League of Legends Players 416 members · 87 stories
Comments ( 14 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 14
Corrupt Gnashty
Group Admin

Hey guys, T.X.B here with a something for those of you that are new to LOL that should help guide you on your journey's into the Fields of Justice. When I first started League I knew absolutely nothing. My friend suggested that I should try it out and instead of helping me, dropped me off into the new and extremely hostile game. At first the game seemed too difficult and obscure and I was ready to give up on it until I found this video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBk3MGOtQEg
It certainly helped me through my first 3 weeks or so of playing.
Also, some tips I think you shouldn't take to heart would be numbers 6, 24 and 39. Let me explain;
Tip 6) Panzer suggest that "you play the same couple champions a lot". I do not fully agree with this. I would instead suggest upon deciding which role/lane is your favorite and then play champions that are tied to that role/ lane. For example, my favorite lane back when I was new was Bot lane A.D.C (Attack Damage carry). My first ADC was ,as you can expect, Ashe. Instead of constantly playing her, I broadened my horizons by trying out other ADC's as well. Then again, you will most likely want to play with the same champions until your at least level 4-5.
Tip 24) THIS TIP IS VERY WRONG. :facehoof: Do not disable chat. I learned that the hard way when my team was trying to warn me of impending doom but of course, their efforts were in vain as I couldn't see chat and they hadn't thought to ping a yellow warning sign. The reason why Panzer suggests it in the first place is that she doesn't want you to get harassed by your team if you end up doing badly which is understandable so instead, just make sure to not take your teams words to heart. Insults will be thrown casually as if it were lose change so be ready to ignore over-bearing people.
Tip 39) Well, this doesn't apply to me because I'm usually a better player when I'm angry due to my aggressive nature.If your skill is fueled by rage, then play on my friend. Just be sure not to be a total douche to your team :twilightblush:
Anyway, do try your best to have fun because it is a game after all and remember, http://www.leaguememe.com/images/NqCeZ1tVXAYua2zI5rbwW6hEiT40QMpkdmDxjS8B.png

1) NOPE. Split push still exists.
5) RYZE NO.
8) LOL D.
14) YES.
15) YES YES YES.
23) NOOOOOOOOOOOOPE
25) WHAT? Ignore? That's no fun D:
37) Unless you're Draaaaaaaaaaaven.

Dleifragcat
Group Contributor

2184217 A while ago I was awarded the teamwork ribbon because I helped people hone their playstyles through co-ops and I offered advice on their matches which I spectated. I helped a lot of people climb out of the difficult ladder of Bronze to Silver and even to Gold.
I can't actually play the game well myself (I mean as in, I'm a good player but there are certain... moments) on account of my aloofness and forgetting that I have 4 or 5 items I can activate, and plus I still can't get myself out of locked cam for very long.

A good thing I found out is friendliness goes a long way. I would mostly start the game off with a joke to get any team anxiety diminished (5 strangers in a game that requires teamwork, no doubt positivity will help a great deal).

It fascinates me still that some people don't know about jungling and then proceed to flame me that I'm not helping top or bottom or whatever. And everytime it happens to be a Tele-Tryndamere carry I'm playing :trollestia:

So I still hope one day I will finally win that promotion match to get into Bronze V.

38) "Seriously, don't chase Singed." I loled. Singed is one of my main, and it's amazing how many people will chase him. XD

2186042 How do thou get ribbons?:duck::derpyderp1:

Dleifragcat
Group Contributor

2187814 ( I apologize for the bulkness of this reply, I have a problem where i like to over explain things. Ribbons are simply done by obtaining honor consistantly and for being a good sport and not a troll.)

A long long time ago. Just when the Honor system was first enacted. Everyone honored each other like a boss. Frequently and frivilously.
I myself had managed to score a green teamwork ribbon from all the help and advice I did from co-op matches. I got well over 100 honor points in teamwork so I think it's about how much you can get from different players and if they are consistant. You can't just get a buddy to honor you every match since the system will catch that and give you a percent less of what that honor is worth.

But the overall aspect of it is that you need to have A LOT of points. But it's not jsut the points in the matter, but it's based on how honorable you are compared to the rest of the gaming population. Perhaps since then, they got harder to obtain as more people join day-by-day.

Now the green ribbon is obtained from Teamwork.
The yellow ribbon is obtained from being a Great Leader which comes from friendliness, helpfulness, and teamwork.
The Blue ribbon (personally one I want to get so I can spam Hec's joke) is the Great Mentor ribbon which is a combo of Helpful and Friendly.
Red ribbon is being a great opponent and is earned when the enemy team wants to give you honor.

The trouble is not many people honor nowadays, and certianly people don't honor helpful or friendly that often. The important idea about this though, is that in order to get these ribbons you have to 'NOT WANT THEM' meaning they will come to you because of your actions alone and that you aren't just seeking them out just for the lolz.

It is also important not to act like a nark and to make everyone's game experiance an enjoyable one even if that last teamfight didn't go so smoothly. I still find it odd that my team would criticize me and spam chat for paying a compliment to my lane enemy for besting me in skill
The community's kinda bad but at least there are people that are trying to make it better, honor helps too :moustache:

2188181 thx for the (not so) random outburst:twilightsmile:

i currently have 99 teamwork and im wondering when i will get thou ribbon:pinkiehappy:
thx to u,i now know what the ribbons represent apon color-coating:rainbowdetermined2:

(BTW,I like ur image of Assassin's Creed Ezio)

Corrupt Gnashty
Group Admin

Ya, that is pretty true. Teamwork does go a long way especially when playing with 4 other strangers. The jokes I crack to break the ice are...well...creepy at times but that helps to put my team and the enemy team at ease. The effect is quite profound. Once you get people to play for fun you find your self dancing around Baron with the enemy team for 5 minutes straight or something just as ridiculous (which is what I was doing almost 5 minutes ago in my last game :derpytongue2: )
As for your advice, I'm sure any new players would greatly appreciate it if you post it here, that is, if the advice you post can be used by anyone and not just a extremely specific in-game scenario.

Dleifragcat
Group Contributor

2189824 Thx, a great friend of mine made it of this main assassin OC I created a very long time ago :twilightsheepish: Good luck on your ribbon obtainment!

2190083 Sounds good, I just hope that I can get more general while still getting some pointers across. I spec'd possibly more matches than the average player would do, and learned a lot about the overall 'strategy' of the game and where teams would lose or win.
You wouldn't believe just how much of a great time both your team and the opposing team can have if the mood was lightened. I recall from one match our Gragas built straight up Doran's Rings and was dubbed 'Lord of the Rings' for the next 10 minutes. While that was happening, the fed Cho'gath top got a kill on our Minuteman Gankplank.

"Wow Cho'gath, what did you have for breakfast this morning?"
"CAPTAIN CRUNCH."

These moments are why I still open my LoL client :trollestia:

2184217 she tell us to disable "ALL CHAT" not "ALL" chat, thus preventing you from seeing what the enemy team sends, and preventing you from sending hate to the enemy team. i don't think you can disable chat completely?

Corrupt Gnashty
Group Admin

I am quite sure that you can disable chat completely. Either that or I was hallucinating for a about a month :applejackunsure:
Either way, disabling any chat is a bad idea. Even if you wanted to not receive hate filled messages from the enemy team, you would still get more from your team by an incredibly huge margin. The chances of receiving angry/mean messages from the enemy is pretty low and that's if you even converse with them at all.
Besides if your new to League and therefore start on a new account, its pretty rare to find people that know how to talk to the other team, unless you get a smurf who is usually too busying reprimanding the new people for not knowing stuff they haven't had the chance to learn.
Anyway, thanks for the valid point. :pinkiesmile:

Alphadud
Group Admin

Made this a sticky thread so new members can see the tips and all that stuff.

I recommend watching TricoPaper's videos. He has very good and short guide videos on LoL, and also recommends champions that are surprisingly good once you learn how to play them.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 14