Celestia & Luna 2,709 members · 4,443 stories
Comments ( 15 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15

Dear fellow Duarch fans, I just posted the thirteenth and final chapter of Mankind Triumphant - Relic, in which I explore the origins and early history of Equestria and the royal sisters (and yes, Discord) in a series of flashbacks.

Being quite a science geek, I of course speculate on a technological origin for the MLP universe, and even our lovely princesses (to say more would be to spoil a big chunk of the story, so I won't!)

One tantalizing but still uncompleted story by TheUrbanMoose seems to show Celestia at least being from a race previously extinct in Equestria The Stranger and Her Friend. It's one of my very favorite stories on FimFiction because it really goes deep into showing us the evolution of Celestia as a person from her arrival in Equestria.

What are your favorite Celestia and Luna origin stories, and why?

Dafadah

I think there's this one fic I have in my favorites.
But it's all the way in the back.
I let me search for it in real-time.
asdfjal;djf;adskfasdkffa;ldskjdsf;kl
The Steadfast Sky

I subscribe to the personal belief that we are all Equestria in human form.

Discord represents foreign entities such as viruses.
Celestia represents the special tissues with lotion and Luna is the NyQuil.

I think Discord might be a former god or something of that sort. Think about the rediculous amount of power he has. Even Celestia has nothing compared to him.

My personal theory? He's a nature spirit that snapped when the ponies started clearing forest lands.:pinkiesmile:

The Stranger and Her friend is amazing and one of my favorites for sure.

I'd have to go with Paradise as my favorite origin of the princesses story. It just feel so organic; a world that feels really as an ancient Equestria, before real civilization. Like stone age for us! :derpyderp2:

And I have this soft spot for The LUNA Project and Redemption. If well written, the idea of Humans somehow being involved with the origin of the Princesses mystifies me.

606489 Loved your story The Good of The Many, gonna have to give this Mankind Triumphant - Relic a go. :twilightsmile:

606543>>606642

My "Read Later" list just got longer still!

PS - just a fair bit of warning. The opening scenario of MT - Relic is quite dark, but the story itself is an examination of Celestia's character via her response to a truly horrifying turn of events. In to show the evolution of Celestia's thinking I contrast her thoughts and interactions in the three separate timelines. It was a bit of an experiment, but I hope I pulled it off adequately.

606738 That sounds really cool. :rainbowderp: Celestia is Best Princess. :rainbowkiss:

My story Titanomachy actually addresses this question from a (mostly Greek) mythological perspective.

I, too, wrote a fanfic on this very subject! In the same vein, I really need to read Paradise. I keep hearing good things about it.

This is a question I hope the show does not answer, because it's awesome seeing everyone's different ideas about it. I like to be free to imagine it happened one way one day, and another the next. In my own story Celestia in Excelsis, Celestia started as an ordinary unicorn filly and actually had to become what she is now. (Phoenixes were involved.) And Luna came about a totally different way from her sister. (I like the idea that the sisters' natures are different, so their origins might be too.) That said, I like to think of the sisters as beings that are more otherworldly than the rest of the ponies.

I've started reading Celestia in Excelsis. An excellent story and a very original idea!

Well, I'd love to tell you about my thoughts on the matter, but...

Edit: By the way, I see the idea of them starting out as unicorns a lot (some invoke the EoH). While that doesn't fit into Rise of the Legend, I think it is a rather intriguing idea.

607932 Even if the show does answer that question, we (FIMfiction users) are going to keep speculating about it, so I wouldn't worry at all! :facehoof:

The truth is that I've never read about Celestia, Luna or Discord origins, so I'd like to ask which fanfics should I start with. :twilightblush:

608115 Thank you so much!:twilightsmile:

My headcanon/storycanon is that alicorns are just born from other alicorns, with only one family of them existing. Discord is a force of nature given consciousness and form as a result of a tremendous war and some misplaced magic by one of the alicorns, and is so powerful because he's a concept and aspect of living beings' nature rather than a really tall horse.

...man, I'm so bad at summarizing my stories.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 15