Toku Ponies! 324 members · 405 stories
Comments ( 18 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 18

The time has come for our first look at Super Sentai #48, Bakuage Sentai Boonboomger. Now much like series such as Liveman and Hurricaneger, the main team will start out with three rangers before two more show up later on to round out the core five. In this case, the Red, Blue, and Pink Ranger trio will be joined by a Black and Orange Ranger duo, which will make this the first series since 1979's Battle Fever J where the main team has a Red-Orange-Blue-Black-Pink color combination (that is, if you want to classify Battle Kenya as a Black Ranger instead of a Green Ranger). This will also be the first series since 2020's Mashin Sentai Kiramager where the team's ranger names incorporate their colors, meaning each member is called "Boon [color]". The transformation device for the primary trio is the wrist-mounted Boonboom Changer.

I just can't take these suits seriously with helmets like those!

I thought it was gonna be explosive themed, what with the name and all. But it's cool, we haven't had a car themed Super Sentai since Go-Ongers. Although, I'm not all that crazy about the helmet designs. Kinda answers the reasons why the first 3 Car Themed Super Sentais all had their helmets modeled after the front ends of the car lol Jokes aside, I'm sure there's some appeal to it. After all, there's been plenty of Tokusatsu heroes who's costume designs seemed ridiculous at first, but ended up becoming iconic in one way or another. Like my favorite Kamen Rider, Drive, had his go to forms' helmet design with the racer fin. Maybe it's one of those slow burner types of appeal, y'know? Either way, I'm kinda curious if it'll be like Carranger and Go-Onger (I haven't watched Turboranger). Those two leaned more towards comedy and satire. Or maybe it'll be more like Kamen Rider Drive. Either way, I'm curious to know what the plot is. Oh, and of course, the hand-off with King-Ohger

7918090 I'm with you there and I thought Battle Fever J had the worst suit and helmet design and I'm wrong.

I wonder what the opening theme would sound like?

Maybe something upbeat like in Carranger and Go-Onger's themes

And epic like king-ohger

What about the henshin maybe a race track of sort

Is that seriously the Helmets they are going for?

They kind of stand out.

Merry Christmas, everyone! As a gift to you guys, I thought I'd share this little scan of the primary trio's arsenal.

So as previously mentioned, they use the Boonboom Changer to transform. As for their sidearm, they wield the Boonboom Handle, which has two modes: Gun and Rod.

Given the weapon designs, I guess they're leaning more towards the wheel aesthetic more than the car aesthetic, huh?

All I see with that weapon is the Faiz Blaster handle.

Here's our first look at the secondary duo along with the mechs and main giant robot for this series.

Yep, they're leaning towards the wheel aesthetic in this one. Called it

So from what I just learned, the main giant robot is called Boonboomger Robo, and it's components are Boonboom Trailer, Boonboom Off-Road, and Boonboom Wagon. For the record, the last main giant robot to have "Robo" in its name was Dekaranger Robo back in 2004.

Boonboom Trailer + Boonboom PatCar 1 + Boonboom PatCar 2 = Boonboomger Robo Police

Boonboom Trailer + Boonboom Shovel + Boonboom Dozer = Boonboomger Robo Builder

Boonboom Trailer + Boonboom Classic + Boonboom Racing = Boonboomger Robo Knight

Taiya Hando/Bun Red: A kind hearted man who loves cars. A master of developing and modifying cars, he works as a "delivery man" using the tuned-up red car that he built. When he likes someone or something, he generously and energetically acquires it. He has a strong competitive instinct, and has the ability to see through the essence of things. He is able to carve out his own by making quick decisions, and even in difficult situations, he is someone that you can rely on! Lastly, he is skillful with both rods and guns, and is good at creative battles that suit the situation.

Ishiro Meita/Bun Blue: A cool young man who supports Taiya as an "informant". A master of information gathering, he is a freelance spy who has a worldwide network. He's methodical, sarcastic, and is cynical at times. He always considers risks and makes calm decisions, but when Taiya makes a decision, he just accepts because he has complete trust on Taiya. He fights alongside Taiya as this was the "job that Taiya gave him." He has an excellent dynamic vision, and is good at precise movements. If you let him use a gun, he'll get 100 shots.

Mira Shifuto/Bun Pink: The mood maker and trouble maker who is full of curiousity and sticks her nose into everything. She also shows a lot of emotions and is very innocent. She's a "driver" who is a master of driving and maneuvering. She has a lot of part-time jobs, and works at various stores, but she ends up reconsidering her direction in life after meeting Taiya. After said meeting, she began to show her true core strength. She also has a unique sensitivity and fights instinctively.

Jou Akuse/Bun Black: A super serious rookie police officer who dreams of becoming a hero. Passionate about justice, he usually patrols the town on his bicycle, and while patrolling, he hears screams and rushes over to find a monster and a "tire man"?! Serious and aggressive, he is confident with his physical strength. He primarily uses the Boon Change Axe in its Rod Mode.

Genba Bureki/Bun Orange: A dependable man who is "procurement expert" and can procure you what you need form anywhere. He has a kind and soft demeanor. He is also an elusive man and never shows his true feelings as his background is currently unknown. Even if that's the case, Taiya is confident in working with a procurement agent. He is good at fighting by taking advantage of his opponent's movements, and primarily uses the Boon Change Axe in its Axe Mode.

So before Boonboomger makes its official debut this weekend, I thought I'd share with you all this last bit of info regarding our secondary duo's arsenal that I neglected to bring up until now.

Bun Black and Orange's transformation device and sidearm is the Boonboom Change Axe, which has three modes: Axe, Rod, and Handle. On a side note, it turns out the Boonboom Handle also has a Handle Mode. The team uses both sidearms' Handle Modes as steering wheels to pilot their mecha.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 18