Love and Tolerate 813 members · 6,305 stories
Comments ( 23 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 23
funkyferret
Group Admin

Have a story that you wrote? Found a story from another author that you love and want to share? Post a link and brief description here.
Abuses admin privileges to insert a shameless self-promotion. I'm going to use my own fan-fiction as an example.

Widget

Tags: Slice of Life
Rating: Everyone

A strange recluse named Widget is starting a life for herself in the Everfree forest. Her mother told her to avoid the ponies in the nearby town of Ponyville, but fate intervenes during an incident involving a platypus and a large cannon. This is the story of a misfit trying to find her place in the world, as well as the courage to stand against the worst critic anypony can face... themselves.

funkyferret
Group Admin

Detective Conan: The Colt

Tags: Tragedy, Sad, Dark, Crossover, Adventure, Human.
Rating: Teen

Detective Conan wakes up in Ponyville, missing his main gadgets and finding that his body was turned into a foal's. Although he expects it to be a dream, he soon finds links between his real world, and the world that he now lives in. Along with solving cases from the regular to the extreme, he must figure out if the links are real, and if he can go back to the real human world. At the same time, he soon questions if he wants to, while his friends and family beg him to wake up.

Note: Shinichi-kun, I love you! :yay:

The Next to the Last Unicorn

Tags: Crossover, Adventure

It has been over twelve-hundred years since Amalthea was saved by the powerful magic of her long dead human friend. With King Haggard dead, and the Red Bull banished to the sea, all was at peace for the world of the Utopian unicorns and mythical creatures alike. But when Amalthea returns to the ancient places of her memories, she unknowingly releases the full power of the beast once cast away. With unfathomable power, and the soul of a mad king within its enraged form, the Red Bull will stop at nothing to accomplish its long overdue goal to bring its demonic soul to a peaceful rest. A "The Last Unicorn" crossover.

Note: I loved the movie, and this fic.

Shameless self-promotion awaaaayyy!!!!

Dark Skies on Cutie'd Thighs

A buildup of magical energy and a very unlucky doctor allows a horrifying creature to slip through from the aethyric dimension, and seems to have an unusual appetite. Can anypony stop them?

Read on to start finding out...

Rated teen for grimdark themes, but no gore or clop.

Oh, why not? Just for the sake of shameless self-promotion, here are the two fanfics I've written so far that have made it to the outside world:

Taking Time

Tags: Sad, Comedy, Slice of Life

Twilight Sparkle has been obsessing over Celestia's upcoming visit. What happens when all her plans fall apart?

This was my first MLP fanfic, and centers around exploring Twilight & Celestia's relationship. I still consider this one of the better things I've written.

Making Friends

Tags: Comedy, Adventure, Slice of Life

The Noble Sir Rocinante has been turned into a frog, and the Lady Belle and her faithful squire have gone on a quest to Frogbury Pond to save him!

Or possibly Sweetie Belle is just really bored and lonely, and looking for something to do...

Takes place prior to "Call of the Cutie".

This was actually approved earlier today. I'm rather pleased with the twist at the end...

The Strength of Friendship

Tags: Random, Adventure

The Mane 6 receive an invitation to join the Princesses in attendance for the Pony Wrestling Federation's biggest event of the year: Hoovamania. An encounter with the P.W.O., Pony World Order, wrestling stable creates tension between the two pony groups and the Mane 6 find themselves being in a 6-on-6 elimination wrestling match at Hoovamania.

The Web of Deceit by Golfmann14

Tags: Sad, Dark, Adventure, Alternate Universe

Ever since she defeated Nightmare Moon with her friends, Twilight's life in Equestria never happened.
Because Equestria as does not exist.
One month after the Royal Wedding, Ponyville is preparing for another visit from the Princess. However, when everypony disappears, Twilight's world is turned upside-down as her true reality and life are revealed.
She is the last hope to unite a torn world.

I really enjoyed the hook on this one, and it got me really into it early on. Definitely worth it if you don't mind a bit more dark conflict in your stories, but it isn't complete yet, unfortunately.

EDIT: Gasp, it seems that this story no longer exists. Oh well.

Shameless self-promotion FTW!

Rites of Ascension
Tags: Adventure, AU

Sixteen years after arriving in Ponyville, Twilight Sparkle is excited to have invented a brand-new kind of spell, but it will come with consequences she cannot possibly anticipate. Meanwhile, threats in shadows around the world conspire to overthrow the Solar Throne. With her world turned upside down, she will have to come to terms with the role that fate has dealt her while straining to keep Celestia in power.

---

Designing Intrigue
Tags: Dark, Adventure, AU

Rarity has risen to the highest stretches of the fashion business and high society, but she's found that not all is as it seems. In the corners of cocktail parties all over Equestria, dark conversations are found. Eventually, Rarity can take no more of this, and begins reporting back to Celestia while delving deep into a world she had no idea was so intertwined with her life's goal.

How much of herself is she willing to give up to protect the throne and, more importantly, Twilight Sparkle? The life of a spy is a dangerous one indeed.

How did I not see this thread before? I must be losing my lurking edge since I gave up 4chan...
Anyhow, story promotions... I got a few of those, let's see here:

Colors of the Heart
Tags: Romance, Sad, Slice of Life

Interacting with new ponies can be stressful for even the most patient pony; they can be wild, energetic and unpredictable. For some, there are few greater horrors then being forced to do so; Prism is one such pony.

She has chosen to hide away and live a life far from the ever watchful eye of a society that prefers conformity and the status quo. Alone with her only artwork and faithful pet rabbit Mr. Wiggles, she leads a fairly happy life keeping her distance from everypony. Although, when her bubble world suddenly pops and life falls to pieces around her, she is torn from her comfort zone and forced to escape the big city and find change in the form of a new life.

*This is easily one of the best OC-centric fics I've ever had the pleasure to read. Very well written and full of feels.*

Chasing Shadows
Tags: Comedy, Adventure

Armed merely by their Royal Criminal Investigation badges and couple of Pixie Sticks, royal guards Word Wise and Dusk Dancer are ordered to track down an escaped fugitive on the run from the law.

One a unicorn stallion, the other a nocturnal mare. While they may not see eye to eye, they are going to have to learn how to get along in order to bring a convict to justice and to save their jobs as royal guards.

*Another OC story? Yes. Why would I recommend another OC story? Because it's pretty much awesome. Don't let the inactivity of updates concern you, the prologue and chapters 1 & 2 have been under heavy revision by yours truely. Once that's done (should be pretty soon) the updates will start coming fairly regularly.*

Now, this is the part where I do my shameless self-promotion:
Researcher Twilight
Tags: Tragedy, Dark, Adventure, Alternate Universe

Twilight Sparkle has been a student, personal protege, and friend of Princess Celestia for many years. However, when the Princess appoints her to be the new Grand Magus of the Equestrian Royal Court, everything changes. Celestia becomes reluctant and unwilling to teach Twilight anything more advanced than what is absolutely necessary to perform her new duties.

What is Celestia hiding? What is the Princess protecting?

Celestia's attempt to withhold knowledge from Twilight tragically backfires, pushing the student to learn everything she can of magic, the workings of the world, and the Princess's secrets. No matter the cost, no matter how forbidden these areas of study are, Twilight is determined to learn the truth.

Twilight is taking the first steps of a journey that once started, cannot be taken back.

*For those of you turned off by the Dark or Tragedy tags, check this out: The Road to Canterlot. Tagged as Slice of Life, this is Chapter 1 of Researcher Twilight, amputated from the rest of the story and setup as a one-shot feels-fic. Not dark or tragic by any stretch of the imagination.*

Whats up guys!? You know whats cool? SHAMELESS PROMOTIONS :yay:YAAAAY!!!!:yay:

Adventures of Mane 7 by me!

Tags: Romance, Dark, Adventure, Alternate Universe, Human
Rating: E for Everyone

A crime syndicate known as Despair has been going around towns and causing trouble. The ponies working in this syndicate has gotten on to the most wanted list in every town except for one, Ponyville. Due to how powerful the Elements of Harmony are, it would be suicide to raid the town. So in order to gain the upper hand, They send in a stallion known as Nemesis into Ponyville. He is ordered to live in Ponyville to gain the trust of it's citizens. When that is accomplished, Nemesis will steal the Elements of Harmony and completely take over the town. But his faith in this task begins to dwindle as he lives with the liveliest bunch in town. Twilight Sparkle, Applejack, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, and Rainbow Dash shows him what friendship is really about. Nemesis begins to love his new life in Ponyville. But its become painfully obvious that he must make a huge decision. Will he choose to follow his orders from Despair to take over Ponyville? Or will he choose to protect the ones that showed him true happiness? Note: Anthropomorphic ponies.

This story is like Shounen Jump style. Which means it has tons of fight scenes! So come check it out! Reviews and comments are always welcome!:twilightsmile:

Thanks for reading!:pinkiehappy:

funkyferret
Group Admin

This one was hilarious. :rainbowlaugh:

Twilight's Bird Feeder

Twilight gets a bird feeder in the hopes of studying local birds up close. What she gets instead is a day full of frustration as the bird feeder mysteriously empties whenever she looks away.

I'd like a go at this!

Her Candidates

Tags: Human, Dark, Adventure.
Rated T for Teen.

Description: Formerly called "The Journey" due to it having a very similar title to other stories.

That, and due to Chapter 6's development, the new title will make a lot of sense.

During spring break, a high school journalism club (a group of twelve boys and girls, plus a little girl), who were on a vacation to Italy, is split in half when their airplane mysteriously crashes in Equestria.

With the aid of the of the residents of Equestria, this journalism club sets out on a journey to reunite and find a way home, before it's too late.

A story that's inspired by ABC's LOST, and by watching MLP-FiM back to back for several days.

Rated [Teen] for Strong Language.
----------------------------------------

I'd love it if more people read it. I'm surprised I have more likes than Dislikes now, but It was initially getting dislikes from out of nowhere Haha.

I want to get better though. >_>

My Turn.
Not Medically Accurate

A Grimdark fix that I hope speaks for itself.

Plotwise, Twilight goes Pinkamena on the Cutie Mark Crusaders.

498180 Y u delete :C

Brotherhood

Tags: AU, Romance
Rating: Teen (mild innuendo)

Prince Artemis and Prince Solaris call themselves brothers. But long before they were brothers they were many other things to each other. When Dusk Shine gets a chance to hear a little bit of their history, he is eager to discover more.

This is two interwoven stories, one in the present, one in the past. It's one I'm especially proud of in a lot of ways, but though it does have a positive vote ratio now, it got a lot of downvotes suspiciously early, from people who I think slammed it just for being genderswapped and having M/M romance in it without actually reading it. So I'd kind of like it to get a little more love.

Swear on Camembert and
It Bombed In Seaddle
(Looks like "Camembert" was already in a folder. Whoops!)
Anyway, "Swear on Camembert" was, no fooling, the first CheesePie story that ever hit the Sadfic folder, and it belongs there. Mostly. Beginning immediately after Pinkie Pride, Cheese Sandwich begins feeling a backward pull towards Ponyville. Pinkie's Pinkie Sense has prompted her to go with him and throw another big party. When Cheesy Sense and Pinkie Sense combine to send them the same, apparently contradictory signal, they are sent to throw the worst party of their lives.

While the other CheesePie fics I've written, Party of Two and Mr. Lonelyheart Meets Miss Lovestruck, aren't technically sequels, they do make use of the worldbuilding I developed in them about Pinkie Sense, Cheesy Sense, and Party Pony Magic. It's been a blast. I hope people have as much fun reading them as I have writing them.

Ryujin

Tags: Dark, Romance, Sad, Adventure

Ryujin has lost everything because of his brother. One day the two finally face each other. During the fight, the two are transported to Equestria, where their conflict continues. Ryujin finds new peace with the ponies and must do everything he can to protect them for their and his sake.

Princess of Friendship
Tags: Tragedy

The Mane Seven are on a mission to spread friendship across Equestria. It sounds easy enough, but should they really let their guard down?

Twilight is confident that she can cope with any situation. Maybe she’s right and there really is nothing to worry about ... Maybe.

You may also revel in the Youtube reading (Chapter 1, Chapter 2) and mp3 download (Chapter 1, Chapter 2) that are available for this story.

Comment posted by bestponydash deleted Oct 24th, 2015
ROM

Tags: Adventure, Human

A few years ago a group of friends collaborated to make a story online, but gave up, disbanded, and grew distant until now, reuniting on a hiking trip that is unexpectedly interrupted when they're pulled into Equestria and tossed out of a sonic rainboom (in equine bodies, no less) in a strange chronicle of events that not even they understand. Once there, they struggle to fit in to Equestria while trying to understand what exactly happened.
It's too bad passports won't cover universe jumping.

This is an ongoing project that is incomplete and meant to be read like an anime! :rainbowdetermined2:

"Shanghai'd!" (I can't link you to story due to site rules so here's my profile: http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Sorcerer)

Tags: Gore, Romance, Tragedy, Sad, Dark, Adventure Anthro

Rating: Mature

Brief Outline (Emphasis on "Brief"): Wandering off to a nearby river port after an argument with Twilight, Spike begins to question his own life as he sits on the river's edge. Fluttershy appears close by; having watched Spike, and admits she tailed him all the way from Twilight's house in an attempt to bring him back. Spike confesses to Fluttershy that he wishes to have more adventure and meaning in his life than stacking books, and Fluttershy encourages him to make a change to better himself. However, in a mysterious and sudden turn of events... Spike and Fluttershy end up recruits on a pirate ship headed to The Blacklands- a continent on the other side of a great ocean. The two are dumbfounded to find the captain is a dragon by the name of Draven Jagged-tooth, who is amazed by Spike, and in private reveals to him a shocking truth. More than anypony will ever know will be revealed, and the mysteries, nations, and tribes of the Blacklands ahead shall be explored in this seaworthy-series! Adventure awaits! :twilightsmile:

[url= https://www.fimfiction.net/story/298270/the-un-popular-ones]The UnPopular Ones

Categories: Slice of Life

One day, a shy but intelligent colt from Manehattan decides to mover to Ponyville to visit his mother. He was hoping for a quiet time with books and math until he could return home. Little did he know that the teacher had other intentions...
Based on a true story, this young colt has to deal with over coming shyness, meeting new friends and helping others solve their problems. Not a Mane 6 member or even a popular background character. Heck, he's not even cannon. But maybe he doesn't need to be. Him, along with his two newest friends are:
The Un-Popular Ones

Written by, Gary-Sec
(Show some love for my friend!)

If the title rolls off your tongue well, then don't be scared to check out my pirate fanfic called "Shanghai'd!"! I've been writing it for about a year and a half now, and I post chapters almost every week (emphasis on 'almost'). If you like One Piece, this is the story for you! If you like Bioshock, Fallout, or Skyrim, (you guessed it...) this is the story for you! Although, I don't sugar-coat my violence like other stories. Violence is violence after all. So check it out if you're interested! I'm always happy to see new readers, and I really want this story to gain some traction. I'd like some feedback! :twilightsmile:

Here's the link for ya! I can't link you directly to the main story, but I can give you my profile link!

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Sorcerer

Have a great day, guys! :heart:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 23