Austraeoh 773 members · 31 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

Greetings everyone! Because of the efforts of The K Man, Durandana, Austraeoh Fact Checker, Imploding Colon, Salt Crow, the Jurists, Lunar Ninthers, and all of you, you can now learn the Xonan conlanguage on Memrise and check out the Xonan dictionary on Lexiconga!

The Memrise Xonan course is a 12-part course that focuses on teaching Xonan grammar and words that are based off of Fimfiction jurists.

Basic lesson overview:

Sunrise - Introduction to Xonan

Morning Sun - Basic Xonan grammar

Good Morning Already - Basic Xonan

Rainbow Dash Flies East - A dialogue translation of the chapter “Pretty Blue Moon Princess” from Odrsjot (ch 10)

And We, The Noble Jury (1) - Noble Words

Noble Hope for a Troubled Land - LEDOMULIEN

And Marsupials Make It All Complete (2) - Noble Words

A World That’s Worth Protecting - Xonan booster

The Very Last Bastion - Love poem translation from a certain cheese-loving Jurist to another bouncy and goggled Jurist

Time’s No Crime - Xonan number and time system

Lemur Cave (3) - Noble Words

Onwards - Dialogue translation of a chapter from Austraeoh, book one.

It is recommended to learn these sections in this order, and to use them on the website instead of the mobile app.

If you have any problem reports, ideas, suggestions, questions, requests to add words (you can add yourself!) and anything else, please feel free to say.

Take care! ( ͡ᵔ ͜ʖ ͡ᵔ) :pinkiehappy::heart:

The Lexiconga link is broken for me. :pinkiesad2:

But the Memrise lessons are making a lot of sense, thanks :rainbowkiss:

durandana
Group Contributor

I take no credit for this, but while we're on the topic here's a fun little thing no one has seen before.

Since I know a bit about computational linguistics, I wrote this little program a few years back and sent it to Skirts. It "learns" conlangs from an arbitrary text sample, and then lets you generate more of the same in a somewhat consistent way. Some of you might find it interesting.

KMCA
Group Contributor

great, it's a proper noun.

Looks like Lexiconga has completely changed, it doesn't look like they even host conlangs anymore, or at the very least you can't browse them... I wonder, does anyone have a backup? I highly doubt it, though...

EDIT: It's still there, it's just that the search functionality seems to be broken.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5