The Changeling Federation 453 members · 94 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

So, what if Chrysalis hadn't been driven from Equestria? What if she successfully took over? What would life be like 10 years later? I need some ideas about what life (in Ponyville, specifically) would be like ten years after the changelings had taken over. In my story I'm working on, the mane six and the princesses are dead/imprisoned(Leaning more towards dead), and the elements are hidden. My main characters struggle to earn a living in post-apocalyptic, changeling filled Ponyville, but leave and go to Canterlot, locate the elements of harmony, and banish Chrysalis. The part I'm struggling with is depicting exactly what it's like there.
Help?

Well, if the changelings were smart they would have eliminated the element bearers, establised martial law, and would have kept things generally the same socially wise.

I mean, they came for food/magic power right? So it would make sense that aside from the major threats, you would treat the captured populace with some mercy. Maybe you could even have some ponies who sympathise, after all, ten years is a long time and if the changelings were smart (doubtful, unfortuantly) then they would have tried to win over the population.

I mean, this is an idea of course, but maybe you could do a quest for them to banish Chrysalis/kick out the changelings, but the majority of the ponies don't actually mind them. You could work in a 'Who's really the villains?' angle, or maybe give it a bittersweet ending as even though they 'win', the element bearers aren't seen as heroes.

Mind freak.

AgentSnail
Group Contributor

I always liked to think that the invasion was just a distraction for something else that Chrysalis wanted to do. I mean, what better way is there to slip in a bunch of important changelings here and there for later when all the attention is on Canterlot? With a foothold in Equestria, it would be a lot easier to take over later, and turn ponies against ponies as they tried to figure out who they could trust.

3261678 Marshal Law has been established, and almost all of the love has been consumed by the changelings. Ponies struggle to cling to the remaining good things in life.

when the changelings first came, they were met with extreme resistance, so Chrysalis showed them no mercy whatsoever, and never loosens her grip on the ponies' lives.

Changelings need to bloody learn how to ration, the greedy pigs.

Prince_Staghorn
Group Contributor

3264659 we don't JUST eat love, you know:ajbemused:

Look, my headcanon on that varies from fic to fic. It changes.

Yes, I did just do that.

Comment posted by Princess_Cadence deleted May 12th, 2014
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8