'n the hay is she tryin'a show me? Applejack gallops towards Rainbow Dash, still looking confused. It isn't long before she reaches Rainbow.

"Rainbow Dash, what're you tryin'a show me? And why would it mess up the tress?" She asks immediately upon reaching her.

"Okay, you're not gonna believe this, but...I found an item that made me able to gallop real fast and shoot up into the air in, like, a second!" Rainbow Dash uttered in a hurry.

Applejack scratched her head in even more confusion. She thought that she'd misheard Rainbow Dash, since she'd spoken so fast.

"Uh, beg your pardon?" Applejack replies.

"Okay, listen. It sounds weird, but...it's sorta hard to explain properly. I'd have to show you." Rainbow explains.

"Alright, but do ya have a place in mind where we won't hurt the trees, like you're suggestin' it could?"

"Actually, yeah! I was exploring Ghastly Gorge on hoof when it happened! I think the crater is still there!"

Applejack was intrigued. An item that allows one to gallop really fast, shoot up into the air in a second, and create a crater oddly seemed interesting to Applejack; it was interesting enough for her to follow Rainbow Dash to Ghastly Gorge Ah'm itchin' to see this, now! Applejack thought to herself.

Author's Note:

This is my first story on here, so forgive me if I can't completely meet your standards.