Changelings Need Love Too 2,337 members · 1,539 stories
Comments ( 13 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 13

Does anyone have any good suggestions for a name for the unit of measurement of love?

The only thing I can come up with is 'Amor', which has two problems. First, it implies (to me at least) that love is romantic only, and I can't believe changelings are limited to just feeding on romantic love. Second, it's functionally the -name- of two characters - the ancient Princess Amore, and the modern 'Mi Amore Cadenza'.

Any thoughts?

spark? like how there is a spark between lovers.

You could something like just measuring it in thaums like magic? Idk, just drawing at straws lol

I think 'motes' sound pretty good, especially cause you can track it back to 'emotions'.

6215400 The Hug! The standard unit of affection!

well if you looking for units like inches feet meters ext then how about heart, party, festival. (names can change just a example.)Now hear me out lets say 1 heart is like the smallest and 5 hearts is a party. 3 parties is a festival. make sense? I hope so

What you could do is put "love" into the english side a google translate, and try five or six different languages until you find something you like. Your unit will have cultural significance to some people and seem like just a funny made up work to others.
aloha - Hawaiian
Ai - Chinese
cinta - Malay ( you could call it the cintameter )
dashuri - Albanian
milovat - Slovac
hkyithkyinnmayttar - Burmese ( not the most likely candidate )
lief - Afrikaans

Alternatively, I often see emotions converted into a kind of changeling honey. Which would be measured in liters.

Though the real question is why is it being quantified?

^ this.
Honestly I don't like the idea that love is a quantifiable thing in the first place, but 'motes sounds like a slang term developed over a long period of time, which'd be very much on point for changelings. And it doesn't entirely specify love only.

Phi? as in the greek letter, stands for Philo, greek for love.

In my story, changelings turn emotion into syrupy liquid, so I used cc as measurement (like mL but it sounded cooler).

Beats
Ticks
Pulses
Thumps

Nummies:derpytongue2:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 13