Luna Is The Best Pony 7,280 members · 4,645 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11

I'd been thinking of submitting my story Chaos Controlled to the group of stories here, mainly because Luna plays a major part in the coming chapters. Well, Little Luna... Does that count? Aka would it be a logical choice?
As the stories I've read so far found submitted to this club, I find that they mostly focus on Luna in some way. Now, what's stopping me is that I just finished the fist 'Arc' of the story, and am now moving on to the second. Neither arc focuses on Luna however. The first is Twilight's story, and the second is Katjil's. Though Luna appeared in the first arc, she was a 'side' character. In the coming arc, she'll be a main player. Now I ask again, Would it be logical to submit the story to this group solely because of the second arc?

If she plays a major role through the whole story I don't see why it wouldn't.

Well, that depends. I wouldn't in my opinion. It doesn't sound like your story centers on Luna. And I know that when I'm pulling a story out of this group, it's for a Luna centric fic. I think she needs to be the main focus for a decent portion of the story before the story can be added to the group. Then again, I'm just some random guy who likes ponies and thinks he can write. What do I know?

See, she doesn't play a major role through the whole story. As I stated her role is minor in the first Arc. Her role is fairly Major (she's the second protagonist) in the second arc. And everything about the closing arc is sealed shut until it's posted.

As far as I've gotten down on the story, She's only a minor character in the first part. After that she plays major roles... So far.

839215 Then I'd say no. Mainly since even when she has a major role, she is still not the focus. That's my opinion.

839215 Well, would you say she is integral to the plot? Could her role be played by Celestia, and while it will obviously be different, would it serve the same role? Or does it have to be Luna because of something only she can do, that has to be done, to advance the plot? If you can switch her out with say Celestia without changing massive parts of the story, then no, don't add the story. If it has to be Luna, and you want to add the story, then you can.
It still doesn't seem right though. You keep saying that she's not the major character, and that worries me. Would you say she gets as much page time, in this current arc, as the other main character?

I only mention this now as I had decided this from the time before I began writing, and it isn't too much of a spoiler but there are three major driving forces within the story, each with a varying degree of effect. They are:
1. Makavar's Journal, which you would see part by reading the ends of the arcs.
2. Katjil and Luna's Relationship. (So, no Celestia cannot replace Luna.)
3. The Myst Lines. (To be revealed, in Book 2.)

Each of them are the most important parts of the story, and with this I believe I should hold off submitting until I begin the closing arc of book 1.

I agree with reaper so yeah.

I think you should. I've seen stories on here with luna in them less than that :derpytongue2:

I would say no to posting the story in the group. If the group is focused around a specific pony, than the stories posted in the group should also have a major focus on the pony throughout the entire story.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking.

Now, here is another question.
I'm concepting a Side story to Chaos Controlled, that will in fact feature Luna as the main pony. Now, should I start posting it here, or wait until after I finish Book One? (I'll probably start posting it soon, as I'm having trouble writing in Chaos Controlled. And my current idea doesn't fit in with the story line I had planned for it...)

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11