Anime Crossovers 2,866 members · 1,674 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

Something I've noticed about the Yu-Gi-Oh! fandom, at least in the US are very vocal about how the female characters get mistreated. In addition to this very subreddit, there are a bunch of videos on YouTube about how the female characters of the anime and manga constantly get screwed over. A similar thing happens with the US Naruto fandom, but as far as I can tell it's to a lesser extent.

However as far as I can tell the Yu-Gi-Oh! anime and manga is far from the only shonen anime/manga that drops the ball when it comes to female characters, whether it be screwing them over for no clear reason or introducing lots of male characters but very few female characters or having female characters sit on the sidelines while the male characters get all the cool powerups and stuff.

So what makes the Yu-Gi-Oh! fandom different from all of the other fandoms? Also, I just want to say before someone says that I'm disagreeing with them and that I'm saying that the girls of Yu-Gi-Oh! don't get mistreated and that you guys are just mean, trust me, I'm not saying that at all. In fact, I agree with everyone's complaints completely. This is just something I've noticed while looking at how the fandom sees other shounen anime characters. But maybe this is just me being ignorant. I am more of a casual fan of anime than anything else and am really more interested in fan made content than official content. So what do you guys think?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1